Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warcraft’s lore ran its course at the end of Lich King. We’ve all just been accessorizing our internet dolls since then.

Can i have the option to burn Bastion to the ground?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I just want them to adress the situation of the orcs and taurens ancestors, thanks to shamans we know for a fact that they commune with them, heck, we even see cairne in his ordinary tauren form in the heritage quest.
    They dont have to explain it in detail, it would be enough if they say most taurens and orcs go to their own pocket dimension in the shadowlands and only a few of them go to one of the 5 we know.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Can i have the option to burn Bastion to the ground?
    Not anymore than I had the option to burn Grommash Hold to the ground when Sylvanas was holed up in there.

Well by that logic everything reincarnation like is also hell.

Also: When you "loose" all your memories why does it matter what form you take? If you go to Bastion in the first place you have a strong will for service. What do you do in service? You change what you are according to what you have to do. I think souls who go there don't mind the change and won't remember it afterwards anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    I just want them to adress the situation of the orcs and taurens ancestors, thanks to shamans we know for a fact that they commune with them, heck, we even see cairne in his ordinary tauren form in the heritage quest.
    They dont have to explain it in detail, it would be enough if they say most taurens and orcs go to their own pocket dimension in the shadowlands and only a few of them go to one of the 5 we know.
    They did that. The 5 zones we visit are just a few of an infinite amount of places in the shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Well by that logic everything reincarnation like is also hell.

Also: When you "loose" all your memories why does it matter what form you take? If you go to Bastion in the first place you have a strong will for service. What do you do in service? You change what you are according to what you have to do. I think souls who go there don't mind the change and won't remember it afterwards anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

They did that. The 5 zones we visit are just a few of an infinite amount of places in the shadowlands
    Saying there are many zones inside the Shadowlands is not the same as to adress the taurens and orcs situation. Because their afterlife has been an integral part of wow story.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    Saying there are many zones inside the Shadowlands is not the same as to adress the taurens and orcs situation. Because their afterlife has been an integral part of wow story.
    There are so many integral parts of the afterlife in wow. You can't and i don't think you should go into everything.
    Also i don't think it was that integral. Would the tauren part be interesting? Maybe. Needed? We don't know because we don't know where they are going exactly with the story. It is still a game. You cannot explain everything all the time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Wait... if the Shadowlands are infinite, does that mean it could have multiple 'layers' like the Abyss in D&D? Except it's for dead people not demons
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the actual fuck.

And I'm supposed to be against Sylvanas, the Jailor and the Forsworn (who are the ones who refuse to let go of who they were), but help these fools.

Why?

Blizzard what the.... whatever happened with ''I am my scars''?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    What the actual fuck.

And I'm supposed to be against Sylvanas, the Jailor and the Forsworn (who are the ones who refuse to let go of who they were), but help these fools.

Why?

Those guys want to let go of their scars.

And, honestly, how did you think reincarnation worked ?

15+ Year Old Account
    God forbid they actually design something that isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    It's the hypocrisy that stands out. Blizzard has no self awareness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Again if you read the OP, that's not my problem. The problem is having no choice except to go along with it and Blizzard being seemingly ignorant as to how they themselves are portraying it.

Bastion being dystopian sounds pretty intriguing for an otherwise bland faction.

It's the hypocrisy that stands out. Blizzard has no self awareness.
    There's no hypocrisy. Illidan wouldn't go to Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Again if you read the OP, that's not my problem. The problem is having no choice except to go along with it and Blizzard being seemingly ignorant as to how they themselves are portraying it.

Bastion being dystopian sounds pretty intriguing for an otherwise bland faction.
    The problem with that is that you made the "no choice" part up. If you weren't okay with it, you wouldn't get sent to Bastion in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    In some ways, the Bastion is not unlike the Alliance/Horde. There is a joy in working towards a collective goal, and being able to put aside the things that draw us apart and make us... separate. Why do we fear the loss of our individuality so much? Man can dream, but the Kyrians can accomplish.
    But what will the Kirian accomplish? Something that none of them dreamed of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The problem with that is that you made the "no choice" part up. If you weren't okay with it, you wouldn't get sent to Bastion in the first place.
    Wait.... what? You mean the PC? or the spirits that actually get there?

If its spirits, as far as i know, they don't select where they go, they are just sent by the Arbyter

If its the PC, we don't know how we got there, i assume that we start our adventure at the Hub city

All of the afterlives we see are different variations of hell. None of them are appealing in the slightest.

I can see why Sylvanas wants to destroy the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Its not though, mythical creatures and magic is mere imagination, literally childs play, the afterlife is beyond mortal conception, or it should be.
    I'm sorry but this is just nonsense. Anything that is not real is by definition beyond our understanding. You can't understand how something works if it doesn't exist. You can theorise about how it might work - which is exactly what is happening with 'the afterlife'. You said it yourself its imagination.

What the actual fuck.

Why?

It is horse shit. Illidan rejected The Light to preach individuality, and we turn around and the Shadowlands' most touted about place is counterintuitive of that philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's no hypocrisy. Illidan wouldn't go to Bastion.
    Yeah he would first go to revendreth, to get his arrogance beaten out of him and after that most likely to bastion, because almost all his life he dedicated everything to the destruction of the legion, he saw it as his duty and stuck to it no matter the cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    A reasonable argument? In my human potential whine thread? Away with you demon, you will not quench my outrage!

On a side note I hope they become playable, their proportions would mean armor would look great on them.
    That's my curse, I suppose. I try to see things from all available sides and make my judgments according to precedent and experience. I'm thinking all the new races in Shadowlands are probably fodder for the Allied Race engine, as it were. Of course they'll have to spin some kind of narrative to explain how they can exist outside the Shadowlands, as I'm sure we're not going to stay there permanently - but that's easily done through a variety of means.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead