Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Im NOT comparing the games expenses or their genre. Simply on how they use microtransactions due to different business models.
    WoW already has a Subscription model, which is why, in my opinion, it doesn't need microtransactions on top of it.

Take Fortnite or any other current "live service" game and most of them have microtransactions but are either free to play or don't ask a subscription on top of it's asking price
    And the difference between those games and WoW is the volume of content WoW regularly recieves. But I'm gonna stop repeating myself to the guy who thinks comparing pricing models of different games is somehow disconnected from discussing the expenses required to keep those games alive or provide them with regular updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Selmara View Post
    If you don’t want to pay for them, don’t. It doesn’t change your play experience in any way.

There are always going to be exclusive sets and items. Some will come from Raid content or reputation gated and some will come from the store. I see no problem with this.
    Shut up. Really. Thats ALL you get for this. Cosmetics are content. Cosmetics affect your playing experience. Every other opinion is factually wrong and that behavior... that STUPID attitude is exactly the reason why gaming is as shit and microtransaction infested as it is.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I actually didn't know FF14 required a sub, that's one MMO I haven't played. ESO, GW2 and EQ are the MMOs I play other than WoW, those are F2P. Def good to know though, there is precedent so Blizzard might not care that much.
    I used to play Everquest, both 1 and 2, long before i played WoW. The item shop in EQ2 was pretty prominent even when the game was a sub2play game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    And the difference between those games and WoW is the volume of content WoW regularly recieves. But I'm gonna stop repeating myself to the guy who thinks comparing pricing models of different games is somehow disconnected from discussing the expenses required to keep those games alive or provide them with regular updates.
    Welp, ok. Guess you never heard of Fortnite or Destiny 2
    At least we agree on stop discussing with each other
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The only difference is that in BfA they started adding promotional mounts to the shop. Toxic trolls are misconstruing this into the cash shop being expanded more than usual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Glams are love, glams are life xD
    Oh yes, I could talk about Glams ALL day.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    Honestly wouldn't mind. If it's just cosmetics, who cares. Even allied races, still wouldn't care. Long as they aren't selling anything that ups your in-game power level it isn't a big deal.
    I agree for the most part. I've got my limits however. A lot of mobile games have some fun gameplay but all the really fun stuff is locked behind real-money purchases. What you can earn in-game is fairly lackluster.

So there's some limit with WoW. For example, if the in-game armor sets start looking really crappy and in-game rewards from rep and achievements become dull while the cash shop gets all the fun stuff I'd start to wonder what I'm paying $15/month for. $15/month to level up and buy things at the cash shop? That would definitely be my limit with WoW, maybe a little before that.

BFA has introduced a decent amount of varied items between cash shop and in-game rewards. I wasn't really liking most armor sets this xpack so a little disappointing to see the cool backpack transmog and traveler stuff locked behind money purchases. Would be nice if they at least offered something similar to earn in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    but but but i hear kids get bullied at school if they use the default fortnite skins!
    lol, true.

real mens can play a game withouyt buying 100% of all cosmetic

kids of fortnite not..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    did u miss the part that we are already paying for the game AND paying for a monthly sub ?
    its just the cerry on the sundae

and cosmetic help them to release *cough* contents *cough*

and no, i dont buy all cosmetic, maybe just 1 or 2 thing by year i found sexy to have :P

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Also in terms of mounts/armor looking better, sure in some cases, but when the barrier for entry is lower what are people going to be more impressed with, sparkle pony or a new Mythic only mount?
    I only care about looks. There have been quite a few "prestigious" high end raiding and PvP mounts I thought were hideous. The only one I was envious of at the time was Invincible. I'm moderately upset I missed out on Tyrael's Charger, but I couldn't justify the annual pass. I also have sparkle pony since clearly I have a thing for winged steeds. :P

Frankly, I pay virtually no attention to what it takes to get vanity items in game other than to assess what I'm going to have to farm later. I'm too jaded to be impressed by much in WoW anymore.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Considering that looking cool is half of the incentive to do anything in this game, it astonishes me that so many people are open to the idea of shop cosmetics. Not only because it makes you look like a bent over consumer ready to take it, but I couldn't imagine using anything you buy in the shop because it has no prestige to it nor does it feel like you've earned it.

Reminds me of someone in the guild being caught on the sparkle pony in Wrath. My god, the humiliation!
    Mighty one, never forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has a metric ton of "Everyone else but me is seduced by the store and tokens."

Use your heads. Don't buy stuff you don't need. Stop sticking your noses into everyone else's business. The very least accepted argument here is "You should believe what I believe because I say so."
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It's the perfect location to put more jokey/lighthearted/casual transmog sets. I would honestly prefer stuff like this to mounts if they have to have the store.

There's a clear lack of non-battle armor and not everyone wants to walk around looking like a tin can.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    These are just the beginning of many many more xmog sets.
    Let's hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    When it was originally datamined it was flagged as a shop mount, like every other shop mount.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Reins_of_the_Grove_Warden
    This is one of the drawbacks of datamining though. It's not rare that dataminers find information that is already considered outdated internally by Blizzard. In fact, Blizz has outright come out and said multiple times that something people were outraged about is already outdated. IIRC, they've even said at one point that internally they are often already a build or so ahead (in a sense) on many things when a PTR build gets pushed out. It's not like they announced it as a cash shop mount and people raged and they issued an apology and put it on Heroic/Mythic Arch. Don't forget, MoP and Legion both had these kinds of Ahead of the Curve mounts for the last tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    the filler that would have been in there originally.
    The problem is your obsession with the myth that all this content would've been there anyway. It wouldn't have been and it funds ongoing development.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh this ole' nutshell again that hasn't happened in the many years that have passed since people have made the same sort of claims,I always wonder if you'll be the one that's right

One thing cash shop naysayers should realize is that stuff put into a cash shop is generally made with money that is outside the budget for producing the game...

Saying silly things like "they should just let me earn that item in game" is a failure to understand that said item wouldn't have been made at all because it took time and money beyond the budget allocated for the game and was only made because it could be sold to recoup that investment and make a profit besides. Otherwise it would not be made at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    One thing cash shop naysayers should realize is that stuff put into a cash shop is generally made with money that is outside the budget for producing the game...

Saying silly things like "they should just let me earn that item in game" is a failure to understand that said item wouldn't have been made at all because it took time and money beyond the budget allocated for the game and was only made because it could be sold to recoup that investment and make a profit besides. Otherwise it would not be made at all.
    This is very true. Is it technically possible that some of these mounts could have found their way into the game if the shop didn't exist? Sure, it's possible. But like you said, these mounts were made expressly for the purpose that they would be an additional sale. The realistic option is it's either made as a extra purchase, or it never exists.

Don't get me wrong, I get the desire that if you purchased a game/pay a sub for a game, there is an innate desire to have the ability to access all content ever made for the game. A lot of gamers grew up in a gaming world where post launch content wasn't really a thing. Some games had Expansion packs that you had to go out to the store and pick up, but that was pretty much it. You'd buy a game, and have access to 100% of the content, no questions asked. The times have changed, and while you don't have to like it, people are going to have to eventually accept it. Fewer and fewer companies exist that release MTX for their game, and even fewer exist that release absolutely no paid content at all post launch.

Honestly wouldn't mind. If it's just cosmetics, who cares. Even allied races, still wouldn't care. Long as they aren't selling anything that ups your in-game power level it isn't a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Pre-order bonuses are not new in WoW. RAF-exclusive rewards are not new in WoW. You're going nuts over nothing.

I would definitely care if they sold allied races, as that I consider to be content (plus they can have racials that impact PvP and the like, not that I pick them up for the racials)
    Quote Originally Posted by Selmara View Post
    If you don’t want to pay for them, don’t. It doesn’t change your play experience in any way.

There are always going to be exclusive sets and items. Some will come from Raid content or reputation gated and some will come from the store. I see no problem with this.
    Interesting how we get blander and blander and less and less sets in the game while innnnnnterestingly the shop (indirectly, for now, but you can kinda see the sneaky sneaking here) gets great looking sets.
    So are you sure xmogs are not tied to content and to your in game experience in any way? I mean many people have expressed how they don't want to farm raids because sets are bland and not unique to classes...
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-11-21 at 12:23 AM.

i sort of think thats what op is trying to say,thats where we will end up and i agree,blizz could stop the sub fee and sell anything there like and make more money than ever.