Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Go back to retail OP, it's pretty clear it's where you belonged before classic came out. You have being use to faceroll boring current gameplay systems which is currently what retail is. So as soonests you tried classic, you wanted retail experience back to that. You can't handle adversity. So accept the adversity or go back and admit defeat over it. Like a modern retail pleb would.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    I appreciate that > half of the posts itt are knee-jerk "No ChAnGeS!1!!" posts that didn't take the time to read the OP to realize that some of the complaints are about things that are either confirmed different from vanilla or potentially different.

Gotta get in early with that terribly useful battle cry tho.
    One thing. ONE thing is different from vanilla (channels), and the solution already exists he just hasn't looked through options. So his single semi-valid issue is actually not at all valid.

So yes, people are responding to the majority of his post without having a little aside to call out the one specific part that is still misinformed, but differently than the rest.

Gotta get in that "wanting classic wow to be classic wow is unreasonable" battlecry tho, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    100% wrong. Potions, elemental sharpening stones, flasks, mats for engineering (dense stone etc) arcane crystals (after lionheart helmets you have crafted pants etc) constant need if enchanting mats. I'll never stop spending. Sadly. Sounds more like "I dont have to respec but I want classes that do to be poor"
    You listed a whole bunch of items that get consumed, which is not the same as a gold sink...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Nothing. You wanted Vanilla, play Vanilla.
    As people burn out and run out of content, you'll see more and more examples like this showing the "You think you want it, but you don't" guy was right for the majority of the playerbase. There are some people that genuinely want Vanilla. But mostly there are people that want some version that caters just to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    That's somewhat true, but no same person could be against free respects for example.
    Nice attempt at poisoning the well. Sorry dude, I'm sane, and I am strongly against free respecs. That's a massive change from what vanilla actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    As the topic states, there are a number of things that need to change.

1. Raid ID - right now, if you join a raid, you are hard coded into a specific ID and can only raid on that ID for that raid. Instead of a set ID, I believe it should be set to the boss's loot lockout. This will allow you to go back with a different group to do the bosses you missed for any reason. Say you missed the raid one night cause your sick that night. 2 nights later, you get the last 4 bosses, you can't go back and get the 6 bosses you missed. But with the change, you can go back with a pug/alt raid and be able to roll on that loot later.

2. Respec costs - I know some would say, if they lower the respec costs that the gold on servers would be inflated but I don't believe they would. I say they move the maximum respec cost to 20g instead of 50g. Playing a mage, I can easily farm the 100g for 2 respecs in a matter of hours, but for people like priests, druids, warriors, and others, its a lot harder to farm those amounts each week. By lowering the costs, switching specs for pve/pvp would allow more players to do those activities and foster a better experience for all.

3. Take away channel invites - gold spammers haven, need I say more.

4. Mail time between alts - I don't know why this was like it in the first place, and I do remember it from Vanilla, but it was always annoying to deal with. Just let us bank our stuff better please.

5. Decrease the drop rate on world epics - I'm not sure if it is the same as Vanilla, as that was a long time ago, but it doesn't feel as great getting a world epic like it did back then because you go to put it up on the AH and there are about 15 of them up. It would be great if they were super rare again.

There are more but these are what I think should be some changes for the good.

GO play BFA if you want this junk...gtfo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RWQ View Post
    One thing. ONE thing is different from vanilla (channels), and the solution already exists he just hasn't looked through options. So his single semi-valid issue is actually not at all valid.

So yes, people are responding to the majority of his post without having a little aside to call out the one specific part that is still misinformed, but differently than the rest.

Gotta get in that "wanting classic wow to be classic wow is unreasonable" battlecry tho, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

You listed a whole bunch of items that get consumed, which is not the same as a gold sink...

- - - Updated - - -

As people burn out and run out of content, you'll see more and more examples like this showing the "You think you want it, but you don't" guy was right for the majority of the playerbase. There are some people that genuinely want Vanilla. But mostly there are people that want some version that caters just to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice attempt at poisoning the well. Sorry dude, I'm sane, and I am strongly against free respecs. That's a massive change from what vanilla actually was.

Wrong on all counts....
    Nonsensical bullcrap argument based off of ZERO facts.

Nothing but logical fallacy after logical fallacy....

Here is a fact, Vanilla wow had the same issues as we have in Classic and it did nothing but GROW AND GROW...

Stop your bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    GO play BFA if you want this junk...gtfo

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong on all counts....
    Nonsensical bullcrap argument based off of ZERO facts.

Nothing but logical fallacy after logical fallacy....

Here is a fact, Vanilla wow had the same issues as we have in Classic and it did nothing but GROW AND GROW...

Stop your bullshit.
    What the fuck are you even talking about? Your counter point is basically "NAH UH" with some buzzwords you know in order to make your "NAH UH" seem more educated. But you offer literally ZERO actual counter points.

What exactly do you think is fallacious? Which claim? Why?

Is it a "fallacy" that I am sane and don't want free respecs? Nope.

Is it a "fallacy" that what he requested is a change from vanilla? Nope.

Is crafting the same as a gold sink? NOPE.

Drop rates didn't change, so there's another fact that was on my side.

If you think gaming now is exactly the same as then, then I guess you think EQ is the best game ever, because it grew and grew too. So obviously we should be moving closer to EQ, right?

So how about you give me those "facts", instead of screaming "nah uh" over and over. Stop your bullshit, yourself.
    Last edited by RWQ; 2019-11-20 at 10:21 PM.

This Classic WoW is NOT Vanilla WoW. There are a ton of changes/differences. You no changes people are subhumans.

And for the record, Vanilla WoW was/is TRASH. BC and Wrath were 949983493859489x better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNicestFellow View Post
    This Classic WoW is NOT Vanilla WoW. There are a ton of changes/differences. You no changes people are subhumans.

And for the record, Vanilla WoW was/is TRASH. BC and Wrath were 949983493859489x better.
    Then why play Classic and post on it's forums?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

1. Raid ID - right now, if you join a raid, you are hard coded into a specific ID and can only raid on that ID for that raid. Instead of a set ID, I believe it should be set to the boss's loot lockout. This will allow you to go back with a different group to do the bosses you missed for any reason. Say you missed the raid one night cause your sick that night. 2 nights later, you get the last 4 bosses, you can't go back and get the 6 bosses you missed. But with the change, you can go back with a pug/alt raid and be able to roll on that loot later.

2. Respec costs - I know some would say, if they lower the respec costs that the gold on servers would be inflated but I don't believe they would. I say they move the maximum respec cost to 20g instead of 50g. Playing a mage, I can easily farm the 100g for 2 respecs in a matter of hours, but for people like priests, druids, warriors, and others, its a lot harder to farm those amounts each week. By lowering the costs, switching specs for pve/pvp would allow more players to do those activities and foster a better experience for all.

3. Take away channel invites - gold spammers haven, need I say more.

4. Mail time between alts - I don't know why this was like it in the first place, and I do remember it from Vanilla, but it was always annoying to deal with. Just let us bank our stuff better please.

5. Decrease the drop rate on world epics - I'm not sure if it is the same as Vanilla, as that was a long time ago, but it doesn't feel as great getting a world epic like it did back then because you go to put it up on the AH and there are about 15 of them up. It would be great if they were super rare again.

Classic is Classic dude, Warts and all.
    Classic is the ugly girl with a lot of can do attitude, doesnt actually do anything very well but it tries its best and tries to stay positive. All the things you are asking for are things they added in the live version. Hate to say it but leave classic as classic its a fun museum to visit in between patchs in live and FFXIV

You've got some nerve...

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I haven't used any addons yet. It's like a system message or something (appears in a white/grey font). So I say "No, U!" and that it is an addon you have that is blocking these messages on your screen
    I'm not sure actually as I haven't tried. But can you edit what shows in chat in classic? Like, making additional tabs on the chat box and sticking system messages into the spare tab? I mean I'm positive an addon could do exactly that too, but made me curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNicestFellow View Post

Yet, here you are bitching and crying about it... if its so horrible, why are you playing it?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.