Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    It's either unobtainable or it isn't. There is no "unobtainable in general".

- - - Updated - - -

It actually is exactly that.
    Funny how you just ignored the whole rest i typed and even cut from the reply. Nicely done. Totally not wasting my time here replying.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I have two ideas:

1. Use your heads. Radical, I know.
    2. Other than that, it's none of your or my business.

How would you react to some random forum person telling you how to spend you own money?
    I honestly have no idea what are you trying to tell. We shouldn't critizice loot boxes or predatory systems in mobile games as well, because we're not personally buying it? Also, you didn't respond at any of my arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Yeah, farming Rukhmar, Sha, Galleon, Oondasta, Nalak is the same as farming Invincible or Alar. Got it. You're not a collector.
    All of these are obtainable.

Some are harder to get than others. That doesn't make any of them unobtainable. But you didn't really list the best examples. Is there a big difference between any of these? Except Galleon. They're all on a weekly lockout, easily soloable, low dropchance. Only difference is you need to clear the rest of the raid for Invincible and Al'ar, but that's not a big deal. A bit more time investment doesn't make them harder to get, the dropchance stays the same. It certainly doesn't make them unobtainable. I used to have Invincible on my old account.

To make it more rare?
    Is that really a good argument, or even the likely rationale behind Blizzard's decision?

I think it's much more likely that the reason they are removing it is because in hindsight, they don't like the idea of everyone having their own auction house with them at all times.
    I wish I could be as naive. If that was the case they would have done away with it in 8.3 instead of giving people the opportunity for it. They are removing it so people buy tokens to buy it before it goes away. It's a common technique companies use with real products to make people buy things if they are going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Funny how you just ignored the whole rest i typed and even cut from the reply. Nicely done. Totally not wasting my time here replying.
    I've read the rest of your post and you continue to double down on it becoming unobtainable, which is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I wish I could be as naive. If that was the case they would have done away with it in 8.3 instead of giving people the opportunity for it. They are removing it so people buy tokens to buy it before it goes away. It's a common technique companies use with real products to make people buy things if they are going away.
    Perish the thought! Take off that tinfoil hat.

Blizzard, making decisions nobody asked for in order to create a sense of urgency and make money through it? No way. Blizzard is on our side.

All of these are obtainable.

Some are harder to get than others. That doesn't make any of them unobtainable. But you didn't really list the best examples. Is there a big difference between any of these? Except Galleon. They're all on a weekly lockout, easily soloable, low dropchance. Only difference is you need to clear the rest of the raid for Invincible and Al'ar, but that's not a big deal. A bit more time investment doesn't make them harder to get, the dropchance stays the same. It certainly doesn't make them unobtainable. I used to have Invincible on my old account.
    Only difference is the other bosses to clear before... A bit harder to obtain. A bit more time investment.

Oh dear. I take my own advice and stop here. Thanks for the laughter tho.

I've read the rest of your post and you continue to double down on it becoming unobtainable, which is nonsense.
    Not even making 10000 pages, your brain would be able to process what i'm saying as you would not read it, for you only your thinking is correct. I gave up talking to people like you. ´

https://www.spellingcity.com/multipl...ing-words.html

This is something that exists. Take a look. Will probably make your brain richer.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have two ideas:

1. Use your heads. Radical, I know.
    2. Other than that, it's none of your or my business.

How would you react to some random forum person telling you how to spend you own money?

- - - Updated - - -

I do. That's really their problem.
    Is this behaviour why you´re not longer a mod?

Or why did you changed so much from criticizing Blizz when it was good to excusing their behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, this is a bit all over the place between sarcasm, satire and possible seriousness? I honestly hope you are not at all serious...sarcasm translates hard in written form.

Tone is important for posts. No way you don't have a job and get one to buy a WoW mount. And if you are seriously...Jesus Christ ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Right...well...I am out of touch with this. Even if this would mean it is 1% what I make per year..no way I would ever spend it on a digital item and I have zero understanding of people that would.

I also wonder if there isn't another reasoning behind the decision by Blizzard. I mean...the 2 million spider mount stays. They Yak mount stays..and that is actually imho much more valuable in my daily use.
    Lol.. imagine getting a job and then quitting a week later cause "Got my mount. cya losers"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Is that really a good argument, or even the likely rationale behind Blizzard's decision?
    I don't know. I don't like it when they take things out of the game completely like they do with some mounts and the artifact skins, to actually make them unobtainable. So I'm not in favour of the idea in general.

I don't know what other reason they could have though. Doubt it will boost token sales. Most likely they just fear that at some point everyone will have their own auction house. Look at the yak. Everybody has that now. That means the transmog vendor is basically accessible no matter where you are. You'll be in some random location and see 5 of these things around you. They likely don't want that to be the case for the AH, so now they are trying to put on the brakes for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even making 10000 pages, your brain would be able to process what i'm saying as you would not read it, for you only your thinking is correct. I gave up talking to people like you. ´

https://www.spellingcity.com/multipl...ing-words.html

This is something that exists. Take a look. Will probably make your brain richer.
    And your point is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Only difference is the other bosses to clear before... A bit harder to obtain. A bit more time investment.

Oh dear. I take my own advice and stop here. Thanks for the laughter tho.
    Have you ever solo'd an old raid?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Perish the thought! Take off that tinfoil hat.

Blizzard, making decisions nobody asked for in order to create a sense of urgency and make money through it? No way. Blizzard is on our side.
    How are they making more money with this? The people who can afford something like this now will just buy it now. If this thing ends up costing 10 million gold on the BMAH, the people who can't afford it now won't be able to afford it then either.

There's rich people in the game. Gold cap on more than 5 chars. (Even more some druids multiboxing and selling on AH, and boosters)

I just think it's mean, because some people can't even compete with the rich guys.
    Yeah, and that's the only kind of people that could afford the damn thing in the first place. In a year it will possibly cost them double and be rarer. Why is this such a problem again?

Yeah I don't like this very much. I'm not in a place where I can spend that much money on tokens to get gold for that mount, so for me it will just result in not getting the mount.

The whole "making things unobtainable" is the definitely worst part about wow imo

@Nosgoth Point is you grabbed something i typed and the person took a wrong interpretation and you came like a cowboy defending the wrong interpretation of that person and calling it nonsense, obviously it's nonsense, because "in the game" have two meanings. Secondly, unobtainable on a vendor and not on BMAH, to say this, you have to put the word "unobtainable via X". So in the game is not unobtainable, meant "Not available by X". You understand now or i need to make some extreme for you to understand that the point of the conversation was never to say it was unobtainable overall?

No, obviously i'm not, because i don't need to prove anything to you. Even less after quoting me to defend a wrong interpretation with all your utopia verbal critical reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, and that's the only kind of people that could afford the damn thing in the first place. In a year it will possibly cost them double and be rarer. Why is this such a problem again?
    Because like with the Yak, plenty of people were planning on saving up gold for maybe next expansion to get it for 5M, perhaps? Considering there really was no reason for them to expect that it would be removed from the vendor.

Nothingburger outrage of the day. It's not like the mount is going anywhere today or even next month. It's not leaving until late next year. The idea that this is going to cause some sort of token panic is silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Classic subscribers are already monetized at the rate of $180/year to play a fifteen-year old version of the game. That's a choice but they are most certainly monetized.
    I left out the obvious sub fee. They are ALSO monetizing retail players with sub fees, captain fucking obvious.

The thing that is the same doesn't need to be mentioned. The monetization of retail players is also on top of sub fees so the difference is in the other and wasn't worth mentioning. But by all means let's be literal about it as if it makes the point invalid.

So pardon me for not stating the obvious. I guess, the correct statement would be that they don't know what to do with classic subscribers that they can't monetize to the extreme extent they can in retail. Now I'm sure everyone is much better informed than they were before you stepped in to "correct" me

@Nosgoth Point is you grabbed something i typed and the person took a wrong interpretation and you came like a cowboy defending the wrong interpretation of that person and calling it nonsense, obviously it's nonsense, because "in the game" have two meanings. Secondly, unobtainable on a vendor and not on BMAH, to say this, you have to put the word "unobtainable via X". So in the game is not unobtainable, meant "Not available by X". You understand now or i need to make some extreme for you to understand that the point of the conversation was never to say it was unobtainable overall?

No, obviously i'm not, because i don't need to prove anything to you. Even less after quoting me to defend a wrong interpretation with all your utopia verbal critical reasoning.
    Honestly, reading what you write is pure torture. Just admit you're wrong and move on.

Honestly, reading what you write is pure torture. Just admit you're wrong and move on.
    Lol, i'm not wrong at anything. You are. You catch a conversation at middle, and start a whole different argument and try win it just because. I have nothing to admit. As i shouldn't even be talking to you or answering to you. Or anyone really. You're the one that should move on, because you keep persisting in speaking to me that i'm wrong only because i used the word "unobtainable". That's so silly. Honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    I left out the obvious sub fee. They are ALSO monetizing retail players with sub fees, captain fucking obvious.
    Just responding to what you wrote. Yes, I thought it obvious too which is why I didn't understand why you left it out. $180/year for a game that required relatively little in the way of development costs is a bargain for Blizzard. Classic players are fully monetized as about everything at this point is pure profit.

As for regular players I'm very much on the side of if you allow yourself to be monetized then that's on you and if you have regrets then learn from them. Otherwise it's none of my business. There's a whole thread ongoing about the meaning of player agency. Resisting the store, resisting spending a lot of money for a mount is player agency too. Exercise it.

EDIT: For the record, I think this is more about getting people to subscribe to the game.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-22 at 12:37 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."