View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Yeah. But checking up on his Legion and Heroes of the Storm models both of them have blue eyes. Prior to that Malfurion was always depicted with gold eyes, they're litereally a significant lore point for his character.

One more example of Blizzard randomly deciding to change a character's long-established appearance for no reason.
    Heroes of the Storm isn't completely descriptive of the time when the character enters the Nexus so they more free reign to make them whatever they want.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I finished downloading the update for night elves, but here’s a question. When the full version comes out, will those of us who downloaded the beta have to download the full version of the game all over again?

Yeah. But checking up on his Legion and Heroes of the Storm models both of them have blue eyes. Prior to that Malfurion was always depicted with gold eyes, they're litereally a significant lore point for his character.

One more example of Blizzard randomly deciding to change a character's long-established appearance for no reason.
    I am sure the reason was that in has broader meaning in War of the Ancients. Illidan had golden eyes because he had great destiny. Malfurion did not and thus there was a tension.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Heroes of the Storm isn't completely descriptive of the time when the character enters the Nexus so they more free reign to make them whatever they want.
    They are pretty much trying to make an essence of that hero. I always perceive HotS designs as the main ones, as they are made specifically made for that one hero. Alas, even though I follow this rule for all models, I hate Maiev design.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I am sure the reason was that in has broader meaning in War of the Ancients. Illidan had golden eyes because he had great destiny. Malfurion did not and thus there was a tension.

- - - Updated - - -

They are pretty much trying to make an essence of that hero. I always perceive HotS designs as the main ones, as they are made specifically made for that one hero. Alas, even though I follow this rule for all models, I hate Maiev design.
    According to lore, both Malf AND Illidan were born with gold eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    As far as I remember, Malf was not born with golden eyes but aquired them later. In fact, I'm actually certain that was the case at some point in time. They might've changed the lore due to a mistake at some point though, because Blizzard really doesn't give a fuck and their "lore" is as unstable as a house of cards.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-11-21 at 06:00 PM.

Really? I must read it again.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Maiev was the first model that made me take pause in regarding Heroes of the Storm as the spiritual successor of Warcraft 3. After that I started regarding their characters with a much more critical eye. Even Deathwing will have inconsistencies since they are giving him a design that fits better with the top-down view rather than keep him lore-savvy; like moving the big open wound from his chest onto his back where it would be more visible. It makes sense, but it's not very true-to-lore.

Still, I have to say I think the classic characters like Uther and Muradin are much better representations of Warcraft 3 characters than Reforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Still, I have to say I think the classic characters like Uther and Muradin are much better representations of Warcraft 3 characters than Reforged.
    Early HoTS models like Uther and Muradin are grossly and deliberately over-exaggerated. That's why Malfurion's antlers are 6 feet long, Uther is built like a tank with biceps larger than his head and why Muradin's beard reaches all the way to the ground.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2019-11-21 at 09:48 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Really? I must read it again.
    IT was a legion retcon during the questline the naaru guides you through.

but only Illidan had amber eyes in that questline though.

even so, Illidan had blue hair in Legion (flashback) while he clearly has black since birth.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have male and female Deathknight custom heroes

...and male and female Demon-Hunter custom heroes

Malfurion's eyes @ birth are normal in that cutscene.
    As mentioned earlier, he aquired his amber eyes later when he dedicated his life to druidry

Oh man... I want to play the Reforge campaign. Can't wait to style through the campaign maps with these new models
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-11-21 at 11:03 PM.

The lore is that Illidan was born with golden eyes but Malfurion was not, however Malfurion gained golden eyes after becoming a powerful druid. And Illidan cut out his golden eyes eyes. With golden eyes being a sign of 'great destiny', this was to signify a sort of reversal of fates between the brothers.

Illidan was born for greatness but his actions damned him to a destiny of flame and sorrow. While Malfurion was born average but earned his greatness through his own actions.

Blizzard seem to have either forgotten that or deliberately retconned it.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2019-11-21 at 11:25 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    We have male and female Deathknight custom heroes

...and male and female Demon-Hunter custom heroes

I love that darkness quote.

- - - Updated - - -

the blackflip quote from the female demon hunter is great

- - - Updated - - -

Female DK quotes! I'm dying

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've found models that have NOT been updated, like the Marine and the Hydralisk.

I remember reading about even the orc blademaster supposedly getting male and female variants. Does anybody else recall such news?

Early HoTS models like Uther and Muradin are grossly and deliberately over-exaggerated. That's why Malfurion's antlers are 6 feet long, Uther is built like a tank with biceps larger than his head and why Muradin's beard reaches all the way to the ground.
    Yes, Uther looks a bit too big. However, Arthas is the worst.

Yes, Uther looks a bit too big. However, Arthas is the worst.
    He is, but is that anything new? As long as I can remember, Arthas was always drawn with this little baby head on the body of a He-man action figure wearing shoulder pads designed for a gorilla.

Hello, i have preordered it. Do you think it will release before Januray ? Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    I finished downloading the update for night elves, but here’s a question. When the full version comes out, will those of us who downloaded the beta have to download the full version of the game all over again?
    Most likely so, yes. The Live/Retail version will be flagged as such, and probably include more assets and functionality than the Beta product lacks. Blizzard generally handles all Alpha, Beta, and PTR type builds as completely separate installations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by laura105 View Post
    Hello, i have preordered it. Do you think it will release before Januray ? Thanks
    It is still flagged for release by 12/31/2019. Given that the game isn't going to require much in the way of balance testing they're probably just looking for major/minor bugs in the UI and graphics engine - so a release on or around Xmas is likely.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

oh yeah baby
    I want need that frostmourne guitar

- - - Updated - - -