Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i wouldn't call it goty if pretty much all my friends are already back on retail or came back for classic and are playing retail after 10year+ breaks

the hype was huge for sure and i enjoyed lvling in old world again but everything else is mediocre or simply bad

i didn't even bother to play other nominated games tho (and im only interested in Borderlands once it's get properly released on pc)

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I like classic but it’s no where close to game of the year and I wouldn’t trust any website/community that says it is.
    https://twitter.com/GoldenJoysticks/...978050/photo/1

A lot of people are having the proper response.

Man, there is A LOT of coping going on here, like, Goddamn.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I’m missing something, I don’t get it. Am I suppose to read the twitter comments or is it that they seem to be linking sponsors who I would assume bought the spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    RDR2 is still so full of bugs, it's unplayable.
    Oh dear.......Does anyone actually believe this sort of garbage?

Classic is good, but game awards are trash.

I don’t hate on Classic. People are free to enjoy what they want. I couldn’t care less. I had a blast leveling to 60 again with a few friends but I am done with it.

But game of the year? Hell no! What a punch in the face to those who developed completely NEW games that are very good too. Sure it’s an arbitrary and subjective award that doesn’t mean anything. But it’s like giving the Nobel prize to someone who rediscovered penicillin.
    Last edited by babyback; 2019-11-20 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    i know right? its such a damning statement on the quality of game design, obsession with games as a service, microtransactions, and cynical skinner box design elements in all the AAA titles nowadays.
    This is actually the biggest take away.
    I have no idea what this award even is, but the fact that people think of it so highly is a testament to that.
    Sadly, its not something you can build on the future with.

If a game launched in Classic WoW's state today it would be a studio destroyer.

A LOT of the praise is due to nostalgia, but there are positives to be learned for sure.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/Golden-Jo...-2019-winners/

In a year where the The Division 2, Anthem, Destiny 2, Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC was released, nothing has quite mattered as much as the release of WoW Classic.
    None of the others you mentioned are PC exclusive.

Lol at all the people getting angry over Classic as usual. I haven't played many new games this year so I have no idea who else to give it to, but at this point I just really appreciate a game that doesn't overwhelm me with a cash shop and microtransactions which seems to be the norm for most games these days. Classic has stayed the most pure out of most new games.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    None of the others you mentioned are PC exclusive.
    Does exclusivity matter? Gears 5 won Xbox GOTY, and that's also on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Does exclusivity matter? Gears 5 won Xbox GOTY, and that's also on PC.
    It doesn’t. Overwatch won PC game of the year a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Sorry any website that refuses access because I block their shitty cookies/ads can't be taken seriously.
    God forbid a free website find some way to pay for it's costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It doesn’t. Overwatch won PC game of the year a few years ago.
    Ah, my bad then.

Any idea how they got their nominees? Doesn't seem like there was much competition for WoW here at all.

1.) Age of Wonder Planetfall
    2.) Anno 1800
    3.) Dicey Dungeons
    4.) F1 2019
    5.) Heaven's Vault
    6.) Slay The Spire
    7.) Sunless Skies
    8.) Teamfight Tactics
    9.) Total War 3 Kingdoms
    10.) World of Warcraft - Classic

From Best Audio to the Ultimate Game of the Year itself, millions of votes were cast in The Golden Joysticks Awards online voting, as people worldwide showed some love to their favourite titles of the last 12 months
    This is a popular vote from millions of people, not based on reviews by game critics or on certain criteria/standards. These kind of awards are to show what games the average consumers likes and apparently a lot of people like Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    God forbid a free website find some way to pay for it's costs.
    It's not a free website if they're charging someone for content or user data. Duh.

Honestly, even if you enjoy Classic you should be rolling your eyes at the notion that a 15 year old game is the 2019 Game of the Year. Just stupid.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    lulz.
    /chars
    I saw this post and knew immediately the first reply would be some retail slave who, apparently, does nothing other than troll the classic forums and shit on the game.

Sure enough, there it is. A reply within one minute of the post.

It's actually really pathetic and sad and I don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The only game that isn't better than Classic is Anthem. Every other game mentioned destroy Classic. This just proves that people have no fucking proper taste in video games anymore. Classic absolutely does not deserve that reward.
    clearly you dont understand that when a game wins an award its actually NOT crappy.

the fact that YOU, which is ONE person doesn't like it means you are in the MINORITY and that YOU don't understand what good taste in games is anymore. Even if you had at all.

Sounds to me like you're beefed up on getting shit handed to you like a little milennial...ive played every wow xpac since the end of vanilla all the way through BFA and you know what, there's a VERY good reason why the current games declining....it's because people don't have to work for shit, it has no value and they burn through content that much easier....

when you conquer something quickly it doesnt have any meaning...it has no value if there is no challenge....classic has challenge and value because it makes you WORK for your shit....now go sit down in the corner with all your participation awards and relax little boy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Honestly, even if you enjoy Classic you should be rolling your eyes at the notion that a 15 year old game is the 2019 Game of the Year. Just stupid.
    no, we really shouldn't...you should be rolling your eyes and then open them and look at how fucking stupid you are for realizing that older games are better and then actually ask yourself, well gee i wonder why that is.....

but again people like you who love shit being handed to them hate when you have to actually earn something.
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!