Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Isn't Thanos a literal god with the infinity gauntlet? He would just snap his finger and vaporize Darkseid's entire planet.
    If Thanos has The Infinity Gauntlet, Darkseid has The Anti-Life Equation to cancel that out. The Infinity Gauntlet isn't exclusive to Thanos.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is another of those "depends on which universe they're fighting in" questions. I guess if it's in Marvel's universe with their laws, then Thanos with inifinity gauntlet wins, but if they fight in DC universe where Darkseid exists outside of reality, then Darkseid wins.

The answer is: whomever the writer wants to win. Hell, the writer can even make Batman destroy both of them if they wanted.
    Very true, but without those God-like doohickeys, in a straight up fight, no gauntlet, no equation, Darkseid most definitely beats Thanos' ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Point of order, in ANY versus battle, it's always the writer that determines who wins. Howard The Duck can beat Darkseid and/or Thanos if the writer decides it.
    Only in instances where Gauntlet/Equation are involved, but 9/10 times, any comic book writer that knows their history would have Darkseid win in a straight fight.

yeah...Squirrel Girl beats them all..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate to do this but they are literally the same character, the only reason neither has sued the other is because they both pretty much agreed its the same character and have mostly just ignored it. They aren't the only ones DC and Marvel at one point had some of the same writers and artist. hell Image Comics wouldn't have existed at all without this phenomenon.

Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-11-20 at 10:39 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Hate to do this but they are literally the same character, the only reason neither has sued the other is because they both pretty much agreed its the same character and have mostly just ignored it. They aren't the only ones DC and Marvel at one point had some of the same writers and artist. hell Image Comics wouldn't have existed at all without this phenomenon.
    Darkseid was created before Thanos. Marvel, and Stan Lee pissed off Jack Kirby who took his 4th World universe concept to DC. Marvel straight up admitted to copying Darkseid's concept. Originally, they were going to copy Metron, but an editor said "if you're going to copy anyone, copy the big guy (Darkseid.)" That's why Thanos chills in a chair sometimes, purely aesthetically though, like Metron, whose chair actually serves a purpose to the character. Thanos is a straight up simile. That's why most artists who respect the source material would have Darkseid beat Thanos. It's Marvel's fault Darkseid isn't a Marvel creation and they had to come up with their own cheap purple knock off.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2019-11-20 at 10:43 PM.

Darkseid is broken as hell and the infinity gauntlet wouldn't work on him.

However, I find Darkseid lame. I mean, I'm no super fan of Thanos either, but blegh.

Actually, they're both lame.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Ya beat me too it.

Seems like op didn’t watch the Deathbattle. And Wiz even (also the comics) said that if Darkseid’s true form ever emerged in another universe, his mere form would just erase it.

Isn't Thanos a literal god with the infinity gauntlet? He would just snap his finger and vaporize Darkseid's entire planet.
    Darkseid is a god.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

Only in instances where Gauntlet/Equation are involved, but 9/10 times, any comic book writer that knows their history would have Darkseid win in a straight fight.
    Unless the story needs for Thanos to win. It's always up to the writer.

Again, Howard the Duck can beat either of them if the writer says so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkseid was created before Thanos. Marvel, and Stan Lee pissed off Jack Kirby who took his 4th World universe concept to DC. Marvel straight up admitted to copying Darkseid's concept. Originally, they were going to copy Metron, but an editor said "if you're going to copy anyone, copy the big guy (Darkseid.)" That's why Thanos chills in a chair sometimes, purely aesthetically though, like Metron, whose chair actually serves a purpose to the character. Thanos is a straight up simile. That's why most artists who respect the source material would have Darkseid beat Thanos. It's Marvel's fault Darkseid isn't a Marvel creation and they had to come up with their own cheap purple knock off.
    Hahaha I actually didn't know those details, I was aware there was a history, but I didn't know the details like that, so thanks

I honestly thought it was weird when I read this a while back, I also see the Humor, where my mind was really blown was how often others charecters have been copied from different books.

I just find it interesting, especially considering for a long time I read comic books growing up, but it's funny the way they all seem to poke fun at each other now.

Unless the story needs for Thanos to win. It's always up to the writer.

Again, Howard the Duck can beat either of them if the writer says so.
    It would be a stupid story. That's how you get stories of shit tier quality. Suspension of disbelief can only go so far. Howard the Duck beating either would need some Faulkner level of story-telling to be justifiable. Darkseid beating Thanos is expected of the comic book fan base that cares purely based on their knowledge of both characters. To anyone else (the uninformed), it's a popularity contest.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha I actually didn't know those details, I was aware there was a history, but I didn't know the details like that, so thanks

I honestly thought it was weird when I read this a while back, I also see the Humor, where my mind was really blown was how often others charecters have been copied from different books.

I just find it interesting, especially considering for a long time I read comic books growing up, but it's funny the way they all seem to poke fun at each other now.
    I'm not hating on Marvel, but it's pretty well known the only original characters Marvel ever created are The X-Men and Spider-man. Everything else is a cheap knock off of either DC or Fawcett Comics. X-Men and Spider-man are by far their most original, and only great creations. Without them, they'd be dead in the water. They're just better at making movies.

Darkseid lost by default, since the DCEU already lost as a whole :P.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It would be a stupid story. That's how you get stories of shit tier quality. Suspension of disbelief can only go so far. Howard the Duck beating either would need some Faulkner level of story-telling to be justifiable. Darkseid beating Thanos is expected of the comic book fan base that cares purely based on their knowledge of both characters. To anyone else (the uninformed), it's a popularity contest.
    Not necessarily. Batman beat Darkseid with a Radion Bullet. As powerful as Darkseid is...he still has the same kind of critical vulnerability that Superman does. And it's always the writer that determines how effective exploiting that weakness can be.

I've always found Thanos better written in the comics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Better written =/= better powered.

Ultimately Darkseid's power level is beyond average Universe ending threats. That said, whoever wins is simply the writer's favorite.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Not necessarily. Batman beat Darkseid with a Radion Bullet. As powerful as Darkseid is...he still has the same kind of critical vulnerability that Superman does. And it's always the writer that determines how effective exploiting that weakness can be.
    Yes, but characters like Batman is the exception to the rule. Given his mass appeal, legacy, and role, you expect Batman, if any hero to be able to beat evil incarnate; he's the world's most popular superhero. Howard the Duck, is not. There are variables to consider. In a fight between two villains where one is a cheap knock off, the writer would go with the best of the two. Batman vs. Darkseid is completely different than Thanos vs. Darkseid, or Howard the Duck vs. Darkseid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Comic book sale comparisons would suggest otherwise.

Yeah..I'm not looking at power level.
    I mean Marvel comics went bugfuck crazy after the 90s and made it all about how powerful...how much universal threats were..and it was all shitty writing. (They even increased Cap America's strength level before Marvel got an enema and started with regular shit writing later on)
    But they did have their moments when the writing was amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Comic book sale comparisons would suggest otherwise.
    And taste doesn't mean much today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not hating on Marvel, but it's pretty well known the only original characters Marvel ever created are The X-Men and Spider-man. Everything else is a cheap knock off of either DC or Fawcett Comics. X-Men and Spider-man are by far their most original, and only great creations. Without them, they'd be dead in the water. They're just better at making movies.
    Not dedicated to DC or Marvel, but everything you said from I have read is believable, never heard of Fawcet Comics, although Jack Kirby saying if your going to copy, copy better lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Thanos with full infinity gauntlet and empowered by death

Darkseid at full strength and with Omega Beams
    You mean the cosmic entity darkseid which when he came out of 4th dimension it destroyed the universe and all of its life just because of his presence? as thats darkseids full power.... every other time it has being darkseid avatar which he sends across cosmos.

Not dedicated to DC or Marvel, but everything you said from I have read is believable, never heard of Fawcet Comics, although Jack Kirby saying if your going to copy, copy better lol
    *shrugs*
    I'd like to see the characters that were copied to make Captain America, the Human Torch, and the Sub-Mariner.

Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet is already more powerful than Death.

Infinite gauntlet only works inside its home universe meaning darkseid could easily bait thanos to face him inside his own universe using his avatars(btw Thanos doesn't know about this) as and mere presence of darkseid true form destroyed reality when he entered it once.