Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

The respec cost is total BS

Respeccing to try different off-meta specs is one of the most fun parts of classic WoW since you have so much spec flexibility. Being forced to pick one spec and stick with it 100% of the time just makes the game even more monotonous than it already is. It's like the vanilla WoW devs focused on making the game as boring, punishing, and monotonous as possible.

Honestly, leveling, dungeons, raiding, and grinding in general is all terrible. "Gaming" the auction house and trying new specs is the most fun part of the game. "Fair" PvP is also fun.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love every single one of these classic threads complaining about something in classic. They make me so happy, keep 'em coming.

Also incoming lots of that^
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

LOL

Plays Classic, cries about Classic.

For years everyone bitched about this, myself included back in the day. It won't get fixed, it won't be changed. It will be like this for many many many years. Get used to it, stop crying about it.

It will change, people are still screaming #nochanges but I am guessing that will be the first thing they tackle since it has no impact in any meaningful way keeping it intact.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNicestFellow View Post
    Respeccing to try different off-meta specs is one of the most fun parts of classic WoW since you have so much spec flexibility. Being forced to pick one spec and stick with it 100% of the time just makes the game even more monotonous than it already is. It's like the vanilla WoW devs focused on making the game as boring, punishing, and monotonous as possible.

Honestly, leveling, dungeons, raiding, and grinding in general is all terrible. "Gaming" the auction house and trying new specs is the most fun part of the game. "Fair" PvP is also fun.
    That's all part of the things smart people warned you about before classic came out.

This is the product you wanted, enjoy it, you believed it was better than retail, stop asking to get retail things in it, go play retail instead if classic is not as good as your nostalgia or blind belief made you think so.

Spend the time trying out the new off meta spec making the 50gold, should give you a chance to flex it a bit, and doesn't *really* take that long at 60 if we're completely honest with ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

It's only 50g? What's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    LOL

Plays Classic, cries about Classic.

For years everyone bitched about this, myself included back in the day. It won't get fixed, it won't be changed. It will be like this for many many many years. Get used to it, stop crying about it.
    Orly? Is that why BG's are being released in 3 weeks due to people (rightfully) complaining about the (terrible) world PvP?

No changes subhumans: PLZ REMOVE FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    That's all part of the things smart people warned you about before classic came out.

This is the product you wanted, enjoy it, you believed it was better than retail, stop asking to get retail things in it, go play retail instead if classic is not as good as your nostalgia or blind belief made you think so.
    Noone wanted Vanilla. It is and always was trash. BC and Wrath were the best expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    After batching (puke) that's the second thing that made private servers better, the 5-10g respec really improved gameplay for healers and fire/frost mages. How fun was it to be frost for BWL but then turn into a firemonster in Zul'Gurrubs. 50g is too much, always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I love every single one of these classic threads complaining about something in classic. They make me so happy, keep 'em coming.

Also incoming lots of that^
    Two retail slave comments within 3 minutes of this thread posting in the Classic Forums. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish? My god, it just comes off as incredibly petty and sad.

Orly? Is that why BG's are being released in 3 weeks due to people (rightfully) complaining about the (terrible) world PvP?

Noone wanted Vanilla. It is and always was trash. BC and Wrath were the best expansions.
    Hypocrisy at it's finest. Most of the forums were saying, Keep Vanilla, Vanilla. The majority, wanted it left alone. You are in the minority.

I also never mentioned PvP, I mentioned you crying like a little baby. Which you did, and are currently doing because of a feature in the game that you knew existed before you started playing.

Thanks for outing yourself as a liar( or being delusional ) though. Will make this thread easier to not follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be down with dual spec added. Was never part of the #nochanges crowd. I want to be able to tank and dps and just because I can tank as dps doesn't mean I want to. I also don't want to farm gold as a warrior so yeah lower the cost bigly or add dual spec

Hypocrisy at it's finest. Most of the forums were saying, Keep Vanilla, Vanilla. The majority, wanted it left alone. You are in the minority.

I also never mentioned PvP, I mentioned you crying like a little baby. Which you did, and are currently doing because of a feature in the game that you knew existed before you started playing.

Thanks for outing yourself as a liar( or being delusional ) though. Will make this thread easier to not follow.
    "We want Vanilla."

- Gets Vanilla

"Oh no."

Oh man, I remember being pissed about that. How very Aughts.

hahahahahahahahahaha

go play retail if you want it to be easier.

No, BGs are being released because BGs were part of Vanilla. As was the respec cost. Dual Spec was... WotLK, i think?

3+ Year Old Account
    No one wanted vanilla huh? That's not what I saw. That's not what you saw, don't know why this is what you say though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    "We want Vanilla."

- Gets Vanilla

"Oh no."
    Right? lol I love reading forums during work hours.

"Crying like a little baby." What are we in high school? You sound like you're 12 and your parents don't allow you to curse.

I don't think you know what the word "hypocrisy" means, because you've used it inappropriately. Might want to google the definition before using it again.

Outing myself as a liar or being delusional? Wtf are you talking about? Your post in completely nonsensical. You honestly sound like a f*cking idiot who can be string a rational thought together. Take your edgy bloody eye avatar and your #nochanges subhuman ass back to the hole you crawled out of.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, BGs are being released because BGs were part of Vanilla. As was the respec cost. Dual Spec was... WotLK, i think?
    BG's are being released waaay earlier than originally planned. Check the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    hahahahahahahahahaha

go play retail if you want it to be easier.
    Time consuming =/= hard. Literally nothing in Vanilla WoW is hard. Only time consuming. All you need to be "successful" in vanilla WoW is time.
    Last edited by TheNicestFellow; 2019-11-21 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Glad i didn't listen to these "smart people". It is exactly what i remembered and i'm enjoying it as much as i did back then.