Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Sure, he was mentioned. But its a passing thing with no real character development or growth other than being Lukes father was "He was good, then he went bad". Vader was one of the most popular and iconic characters in any media for decades before the prequels.
    Fair enough. They were different enough concepts, and OG Anakin wasn't entirely fleshed out yet. I don't wanna take this any further and assume the intentions of the person you were responding to.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well, first off, Arthas is Warcraft's Anakin.

Second, as far as young male characters, there's already Anduin and Wrathion.

Third, if we got a time skip, we could have Moira's son, Thrall's son(s?), and Vereesa's sons as young male characters? There's also Arator, but they don't use him much.
    I think he wants to see another well done fallen hero storyline of a young hero becoming into everyones nightmare. Maybe Yrel can fill those shoes if she gets proper development
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I think he wants to see another well done fallen hero storyline of a young hero becoming into everyones nightmare. Maybe Yrel can fill those shoes if she gets proper development
    Yeah but she's not a young man, so maybe Wrathion? I mean, we already have signs of his corruption in 8.3. I don't see Blizzard turnin their Golden boy into Arthas 2.0 Too many parallels have already been drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah but she's not a young man, so maybe Wrathion? I mean, we already have signs of his corruption in 8.3. I don't see Blizzard turnin their Golden boy into Arthas 2.0 Too many parallels have already been drawn.
    Golden boy seems to be the Me'dan of out timeline or else his fate is being killed in the near future for shock value is close. Besides young males in this game are rare and we are still dealing with the old fosils from wc1 and wc2.

Also I want to see another alliance leader falling into darkness and Yrel is still the best chance with Tyrande and Genn
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    this type: young assertive, manly, good fighter, true "morally gray"
    Care to share just ONE Alliance character that is "morally gray"? It would seem to be that "morally gray" in Blizzard's eyes is "really an evil person but might do some good along the way too" and that always refers to the Horde side.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'm convinced OP has a shrine to Anduin in his closet. It's like watching Helga from Hey Arnold obsessively insult and bully Arnold, but behind closed doors she's stalking and worshipping him.

Every single post or thread from this OP is an excuse to bash Anduin.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i cant wait until Moira's son becomes an angry teenage ball of mayhem! soon
    ^You reminded me of a teenaged dwarf named Atilla from the Summoners book series....a badass tattooed dwarf with a axe waiting for anyone who gets in the way of his people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    ^You reminded me of a teenaged dwarf named Atilla from the Summoners book series....a badass tattooed dwarf with a axe waiting for anyone who gets in the way of his people.
    sounds interesting. i'll have to check this series out

Someone like Othmar Garithos jr., the Scarlet Crusader, Scourge of the Elves?

I could get behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Anduin is a beta soyboy. He represents all those men who get vasectomy only to be dumped by their wives in the next five years 'because of 'unrelated reasons'. At least this is the closest comparison I can think of.

I get people who say that they are tired of human potential but also understand that humans are the easiest inserts for players. It would be nice to let's say get some Scarlet Crusade squire/initiate and witness his development in the next expansions. Just not 'I see errors of my way' type who turns into a wet noodle but one that becomes even more extreme in his methods. Someone who won't become a boss fight or quest encounter but a respected, even if somewhat shunned part of faction's character cast.
    I mean if we're looking for "young character with a dark background but grows into more of a hero" that's what Wrathion is at least trying to do. Last I heard he survives the boss battle so we might be seeing more of him. He's got a pretty terrible track record on his "save the world" schemes but dangit I can't fault him for it, he's only like 7 years old.

(IN. DRAGON. YEARS.)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-21 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Care to share just ONE Alliance character that is "morally gray"? It would seem to be that "morally gray" in Blizzard's eyes is "really an evil person but might do some good along the way too" and that always refers to the Horde side.
    can't help it that they make horde characters primary storyline villains out of nowhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    can't help it that they make horde characters primary storyline villains out of nowhere.
    Exactly the reason for my reply. Blizzard has said more than once how everyone's "morally gray" yet every decision the Alliance makes is the "righteous" one while the Horde characters are the ones that step into the "morally gray" area and/or turn into villains. The only Alliance characters that have went villain have been done outside of WoW. Hell Jaina committed genocide and had her redemption arc. Illidan was redeemed. Every single "evil" character that the Alliance has had turn "bad" in the past 15 years has had a redemption arc yet Horde gets killed for being "bad" or "morally gray" as Blizzard likes to put it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why Human? why can't we have a powerful elven mage (they are supposed to be the best mages of the world, but all the powerful wizards are humans... WHY?!), or at least make them a Worgen to have something a little different

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    At this point I'm convinced OP has a shrine to Anduin in his closet. It's like watching Helga from Hey Arnold obsessively insult and bully Arnold, but behind closed doors she's stalking and worshipping him.

Every single post or thread from this OP is an excuse to bash Anduin.
    I don’t normally see a Hey Arnold! reference in my everyday life, but when I do, it makes me very happy.

OT : one of the two factions is literally being lead by one.

The only other one is Med'an, a young crossbreed with the potential to become amazing but it seems he's put on hold so hopefully he comes back.

Right now, Anduin is the only one that fits the bill. He's young, strong, interesting, and is an alpha male.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Exactly the reason for my reply. Blizzard has said more than once how everyone's "morally gray" yet every decision the Alliance makes is the "righteous" one while the Horde characters are the ones that step into the "morally gray" area and/or turn into villains. The only Alliance characters that have went villain have been done outside of WoW. Hell Jaina committed genocide and had her redemption arc. Illidan was redeemed. Every single "evil" character that the Alliance has had turn "bad" in the past 15 years has had a redemption arc yet Horde gets killed for being "bad" or "morally gray" as Blizzard likes to put it.
    Jaina is the only one that has turned "bad" and been given redemption, and she was only bad to the Horde.

Illidan has never been a part of the Alliance in any way.

Fandral went evil and died in the Firelands without redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean if we're looking for "young character with a dark background but grows into more of a hero" that's what Wrathion is at least trying to do. Last I heard he survives the boss battle so we might be seeing more of him. He's got a pretty terrible track record on his "save the world" schemes but dangit I can't fault him for it, he's only like 7 years old.

(IN. DRAGON. YEARS.
    He is a dragon though with a human form sporting a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Who says Light is the good side?
    Yrel does, though she is quite zealous about it. If Anduin does the same and takes it a step further it could make for a good story.
    As an Alliance player, I think portraying the Alliance as the bad guys for once would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    No he cant. There's a comic of him grown up with Velen on his side going to fight the void. His future has already been determined.
    This is blizzard the king of retcons. You think they'll hesitate to deviate from that future if they want to do something else, even if it was intended at the time to be set in stone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    I have never heard the terms before, what do you mean? The rest of your post makes more sense.
    I didn't know either, but the power of google gave me the answer!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...ta%20soy%20boy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    He represents all those men who get vasectomy only to be dumped by their wives in the next five years 'because of 'unrelated reasons'. At least this is the closest comparison I can think of.
    That's quite specific

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Golden boy seems to be the Me'dan of out timeline or else his fate is being killed in the near future for shock value is close. Besides young males in this game are rare and we are still dealing with the old fosils from wc1 and wc2.

Also I want to see another alliance leader falling into darkness and Yrel is still the best chance with Tyrande and Genn
    MEDAN DOES NOT EXIST!

FUCK OFF WITH THAT ATROCITY!

Ok ok... i'm ok now

Can we not mention that.... error .....ever again?