Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry but Classic isnt a new game, so not sure why its even in the game of the year nominations.

Maybe cd projekt red should start updating the textures for witcher 3 every year so they can win some more prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    All my friends stopped playing it and I personally can’t stand it. Could only stomach it for the first week or so. Levelling is so dreadfully tedious, and I say this as someone with 31 alts at 120 in retail.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    i know right? its such a damning statement on the quality of game design, obsession with games as a service, microtransactions, and cynical skinner box design elements in all the AAA titles nowadays.
    Star Wars Fallen Order: am I a joke to you?

Well... the contenders, aside of The Outer Worlds, aren't great as well. Borderlands 3? Worse than 2nd one, not to mention not being able to play any normal hero, only SJW fucking minority crap. RDR2? Bugged as hell and still unplayable on lots of PCs (yeah, no need to beta test, users will do it for free, right? fucking morons). Division 2? Meh. Anthem? Seriously guys, who even made that crap a contender, really.

Destiny 2 is good, and Outer Worlds is awesome, but maybe Classic won because anyone can play it on a toaster, unlike those two, who knows?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Sorry any website that refuses access because I block their shitty cookies/ads can't be taken seriously.
    mmo-champion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine, classic could actually be good if it wasn't infested with the twitch kids and their "POGGERS KEKW LUL" stuff. Atleast most of this trash left retail to go classic, thank god.

Funny how OP is trying to say that Classic > retail. Not very subtle. Also funny how this seems to be a theme amongst the classic people.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    The site is full of wow classic haters
    Yeah, it's funny how it seems that the Classic forums have probably always had more haters than actual posters. Don't know why, but it certainly is a MMO-C specificity, everywhere else the discussions are much more normal.
    When I saw the OP, I was wondering "how many post before the first hater ? Three, four ?". Well, that was a resounding "first"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    OK, and? Considering what you originally answered was me saying that being anti-classic (i.e. wanting it to fail) goes directly against retail's best interests, this is barely relevant.

Then can I assume you'll be similarly bitching at people who say "classic players" or such? I was simply referring to the people who attack classic and the people who enjoy it. Given that Blizzard gave rise to the terms in the first place, will you be bitching at their "elitism"? This smells of false outrage as a distraction from my post.

Great for people who do. Guess what? My post wasn't for them.

And I suppose your attacks are productive. Sure. You know what's unproductive? All those posters who come in shrieking how it's not actually a success, it's going to die just any second now, and you're a bad person for enjoying it.
    Are you saying classic players are less toxic and fucked up than the people who play retail on these forums? Because that would be amusing. it's probably dead on 50/50 shitposting from trash in both communities.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yeah, it's funny how it seems that the Classic forums have probably always had more haters than actual posters. Don't know why, but it certainly is a MMO-C specificity, everywhere else the discussions are much more normal.
    When I saw the OP, I was wondering "how many post before the first hater ? Three, four ?". Well, that was a resounding "first"
    It's funny, I hate BFA. What do I do? I don't post in that part of the forums, unless something is coming out that interests me.

Retail players are so fickle and probably love youtubers like taliesin.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-21 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Destiny 2, Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Red Dead Redemption 2 are literally all incredible games that stand up on their own without micro-transactions. Sure Destiny 2 has them but like....they're all cosmetic and pretty much don't matter. Any one of them should have annihilated Classic in the competition but apparently Classic diehards decided to fuck with the data and slip Classic ahead of them.
    How dare someone like something different to me! You sound so bitter, mate.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/Golden-Jo...-2019-winners/

In a year where the The Division 2, Anthem, Destiny 2, Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC was released, nothing has quite mattered as much as the release of WoW Classic.

The engagement of players; the message it sends to Blizzard re: design paradigms; the streaming community uptake; the renewed friendships AND new ones; the nostalgia -- it couldn't be beat.
    Er, Outer Worlds won a Golden Joystick too. And the Ultimate Game of the Year joystick went to Resident Evil 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry any website that refuses access because I block their shitty cookies/ads can't be taken seriously.

OT: Classic is so ungodly awful. I just don't understand it. Everyone I know that played it after the re-release, has already went back to retail or a different game. Talking 40+ folks at this point. The drop off is only going to get worse. And I CANNOT wait for them to server merge folks, where they have lopsided factions, then put them together. People LOVE WPvP when they're winning. They hate it if the scales are even. People are going to bitch and moan so much, its going to be great.
    I have script blocking and ad blocking on as well, and I have no problem seeing the list.

As for Classic being so ungodly awful, just because your two friends went back to Retail and other games doesn't mean anything. I know you claim to have talked to 40+ folks, but I find that about as likely as the Canadian girlfriend. The Classic servers are still more populated than Retail.

But thanx for playing...

Relax guys. It's from a non serious website.

The real game awards is december 12.

but classic is an old game

Was pretty hyped up this year and had a massive start so even though i don't play it i think it's fair.

Lulz at the people here saying how terrible others taste must be for this to happen
    Because if i don't like it it must be terrible and the others must wrongthink xD

Wasn’t mine that is for sure, fun run down memory lane but not game of year.

Those awards are a popularity contests. Its funny to see how many are mad that WoW Classic was that popular this year.

The only game that isn't better than Classic is Anthem. Every other game mentioned destroy Classic. This just proves that people have no fucking proper taste in video games anymore. Classic absolutely does not deserve that reward.
    You're the guy that hates classic but spends most of his day replying every thread in classic wow section.
    I honestly only clicked on this thread to see you salty about it, gives me so much pleasure.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Classic exists because of retail. You do realize that, right? If people hadn't continued to play retail there wouldn't be any WoW development, much less your precious Classic. This argument is painfully stupid.

Also, fuck the term "retailer." I'm not a secondhand citizen because I enjoy one version of a fucking video game over another.
    Why so bitter? Just enjoy the game you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Ok boomer.
    Ok retailer.

OT: Classic is so ungodly awful. I just don't understand it. Everyone I know that played it after the re-release, has already went back to retail or a different game. Talking 40+ folks at this point. The drop off is only going to get worse. And I CANNOT wait for them to server merge folks, where they have lopsided factions, then put them together. People LOVE WPvP when they're winning. They hate it if the scales are even. People are going to bitch and moan so much, its going to be great.
    What a sad comment lol.

Classic is great. Well-deserved award.

And RDR2 didn't have an amount of bugs that made it unplayable.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Oh dear.......Does anyone actually believe this sort of garbage?
    What do you mean? Thousands of people literally weren't even able to start the game for the first few days of launch because Rockstar completely skipped QA.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    It doesn’t matter how old the game is, some older games still to this day play better then their modern counterpart.
    Game design has changed over the last 15 years, micro transactions, loot boxes, trivial achievements trophies, you name it, many gamers dislike it.
    Perhaps this is a more damming statement on how modern game design has taken a slippery slide backwards, not forwards.
    That's how I feel about it as well. Things are supposed to move forward yet here we are.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-11-21 at 01:21 PM.