Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I probably have 2 millions tops across all my toons, if that. I'd have to sell everything I have that is even remotely valuable (Ethereal Soul Trader, Purple Puffer, Crawing claw, etc.) and even then I'd be just scratching the surface.
    Or, or... you could do the farming/crafting thing which is how people get that amount.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you feel the need to buy tokens for that that's on you.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is scummy. Blizzard knows that people will start buying tokens out of panic. Then tokens will lose gold value, so people will have to buy even more tokens for mount.

Honestly this is topic where people should lose their shit and spam Blizzard on forums, not some 20$ mount twice per year. Imagine someone that set personal goal to slowly farm this mount over years...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    With Shadowlands. Removal of RNG, the changes to leveling, more focus on player agency. These were all good things announced when a lot of players were burned out with BfA.
    well i agree with that, others don't.

I want the removal of GCD still. Still not happening.

I think this new blizzard nowadays in a marketing and strategic point are such 'money-suction' type. Guess i can't have a good game anymore (that with the amount of years that is here it should by now even not be monthly payed). Nowadays companies are just about this. It's so sad. It's really sad, such a great company in the past, turned into this. Feels like a bad time to be alive sometimes.

Wonder if they plan on adding a new action house mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    because they're removing it in less than a year.
    We don't even know that. There are other mounts in the game that have a feat of strength and are still obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    People still have a good ~9 months to farm 5m though.
    No, they don't. Gold will now be the most valuable source, so the only people who you will gain gold from are the npcs. but beside of them the gold-prices will plummet, since a lot of people will now buy this mount, and put everythign they have on the bank on the auction house, either now or in 8.3, when the deposit-costs are gone.

The good thing is: for people who don't care about the mount or who already have it: the time to buy tokens is near, the prices are already falling, and they will fall for sure more and more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    We don't even know that. There are other mounts in the game that have a feat of strength and are still obtainable.
    There is a blue post that confirmed it.

A portable AH is way cooler than a portable transmog. What the hell do I need transmog everywhere I go for? Meanwhile, I could literally be shopping on a dinosaur or selling things while camping stuff.
    I dunno... I kinda like having the portable transmog. It lets me immediately use a gear upgrade without it looking terribly out of place. Totally a vanity thing, for sure, but one that helps keep my toon looking the way I like.

They literally confirmed it in the link I provided.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Transmog is more important than AH in retail tbh.
    Really? I guess I see it differently. Timing can determine whether you snag a really good deal on the AH (someone under-prices something unwittingly.) Meanwhile, no urgency in transmog.

When did they plan to come out and drop this bombshell on their own tho? If noone brings it up and forces this answer out from them, then would it just fade away silently like the old RaF rewards? Or when it's already too late? (It's already too late tbh)
    This is insane. I hope the community stands up against this as one.

I'm all for criticizing blizzard's greedy bullshit but WoW tokens only go for what? about 120k gold? if you were to buy 5m gold worth of WoW tokens at a market value of 120k gold you would need to buy about 41-42 of them to get 5 million gold, which would be about $820-840 real life dollars. if you're willing to spend 800+ dollars on a mount in a game (or anything in a game for that matter) you need serious help

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not a mount I ever wanted/would get but that’s a load of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, it is a cool mount...but even when I had 6 million I never considered buying it.

Can you actually buy unlimited tokens? I mean...it needs like 20+ tokens if you have zero gold....how many tokens can you buy in a given time window.

And how many whales does WoW really have that would throw something like 500 dollars to buy a mount like that?
    There are people out there that have spent 10k on mobile microtransactions. Whales are exactly who this is aimed at and they'll spend the money. Forced scarcity tactics like this are a very typical way to target that group.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Or maybe it served its purpose of taking gold out of economy and is no longer needed.
    I bought Sha mount for 1.5M, Galleon mount for 500k, 2 TCG Rockets for 800k each, one Rhino for 700k. There's no way I am ever dropping 5M on something that is replaced by an alt parked at the AH.
    Then lower the price. Removing a mount that gives you utility isn’t the same as buying a trading card mount which was always a limited stock.

We do know. https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...n-shadowlands/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    When did they plan to come out and drop this bombshell on their own tho? If noone brings it up and forces this anser out from them, then would it just fade away silently like the old RaF rewards?
    This is insane. I hope the community stands up against this as one.
    This is actually something i feel we should rant about. Other rants are just personal, but this one is a bit more than just personal, it touches the whole playerbase.

I don't think i will ever that mount because i don't think i need it, but others do. For doing so, it's messing with the playerbase in ways that it's not just about personal opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It is scummy. Blizzard knows that people will start buying tokens out of panic. Then tokens will lose gold value, so people will have to buy even more tokens for mount.

Honestly this is topic where people should lose their shit and spam Blizzard on forums, not some 20$ mount twice per year. Imagine someone that set personal goal to slowly farm this mount over years...
    actually caring about what other people do in game or with their money is pretty stupid. maybe worry about yourself, and less about others.

Really? I guess I see it differently. Timing can determine whether you snag a really good deal on the AH (someone under-prices something unwittingly.) Meanwhile, no urgency in transmog.
    I think you would be surprised how many would disagree with you on that.

Looking fabulous is serious business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

It's already been stated that it will remain available on the BMAH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They literally confirmed it in the link I provided.
    Specificially, they confirmed that it won't become unobtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Then lower the price. Removing a mount that gives you utility isn’t the same as buying a trading card mount which was always a limited stock.
    or remove something when they move to another xpac. things dont have to be available forever. and no, i dont have one. i wouldnt spend the gold on it if i had it. someone in raid always has one, or i can go to an ah. jesus.