Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Do we know something about warmode in Shadowlands?

Will the alliance recieve +30% bonus during the whole expansion again?
    Probably.

And you should either switch to Alliance or quit your crying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    What has been fun about it?
    That it is your choice to turn it on or off whenever you want, as opposed to being stuck in a choice you made when you created your character - potentially years before you understood your choice. Or even if you did understand, you changed your mind?
    Last edited by slime; 2019-11-20 at 03:10 PM.

I am very happy with warmode. As someone who made the mistake of rolling on a PvP server on day one of release I can finally play without having to deal with people trying to stop me from enjoying the game.

For those saying that I could have transferred, the aesthetics of having played my chars on the same realm since day one release outweighed the frustrations of being killed while questing.

10+ Year Old Account

You sound salty. Horde already have massive advantages due to the faction imbalance, gotta give the Alliance something.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Agreed. Sharding has no place in modern WoW. Made sense in Classic in the early days when everyone and their mother was camping mobs but not anymore
    Fixing the sharding isn't going to change anything. It's probably not even broken to begin with. PvP servers were 80 % Horde, I sincerely doubt that changed with the implementation of War Mode. The fact that Alliance continues to receive the maximum bonus and the gear quest week after week bears this out.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

It’s not a failure to me. I like the 20-30 % bonus. Makes the AP grind much faster. Are you not really just jealous?

Main problems are fraction balance and sharding. More and more players choising Horde - top players first, others - next, it's a snowball effect. Problem was there for years, and Blizzard ignored it.

Sharding just don't work as it should be. It should do roughly equal numbers, but on live servers I constantly see like 20A vs 100H in a zone. You can be world 1st gladiator with best gear, but in WoW you just can't win 1vs10.

Nope.

Current bonus on EU is 10% horde and 25% alliance. I've seen 20% and 15% for the alliance during the last weeks.

Cant be removed at this point.
    They have already turned off the designations for realms, so there is no going back on that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Yes and yes alliance will probably retain their bonus for as long as they remain the underdog.

I can understand why alliance players on a server with major imbalance won't even turn it on, its no fun trying to get anything done in a zone where you just end up being a 40 man raids punching bag for hours because they thought camping your corpse would be fun way to spend their time.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Failure warmode? Is this low tier bait or people are actually agaisnt the only permanent feature of BfA?
    FTFY. 10char.

Also yes, +1 for WM being an amazing "feature" that removed the awful archaic design of Vanilla. It took way too long for this to be a reality.

It's also Blizzard's fault for not fixing the faction imbalance (read: allow cross-faction play).

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Yes and yes alliance will probably retain their bonus for as long as they remain the underdog.

I can understand why alliance players on a server with major imbalance won't even turn it on, its no fun trying to get anything done in a zone where you just end up being a 40 man raids punching bag for hours because they thought camping your corpse would be fun way to spend their time.
    Premade Group > Join another group. Oh look, you're now the ones overpopulating over Horde. I see it all the time in Battle for Naz. Also just general phasing/layering. I'm on Illidan, which has a ~95%+ Horde to ~5% Alliance ratio and I see tons of Alliance all the time. The "faction imbalanced servers" don't really matter anymore like they used to.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2019-11-20 at 04:17 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post

That it is your choice to turn it on or off whenever you want, as opposed to being stuck in a choice you made when you created your character - potentially years before you understood your choice. Or even if you did understand, you changed your mind?
    We have server transfers.

So basically what you say is that the only good thing about warmode is that you can turn it off if you've made the mistake of rolling on a PvP server. That just shows how bad of a feature it is.

Group Finder and 5 man weeklies provide a very good world pvp experience, like in Nazjatar today. Both sides were going back and forth and they were getting their objectives, while genuinely fighting.

Battle for Nazjatar is different. It's more about "get to a shard you can infest faster than the opposite faction, or the opposite faction will". It's not the Warmode's fault, that would happen regardless of WM on, bonus or not.

At the end of the day, roll Alliance if you're having trouble finding Alliance characters to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Well, as a system it's absolutly fine. But it has some serious flaws:
    1) "The groupfinder issue" or "summoning stone issue". It's REALLY annoying when your group is full and you want to port the last slackers to the dungeon but, o well, you can't because you are in WM and the other groupmember who flew to the dungeon is not. Similar problem with raidgroups. Maybe put all members of the group be in the mode of the groupleader when they enter the group. Or mark groups in the groupfinder as WM/non WM
    2) The fact, that you get higher PvE rewards if you enter WM. That's the elephant in the room: In WM you are not rewarded for doing PvP. Heck, you are even encouraged not to do PvP. Most people with WM on are not interested in PvP at all and just want higher rewards. In general it's more efficient to mind your own business and do your worldquests than to engange in a fight.There could be simple fixes:
    Remove the flat 10-30% buff you get on gold/rep/azerite.
    Reward players for killing other players with gold/rep/azerite. Think PvP expeditions, just in the open world. You get a stacking buff the longer you are active in WM (killing other players, finishing quests, etc..) and a player killing you gets a reward based on your buff. That way camping is discouraged, because you won't get rewards for killing someone over and over. Just one example you can take.

WM should be for PvP and not a toggle for higher PvE rewards.
    I kinda like those proposals actually. Sound like needed changes

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    But it's a choice.

It's literally a button to participate. Make it an actual WAR mode instead of lazy sharding.

This company literally delivers shit on a platter and people lap it up as if it's great content.
    #1. Please learn what the word "literally" means.

#2. Just stating your opinion as fact in a very forceful way does nothing. You quoted me replying with reasons they're not going to do what you want and you did not address those reasons whatsoever.

Oh wait, you're banned again. Shocking. Never mind.

tl:dr
    its not really that much of an advantage as it sounds at first. only ~6% (TOPS) of total AP income.

alliance didnt have 30% the whole expansion, it was between 20-30%.
    30% doesnt mean that alliance get 30% more than horde. horde gets 10% bonus, so its 130/110*100-100= ~18,2% more.
    furthermore its only rewards from WQs, nothing else not emissaries, islands, m+, raids etc, only WQs. how big a percentage of your total AP earned is from WQs? for some its under 1%. if you cleared the map from AP WQs every day, and you did all the things that gave good AP rewards, 4 islands, weekly m+ etc, it may have been like 33% TOPS.
    ~33% of ~18,2% is ~6%.
    every week the AP required per trait is reduced by 30%, which means that a 30% bonus is equal to 1/5 of a week advantage or 1.4 day (this doesnt mean 2.8 days after two weeks 4.2 at 3 weeks. it means always be only 1.4 days ahead.
    so at the end of the day, its not really that much of an advantage as it sounds at first.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2019-11-20 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    What is it with you opening bait thread after bait thread?
    He's the new Jaylock
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Warmode has been a success in my opinion in that it allows players (like me) to be on a server with friends who chose to go into a pvp realm even though I myself do not enjoy it. Now they can essentially be on a pvp realm and I pve yet still be able to give each other stuff such as gold and crafted items without hating the experience of being on a server type one doesn't care for.

World PvP is kind of dead again. Most of the players specially allies are on wm off.

No one at blizzcon that played the demo reported anything about the pvp talent tab?
    Funny how you apparently realize that, and yet still complain about the non-existent bonus for Ally. Horde might get smaller bonus, and yet, for them it's absolutely free. For Ally, the bonus is technically bigger, and yet it's only theoretical bonus, since being outnembered 100 to 1 no one in their right mind will use it anyway, especially at max level. Maaaybe for leveling, but that's it.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is zero hint it will change, why u assume it won't stay?
    from blizz pov it is a 'success', now ppl who want to pvp have to actually flag pvp, but don't expect much, with the comical insane ally vs horde difference growing larger and larger every patch, i expect next exp it will be rape from one side only
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    No, the horde will just have a free +10% bonus the whole exspansion again, while the alliance have a 0% bonus the whole exspansion yet again.
    Pro tip: move to an Alliance-favoured server with a high overall population. Then the Alliance do get a free 30% bonus!

Why they made it game-wide and not realm-wide is beyond me. Even with some sharding, on Alliance-favoured realms, there's not nearly enough Horde to justify having any bonus at all!