Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The success of both games is in the best interest of somebody who plays WoW. Pitting one version of the game against the other isn't.
    Congratulations, you finally understand my original post.

If somebody was using a term like "Classicer," then yeah. I'd object to that, too.
    Or you're being ridiculously sensitive and putting words in my mouth.

And that's exactly the issue. You have no interest in trying to help bring the community together, you just want to perpetuate the hostility between players of each group.
    I'm sure glad you can explain MY motivations and thoughts to me, instead of projecting.

Attacks? What attacks? I'm here trying to tell you to be more open-minded about this whole thing and you're so insecure that you want to label my attempt at reaching a more favorable middle ground as an attack? Your way of thinking is exactly the reason there's so much animosity on this forum.
    "your precious Classic", "painfully stupid", you raging at me for YOUR imagined version of what I wrote, "pointless, stupid elitism", and this latest quote with even more personal attacks. Oh yes, I don't know how I didn't see the olive branches you're extending.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2019-11-21 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "your precious Classic", "painfully stupid", you raging at me for YOUR imagined version of what I wrote, "pointless, stupid elitism", and this latest quote with even more personal attacks. Oh yes, I don't know how I didn't see the olive branches you're extending.
    I'm not imagining anything. Your original post was an incredibly weak rebuke of retail players from the perspective of somebody who likes Classic. Sometimes a spade is a spade. As long as people shit on retail players for simply existing there will continue to be animosity and frankly it's fucking irritating so I won't apologize for "misinterpreting" your post. Later dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    clearly you dont understand that when a game wins an award its actually NOT crappy.

the fact that YOU, which is ONE person doesn't like it means you are in the MINORITY and that YOU don't understand what good taste in games is anymore. Even if you had at all.

Sounds to me like you're beefed up on getting shit handed to you like a little milennial...ive played every wow xpac since the end of vanilla all the way through BFA and you know what, there's a VERY good reason why the current games declining....it's because people don't have to work for shit, it has no value and they burn through content that much easier....

when you conquer something quickly it doesnt have any meaning...it has no value if there is no challenge....classic has challenge and value because it makes you WORK for your shit....now go sit down in the corner with all your participation awards and relax little boy.

- - - Updated - - -

no, we really shouldn't...you should be rolling your eyes and then open them and look at how fucking stupid you are for realizing that older games are better and then actually ask yourself, well gee i wonder why that is.....

but again people like you who love shit being handed to them hate when you have to actually earn something.

Ok boomer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

I'm not imagining anything. Your original post was an incredibly weak rebuke of retail players from the perspective of somebody who likes Classic. Sometimes a spade is a spade. As long as people shit on retail players for simply existing there will continue to be animosity and frankly it's fucking irritating so I won't apologize for "misinterpreting" your post. Later dude.
    Let's see. Classic wins award. Thread fills with anti-classic posts ranting how it's not real, it's not deserved, classic is bad, it's going to fail, etc. I point out that wanting classic to fail hurts retail. And somehow, in your mind, I'm "shitting on retail players for simply existing". Fucking what?

Then, after all these personal attacks, you claim to be encouraging me to be open minded. When called on it, you rage more about something YOU decided I said and run. OK then, we agree on one thing, we're done here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Care to point me in the direction of single post where I complained about people liking Classic? I have no issue with people enjoying Classic. I do not like players who want this subforum to be an anti-criticism positivity echo chamber, however.
    That's EXACTLY what you want it to be, except for retail. You exist only to come into topics about retail and defend it to the death, and topics on classic to shit on it and anyone who enjoys it.

People need to stop taking you seriously and just look at your post history. All you do is come in to argue with people, you never offer anything of substance, no suggestions, nothing. Just contrarian bullshit time and time again.
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I think this is the only issue here - In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

I think its pretty clear to anyone without an agenda that on that list, wow classic is the only major release that would be known to most people voting. The rest are extremely niche genres and indie games - both of which i have no problem with.

NFS:Heat
    RE:2
    Apex Legends
    A Plague Tale
    The Division 2
    MK 11
    The Outer Worlds
    Devil may cry 5
    Untitled Goose Game
    Modern Warfare
    Star Wars Jedi : Fallen Order
    RDR 2

Does it not strike anyone as unusual that none of these games were eligible for the award?
    No one wants to reply?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The only game that isn't better than Classic is Anthem. Every other game mentioned destroy Classic. This just proves that people have no fucking proper taste in video games anymore. Classic absolutely does not deserve that reward.
    As someone who is not playing classic, surely you realize the silliness of what you're saying right? It more or less boils down to "I didn't like it, so no one else should!" and throwing a fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Studio of the year: Epic Games.

Enough said.

No one wants to reply?
    The reason is "we don't know"

People may say that none of them are PC exclusive, but its not about PC exclusivity (GTAV won a couple of years ago and F1 2019 isn't PC exclusive)
    The nomination choices were indeed really bad though, I don't even play classic and I'm pretty sure I would have voted for it if I was forced to make a choice.

All that being said however, this year has been particularly bad with regards to game releases, even taking the ones you mentioned into consideration. 2020 is looking to be a good year though with quite a few interesting games due to be out in the first few months.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-11-21 at 02:06 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Studio of the year: Epic Games.

Enough said.

The reason is "we don't know"

People may say that none of them are PC exclusive, but its not about PC exclusivity (GTAV won a couple of years ago and F1 2019 isn't PC exclusive)
    The nomination choices were indeed really bad though, I don't even play classic and I'm pretty sure I would have voted for it if I was forced to make a choice.

All that being said however, this year has been particularly bad with regards to game releases, even taking the ones you mentioned into consideration. 2020 is looking to be a good year though with quite a few interesting games due to be out in the first few months.
    Yeah, i dont disagree. My opinion is Plague was amazing, RE2 is the best game i have played this year (huge fan of the original, but felt this version had enough different to stand on its own). But overall, the quality AND quantity has been pretty poor this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Let's see. Classic wins award. Thread fills with anti-classic posts ranting how it's not real, it's not deserved, classic is bad, it's going to fail, etc. I point out that wanting classic to fail hurts retail. And somehow, in your mind, I'm "shitting on retail players for simply existing". Fucking what?

Then, after all these personal attacks, you claim to be encouraging me to be open minded. When called on it, you rage more about something YOU decided I said and run. OK then, we agree on one thing, we're done here.
    You know, for somebody who's accused me of being overly sensitive you sure seem to have a broad definition of personal attacks. My issue was, is and will continue to be players who refuse to approach this subject from a central viewpoint and instead propagate ridiculous terms like retailer to drive home support of Classic. My advice for you is the same as it is for this dude:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    That's EXACTLY what you want it to be, except for retail. You exist only to come into topics about retail and defend it to the death, and topics on classic to shit on it and anyone who enjoys it.

People need to stop taking you seriously and just look at your post history. All you do is come in to argue with people, you never offer anything of substance, no suggestions, nothing. Just contrarian bullshit time and time again.
    There's an ignore feature if you dislike the way I participate in discussions. :^)
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-11-21 at 02:42 AM.

You know, for somebody who's accused me of being overly sensitive you sure seem to have a broad definition of personal attacks. My issue was, is and will continue to be players who refuse to approach this subject from a central viewpoint and instead propagate ridiculous terms like retailer to drive home support of Classic. My advice for you is the same as it is for this dude:

- - - Updated - - -

There's an ignore feature if you dislike the way I participate in discussions. :^)
    You just proved my point. You're not here to have an actual discussion, you're just here to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    You just proved my point. You're not here to have an actual discussion, you're just here to troll.
    Accuse me of trolling if you'd like but I really don't see how you claiming I want the Classic subforum to be a pro-retail echo chamber (?) has much to do with the topic at-hand. I don't want a pro-retail echo chamber, I'd just prefer a slightly less anti-retail echo chamber. A man can dream, can't he?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Not hating here just giving some info: 75-90% of the people I know who started classic hardcore have quit and unsubbed. They play the game for a variety of reasons - but I mean lets be honest... most people are just going to try it and either come back to the original game - or only play when new content releases.

Lastly, besides asmon and maybe a few other god tier servers like herod for instance.. have legit been SUPER dead over the last month - I know Because I log in them and do /who and watch trade etc. Compared to Retail - classica died off faster than the GREAT dip in Cata that lost more players in a single quarter than ANY other mmo in history even HAS subs.

We all play the game.. but this splitting the community between retail and classic will be a war that’s going to leave classic (besides the first few weeks of classic launch?) in a pretty damn bad spot after a few years (considering retails been out over 15 and has significant advantage) - either keep to yourself about your version of wow you enjoy: or get ready to be absolutely fucking destroyed in every way by the original.

I think this is the only issue here - In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

I think its pretty clear to anyone without an agenda that on that list, wow classic is the only major release that would be known to most people voting. The rest are extremely niche genres and indie games - both of which i have no problem with.

NFS:Heat
    RE:2
    Apex Legends
    A Plague Tale
    The Division 2
    MK 11
    The Outer Worlds
    Devil may cry 5
    Untitled Goose Game
    Modern Warfare
    Star Wars Jedi : Fallen Order
    RDR 2

Does it not strike anyone as unusual that none of these games were eligible for the award?
    Exactly. I didn't watch the entire awards show, but if I had to guess, a game is only allowed to be in the running for 1 award, and all those other major releases were voted on elsewhere. They probably reserve PC for more niche games that don't typically make it into other categories

Classic exists because of retail. You do realize that, right? If people hadn't continued to play retail there wouldn't be any WoW development, much less your precious Classic. This argument is painfully stupid.

Also, fuck the term "retailer." I'm not a secondhand citizen because I enjoy one version of a fucking video game over another.
    classic is there because of the demand. People demanded it for years again and again. Kept playing it server after server.
    Blizz might have used retail money for classic. Let's say it 1k. The return blizz got for retail is over 83490284324923k.

everything, is already there for classic. They don't even need server restarts to enable stuff. Switch on and off. Success of classic is undeniable. And you(we) people who enjoy retail version of the game, should be fucking grateful for the money classic generates and puts into the development of retail.

those sweet sub money is going for retail. not for classic. If anything, instead of bashing classic, you better pray for its success and maybe even participate in classic to help the community alive so that you still get money for retail development.

As it stands, retail is losing subs left and right. My guild completely stopped raiding. Most of them are not even returning for the next patch. I am wondering wtf to do. THis is the 4th time I am experiencing it. First was in frostmourne, now on barthilas. I love retail. I love the story of wow and everything about it. But as it stands classic was the much needed help to save wow from its terrible decline. I want to see shadowlands, I want to see what is ahead of us. and trust me, you don't want to play an mmorpg with 4 man AI in your party. If blizzard cannot fix its shit till classic dies eventually that is what you will get.

so your argument classic is there because of retail is ridiculously stupid. Suck it up and be grateful.
    Thanks to classic I can enjoy a healthier development for shadowlands.
    thanks to ez money from classic, we now have a better longevity for retail.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    That's kind of my point. It went against games that were PC exclusives, which in 2019 was a bunch of niche games. A lot of people will see "PC Game of the year" and assume that means best game available on PC, not best PC exclusive. I feel people that act like this was a pinnacle achievement for classic aren't aware of this fact.
    The award has nothing to do with PC exclusivity. If you see the nominees there are several games that aren’t exclusive to PC. Overwatch also won the same award a few years ago.

It is however a community driven award. Ergo, biggest community usually wins.

Everybody tells the story of dead servers in this forum. What server do you guys play on?! My server is full of people and very healthy. There is not one farmspot that is not occupied by at least three other people. It's so full farming outside of dungeons is a pain. And it's a language specific server so I guess the english servers are even more full.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/Golden-Jo...-2019-winners/

In a year where the The Division 2, Anthem, Destiny 2, Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC was released, nothing has quite mattered as much as the release of WoW Classic.

The engagement of players; the message it sends to Blizzard re: design paradigms; the streaming community uptake; the renewed friendships AND new ones; the nostalgia -- it couldn't be beat.
    Played all the games you mentioned and I have certainly spent the most time in WoW Classic this year, so it is my game of the year as well.

It won PC game of the year, could this mean, PC only game of the year?

TD2: No longevity, extremely stale when you are max level, will probably have good end game in a year or so like the first game. Don't get me wrong, you'll get your moneys worth from the game.
    Anthem: Don't have to say anything here.
    Destiny 2: The game lacks soul. It is a good FPS though. It also wasn't released in 2019.
    Outer Worlds: Great game, step in the right direction. Quite short and linear, although different choices can make it not feel linear.
    Borderlands 3: Most cringe game this year.
    RDR2: While it runs fine for me, too many people having issues on PC. It's a great game, but came out too late for these awards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Everybody tells the story of dead servers in this forum. What server do you guys play on?! My server is full of people and very healthy. There is not one farmspot that is not occupied by at least three other people. It's so full farming outside of dungeons is a pain. And it's a language specific server so I guess the english servers are even more full.
    I play on a PVE server , and have the occasional queue from time to time since layering was removed.

There are low populated servers, they are the minority however. Vast majority are high/full.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-21 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The only game that isn't better than Classic is Anthem. Every other game mentioned destroy Classic. This just proves that people have no fucking proper taste in video games anymore. Classic absolutely does not deserve that reward.
    OMG opinions who would dare..... Lol
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty yawnworthy year if that the case.