Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I can buy tcg mounts at any time tho. It's not like i can't buy them anymore in a bunch of months. You act like it's the same when it's really not.

Besides that token price in EU is the lowest it has been for at least the last 30 days, didnt bother looking further. So there goes that.
    Except you can't buy TCG mounts at any time. They are a limited good, the price will continue to rise as the supply goes down. Two years ago the rooster was $500. Now it's like 8.

Also, you clearly didn't look at anything because the price has already reverted to normal.

https://wowtokenprices.com/EU

It had one tiny dip of about 5k below what it was at that time yesterday and has already gone back up to normal prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind. I'm not paying attention
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2019-11-22 at 01:51 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Nevermind.
    The one that's being constantly linked throughout the thread and which shows no significant change in price. Certainly nowhere near the bullshit numbers some people were claiming, where it supposedly went down by 25%. Besides, it's going up again, so the usual cycle repeats itself. No major change, no flood of people buying tokens en masse, nothing special.

Which is kind of obvious anyway. Actual whales would have bought that stuff months ago if they cared about it. They wouldn't waste their time gathering gold through normal means, only to fill the last part with couple tokens - that's like the opposite of being a whale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    A portable AH is way cooler than a portable transmog. What the hell do I need transmog everywhere I go for? Meanwhile, I could literally be shopping on a dinosaur or selling things while camping stuff.
    I think it highly depends who is using said mounts. For me, I can easily afford the AH mount, but I'm not buying it... because I won't really use its intended function as an AH (ironically enough, I'd use it more for food ingredients if I'm low).

Here's the thing with me and likely many others who have millions of gold: I don't really use the AH much at all despite having millions upon millions of gold. Even with the removal of the really large gold missions from the WoD mission table, there are countless sources of gold in the game that will eventually build up your gold resources to insane levels compared to previous expansions. Emissary quests that reward gold, paragon rep caches that reward even larger amounts of gold, still a lot of table missions that offer gold, WQs that offer gold, plus whatever you want to vendor... it's really easy to make thousands upon thousands of gold on one character with minimal effort every day.

More on topic, I'm not quite sure why they're removing the Long Boi, and I'll just wait for Blizz to explain it as I'm fairly certain they'll respond at some point since this move is a little weird to historical gold dump mounts. If gold keeps inflating and becomes just as easy to accrue in future expansions, maybe I'd buy the mount if it's was still available? I mean I almost have 500 mounts, and Long Boi would likely just server as +1 on my mount count as not only would I not use the AH function much, but I really hate large mounts as I get stuck on terrain and doorways enough as it is.

For the person who said portable transmog isn't as cool, obviously they don't realize that getting your transmog right for progression fights (especially after getting a new piece) is at least a 2% DPS upgrade!
    Last edited by exochaft; 2019-11-22 at 02:00 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I don't like this change at all. I am one of those players that don't really focus on getting gold but when I discover efficient methods I do earn quite a bit. Thats how I slowly climbed to about a 2 mil gold pile since BfA started. I was thinking maybe at the end of the next expack I will have enough to get this mount... and now you are telling me that I have to come up with another 3 mil in a year or so???

I just don't have enough free time to achieve this sudden deadline... And that means I will probably never have this mount.

It will be obtainable in Shadowlands through BMAH... but lets be real here. It will be almost impossible to get it this way. Having to wait for months for it to even show up for sale, and then hoping that you have the most gold. Every time you fail... chances are it will be even more expensive the next time it shows up because more time has passed since it became BMAH only. And when it starts getting gold capped... the only way to get it is to be ready at BMAH every day on reset time ( middle of the night for some countries) to insta bid before someone else does. Sounds fun...Id rather quit the game than do that.

The main problem here is that nobody expected this. I never had a problem with Blizz removing CM sets, Mage tower skins, etc because I knew on time how it would go and could plan accordingly. If Blizz said at the start of BfA that this would happen I would focus more on gold earning and I would probably make it in time...You may say a year is plenty of warning but when we are talking about such a huge amount of gold.. I dont think so. Many players go for a slow and steady approach for these kinds of things.

I really hope they reverse this decision so I can have a (realistic) shot at the mount. If they really want to keep it rare all they have to do is not make silly gold printers like the garrison and order hall. The 2 mil spider from Legion is still super expensive now because BfA has no such things so there is no reason the brutosaur would be any different.

Oh look, another pointless thing for MMO-C to get upset about.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I don't care about the mount at all and I will probably never buy it, but the decision seems really stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Get your facts straight before trying to fearmonger. It'll be available on the BMAH so it's not completely unobtainable and confirmed by a blue.
    It'll be available on the BMAH = it'll go for goldcap = it'll be less obtainable than it is now to everyone but Goblins and whales. Between those and the real money transaction business, good luck getting it for its current price and reliably from a set vendor.

It ain't "fearmongering", people learning about it now at least gives them half a chance to catch the mount before it starts selling for 999.999.999 gold, when it rarely does appear on a BMAH on a random server.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-11-22 at 02:05 AM.

I love how they explain it away as, "dinosaurs are dying," but hey... All the other dinosaur mounts are not being removed.

Cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It'll be available on the BMAH = it'll go for goldcap = it'll be less obtainable than it is now to everyone but Goblins and whales. Between those and the real money transaction business, good luck getting it for its current price and reliably from a set vendor.

It ain't "fearmongering", people learning about it now at least gives them half a chance to catch the mount before it starts selling for 999.999.999 gold, when it rarely does appear on a BMAH on a random server.
    But the whales already have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    I love how they explain it away as, "dinosaurs are dying," but hey... All the other dinosaur mounts are not being removed.

Cowards.
    It's just a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    But the whales already have it.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't aware that you run a registry of World of Warcraft whales which tracks their mount purchases.

Seriously, I'mma stop entertaining the people defending this.

Well, better make 14k~ gold every day so i can get it before sl...
    Is that even possible if you aren't familiar with tsm and boosting? except playing farming simulator for the next 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Is that even possible if you aren't familiar with tsm and boosting? except playing farming simulator for the next 12 months.
    Funny thing is. If you bite the bullet, and buy it now, it'll cost you 500 bucks. But if you decide to farm it with your numbers and pay 12 months of sub that you wouldn't otherwise in this trashy expack possibly in the biggest draught ever (good luck selling anything), that'll cost you 12 months of sub. So you'll pay 12x15= 180 bucks (156 if 2x6 months) anyways. And it's not even guaranteed that you will succeed in time, so you might have to finish it with tokens after all.
    But then of course Shadowlands prepatch will come sooner, in 9 months max I'd say.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-11-22 at 02:30 AM.

I wasn't aware that you run a registry of World of Warcraft whales which tracks their mount purchases.

Seriously, I'mma stop entertaining the people defending this.
    Use some common sense. If they are a whale they have more than enough money to buy this. Otherwise they wouldn't be a whale.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Oh look, another pointless thing for MMO-C to get upset about.
    My thinking too, people going nuts over a mount.. But yes this is MMO-C where you are not one of the club. unless one bitches about every little thing that Blizzard do..

The funny thing is, is that the mount is not being removed per se it is just going to the BMAH, so it will still be obtainable for those completionists out there..

And one last thing gotta love how the OP changed the title of this thread to a more sensationalist title.. lol
    This is what the thread title was before.. lol

12:44 PM

They are turning the Caravan Brutosaur into a FOS (unobtainable with 9.0).

Last edited by grexly75; 2019-11-22 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Someone in this thread said you can make 100k gold farming in an hour. I don't know because I only do professions, but 14k gold a day with professions is not a lot. So maybe stop refusing to deal with professions and the AH?

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Couple things...

If anyone thinks this is to "boost token sales", then they are dumb. Period. At current prices, it takes 27 tokens to do it. 27x$20 = $540. Only fools would spend that much.
    Sure, if we assume everyone is at 0gold.

But what about the people that are a 4mio? at 3mio? Or who will reach that amount in their chase of this mount, don't you think they might get the rest with tokens?

Also, companies are not really shy about it, whales are much more worthwhile than your average spender, your average spender might use $20-$40 bucks a year(subscriptions not included), those phat whales though? They might very well spend $540 for a "rare unobtainable mount" when we get near the end of the expansion, and sadly, the business models of the current age shows that there's plenty of whales around for these practices to continue.

Note that I am not saying "blizzard definitely did this to sell tokens", but rather that your example of overall cost is fairly naive.

Use some common sense. If they are a whale they have more than enough money to buy this. Otherwise they wouldn't be a whale.
    It's not "common sense", it's conjecture.

This will 100% surely drive more players to try harder for the mount, meaning more sales in tokens being an inevitable result. Some might buy the mount entirely from tokens, others might use the token to supplement their gold.

People act as if 400 EURO to get up to 5 million from 0 using tokens is some way-out-there number, yet there are dozens of boosting companies working for over a decade by now selling rare shit in this game. Many of whom are the ones to insta-cap rare mounts/items on the BMAH. And let's not forget the TCG mounts, I know for a fact that they're still peddling Spectral Tiger loot codes, and those are worth 1300+ USD as of this moment.

Now consider if the player already has 2 million, 3 million... Not far-fetched to think they'd supplement as they see their goal getting a time limit on it.

It's a smart move. Scummy, predatory, but smart. And why shouldn't they, it works. Even Day of Dragons still has sponsors and people making excuses left right and center.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-11-22 at 02:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's so easy to see through this, then it won't affect you, because clearly you will be smart enough not to fall for this.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking about more and more people getting it in the future because of inflation, like it happened with the yak mount. They can't take the mount away from people who already have it, so the best thing they can do is to limit the access to it.
    I really dont think inflation will increase that much. I dont think ive even seen a spider mount in the wild still

It's not "common sense", it's conjecture.

This will 100% surely drive more players to try harder for the mount, meaning more sales in tokens being an inevitable result. Some might buy the mount entirely from tokens, others might use the token to supplement their gold.

It's a smart move. Scummy, predatory, but smart. And why shouldn't they, it works. Even Day of Dragons still has sponsors and people making excuses left right and center.
    You don't even have to buy it in one sitting, you can buy 2-3 tokens per month. That's not much, right? Like a nicer dinner or paying movie tickets and snacks for friends...