Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I still don't get WHY they do it anyhow. Even if it serves the purpose to take money out of the economy and is hard to obtain..almost impossible for anyone wanting it and starting to save up today...why not leave it alone? This change will only attract negativity...as it already does.
    This was my thought as well. Only thing I can think is they're going to add another ah mount in the next expac for more gold and don't want people to have this cheaper option. To your point that hardly seem worth the bad taste this puts in peoples mouths though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by RWQ View Post
    No, it will not be "as much obtainable". He explained why. You made that specific claim and that specific claim is false.
    It might even be easier, because we don't know the price it will sell for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    And sorry, we live in world where people put thousands $ in some mobile games. It's silly that you think there were other reasons to remove mount than activate whales.
    I have two ideas:

1. Use your heads. Radical, I know.
    2. Other than that, it's none of your or my business.

How would you react to some random forum person telling you how to spend you own money?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Do you know what whales are and how they work?
    I do. That's really their problem.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Oh so it is now not "just as much obtainable" anymore. Interesting.
    "Just as much obtainable" meaning it is still in the game and not impossible to get. It might be easier, it might be harder. We don't know that yet.

If you feel the need to drop £350 just to buy a mount, there is something incredibly mentally wrong with you. You probably shouldn't be in charge of any finances, or anything at all.

You're basically telling me that if i walked up to you with a brick, put it down on a table in front of you, then said in 10 minutes i'm going to take it away, that i could get you to buy it for £350.

Do you think this is what a mentally sound person would do?

Blizzard, honestly, is doing a fine job at bringing awareness to mental health issues. Stuff like this and the China/Hong Kong thing they got wrapped up in has revealed to me that mental health issues are massively prevalent the gaming scene.

Go to a doctor, OP. Go. Right now.

Gonna make a project Brutosaur:

Earn 5million gold before 9.0, ez. It's on!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got it Day 1 of BFA. Peasants still mad they can't afford it. Gold's nothing at all.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Blizzard sinks even lower. I mean, first they're making an expansion and making us PAY FOR IT?? We already pay a sub?? With this logic, why are content patches free but expansions not?? What's the difference??

Money hungry Blizzard!!! Every change they do is to make us buy tokens!!!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    It will be just as much obtainable in the game as it is right now.
    It being harder to obtain does not make it unobtainable.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, that sentence just doesn't mean what you seem to think it does. You're thinking of "just as easily".
    This is getting funnier and funnier.

The word obtainable just means that you can get it. Unobtainable means you can't get it.

You are using "harder to get" as a synonym for unobtainable. Which is a wrong use of the word.

So stop the silly argument.

There is still no reason given for this change, and Blizzard didn't even bother to try and rationalize it.

That says enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There is still no reason given for this change
    To make it more rare?

It being harder to obtain does not make it unobtainable. So stop saying that it is unobtainable and people won't argue with you.
    No, people argue with me because it's enough to see one person taking a wrong interpretation of what i said, to think i was saying it's unobtainable in general.

I will repeat one more time: It's unobtainable in game for sources like a vendor, a dungeon, a raid or open world. It's tho, available to be obtained from other sources like BMAH. So at some point it's unobtainable indeed.

The OP meant it's not obtainable on the vendor he is now.

Just because i touched the words "unobtainable in the game" does not mean that it won't be available through other sources.

"In the game" that can have 2 meanings, and keep arguing constantly against me because of the wrong interpretation they took.

Meanings:
    1. In the game (The game overall, not in the content- through AH/cards)
    2. In the game (gameplay/content - not through the auction house and cards or BMAH)

For a reason it's being added to Feast of strength.

The core hound was available to obtain in game. Not anymore. Now you can have it in the game by BMAH, it's still a feast of strength too if you had it before they removed the event.
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...er-of-ragnaros

Can you just not side with people without you having a full understanding of even what i'm saying in the first place? Would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-22 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, you really think they're that many people who'll drop $500+ for a mount

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If they are this stupid then sorry they DESERVE to be exploited. People have free will and can go "Nope, wallet will remain in my pocket.". We need to stop coddling the dumb.
    Being susceptible to this sort of exploitation doesnt make them dumb, but it certainly makes you ignorant for saying that.

Great... a mount for the 1% is becoming a mount for the 0.01%.

The word obtainable just means that you can get it. Unobtainable means you can't get it.

You are using "harder to get" as a synonym for unobtainable. Which is a wrong use of the word.

So stop the silly argument.
    Obtaining something in Wow is not binary. It's not you get it (1) or not (0). So "just as much" actually suggests that the method, or chance to get it is similar.
    I never said it is unobtainable. But the chances to grab something from the BMAH for non whales is very slim. Very very slim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly i think this is more of them trying one last ditch effort to get gold from the WoD/Legion people who would otherwise say "I'll just buy it later". I just hope that mounts next expansion don't cost close to a million gold for just rep mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    No, people argue with me because it's enough to see one person taking a wrong interpretation of what i said, to think i was saying it's unobtainable in general.
    It's either unobtainable or it isn't. There is no "unobtainable in general".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Obtaining something in Wow is not binary. It's not you get it (1) or not (0).
    It actually is exactly that.

It actually is exactly that.
    Yeah, farming Rukhmar, Sha, Galleon, Oondasta, Nalak is the same as farming Invincible or Alar. Got it. You're not a collector.