Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It's not "common sense", it's conjecture.

This will 100% surely drive more players to try harder for the mount, meaning more sales in tokens being an inevitable result. Some might buy the mount entirely from tokens, others might use the token to supplement their gold.

People act as if 400 EURO to get up to 5 million from 0 using tokens is some way-out-there number, yet there are dozens of boosting companies working for over a decade by now selling rare shit in this game. Many of whom are the ones to insta-cap rare mounts/items on the BMAH. And let's not forget the TCG mounts, I know for a fact that they're still peddling Spectral Tiger loot codes, and those are worth 1300+ USD as of this moment.

Now consider if the player already has 2 million, 3 million... Not far-fetched to think they'd supplement as they see their goal getting a time limit on it.

It's a smart move. Scummy, predatory, but smart. And why shouldn't they, it works. Even Day of Dragons still has sponsors and people making excuses left right and center.
    The whales already have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    You basically give the reason why Blizzard is doing this in your own comment.

Tons of people weren't able to afford the yak in MoP but were then able to afford it later.

The same will be the case with the AH mount. Which means having your own AH mount will be the standard for most people. Making it harder to obtain is a way of counteracting this.
    So what? No, really.

My 2cents on the matter.

If you never planned on buying it there is no reason to complain. This category of people annoys me the most personally they are just shit-stirrers.

If plan on buying it, i can only assume that you been working towards this goal since you found out about, or at least you been working towards it before this announcement. Also you have at least 1 year(12months) to make progress towards it, and since we are talking about 7digit number i can only assume that you know a little more about the basics of gold earning (AKA new patch is incoming with new shit in it that will sell for stupid gold in the first weeks of the patch). Any self-respecting gold earner capitalises on that, and you make SERIOUS headway.

On the assumption that this decision was taken to increase the usage of tokens. Its already increased after blizzcon, makes no sense to make that call now, id understand it if it was near the end of their earnings quarter. And even it is that, do you really feel this forced to spent an amount of gold in the mid-3digit numbers for a MOUNT? if the answer is yes, you need help with the state of your relationship with the internet.

You can argue, that you want the option to be there, well there still is in BMAH-which i know is far from ideal. But most thing in this game are compulsions and desires, we set goals in this game and we set timeframes on our selves for these goals, if anyone is serious about buying this mount, either already has, or this announcement didnt even bother them.
    ''Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities'' ~Voltaire
    ''As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.'' ~Dickmann's Law
    ''No life is worth living if we can't be true to our nature'' ~Baine Bloodhoof

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Depending on starting BMAH price it might just be cheaper in a few years in fact. The whales will already have bought it.
    Just as other BMAH items have become cheaper?
    Doubtful.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't aware that you run a registry of World of Warcraft whales which tracks their mount purchases.

Seriously, I'mma stop entertaining the people defending this.
    It's pretty much contrarians and pathological Blizzard defenders.
    There is no good reason for this, nor did anybody really ask for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    My thinking too, people going nuts over a mount.. But yes this is MMO-C where you are not one of the club. unless one bitches about every little thing that Blizzard do..

The funny thing is, is that the mount is not being removed per se it is just going to the BMAH, so it will still be obtainable for those completionists out there..

And one last thing gotta love how the OP changed the title of this thread to a more sensationalist title.. lol
    This is what the thread title was before.. lol

12:44 PM

They are turning the Caravan Brutosaur into a FOS (unobtainable with 9.0).
    A thread with that title was up simultaneously. I assume that the mods merged the threads, and in the end, all the threads about this matter got that title.

So no, the OP didn't change the title of the thread for the sake of sensationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Couple things...

If anyone thinks this is to "boost token sales", then they are dumb. Period. At current prices, it takes 27 tokens to do it. 27x$20 = $540. Only fools would spend that much.
    This is an extremely stupid comment, like completely oblivious (which pairs so well with aggression). Are you brand new to this hobby? Is this the only game you play? The term whale exists for a reason and they are not that rare.

Seriously, I'mma stop entertaining the people defending this.
    It’s for the best, it’s difficult to hold a conversation with people who have literally no standards whatsoever.
    Last edited by Merin; 2019-11-22 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I gave you one and you ignored it. You are not interested in a discussion.

Doubtful.
    Other BMAH items aren't things that are available now for 5 million gold. They're usually low drop mounts or transmog that has been removed from the game. Why would someone with 10 million gold wait 1 year for it to be on the BMAH and then bid 10 million gold on it? He's just gonna get the mount now if he wants it. I've repeated this several times in this thread and you people can not come up with an argument against that, so I'm out.

Keep trashing Blizzard for the dumbest reason possible while there are literally a million better reasons to trash Blizzard for.

My thinking too, people going nuts over a mount.. But yes this is MMO-C where you are not one of the club. unless one bitches about every little thing that Blizzard do..

The funny thing is, is that the mount is not being removed per se it is just going to the BMAH, so it will still be obtainable for those completionists out there..

And one last thing gotta love how the OP changed the title of this thread to a more sensationalist title.. lol
    This is what the thread title was before.. lol

12:44 PM

They are turning the Caravan Brutosaur into a FOS (unobtainable with 9.0).
    I did no such thing "lol", my thread was merged into another one, "lol". They went with the other thread's title, which I'd say excuses Blizzard's hand in this, "lol".

And I'm amazed that people are lumping me in with the crowd that bitches about everything. I'm one of the posters being called "fanboy" most often on these forums and have been since I became a member because I WON'T shit on Blizzard over every little decision.

This however, is not defensible, yet some of you attempt it. If they see that this works, bet your ass it'll be extended upon.

Other BMAH items aren't things that are available now for 5 million gold. They're usually low drop mounts or transmog that has been removed from the game. Why would someone with 10 million gold wait 1 year for it to be on the BMAH and then bid 10 million gold on it? He's just gonna get the mount now if he wants it. I've repeated this several times in this thread and you people can not come up with an argument against that, so I'm out.

Keep trashing Blizzard for the dumbest reason possible while there are literally a million better reasons to trash Blizzard for.
    Oh, so I need to accept your reasoning, even though it really has no substance- no merit, or it's not a discussion?
    Thanks for telling me that. Means I can let you play your little chess game with yourself or other people who are interested in a wall that screams "but rarity."

Trashing them over predatory business models seems like a perfectly legit approach. It began with store mounts being willy-nilly removed and announced as such to push purchases. Now we're at in-game goldsink mounts being removed. Where does it have to end up before YOU deem it "a better reason"...?

On populated servers the BMAH rarest items (Zulian Tiger, Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent etc) are INSTANTLY gold-capped by RMT-companies camping the BMAH for their real money customers, or by the most dedicated whales (at least they might be using gold generated in-game).

Some manage to snag the items at a lower rate from less populated servers, but the more serious boosting companies will have campers on as many servers as they can manage. You not understanding how things work =/= there's no argument.

I did no such thing "lol", my thread was merged into another one, "lol". They went with the other thread's title, which I'd say excuses Blizzard's hand in this, "lol".

And I'm amazed that people are lumping me in with the crowd that bitches about everything. I'm one of the posters being called "fanboy" most often on these forums and have been since I became a member because I WON'T shit on Blizzard over every little decision.

This however, is not defensible, yet some of you attempt it. If they see that this works, bet your ass it'll be extended upon.
    Perhaps some people need some stimulation in their lives, so regardless of which position is least favorable, they'll take it, just so they get to argue.

Perhaps some people need some stimulation in their lives, so regardless of which position is least favorable, they'll take it, just so they get to argue.
    Yeah, it's amazing to see.
    This has people generally positive towards Blizzard react. If that ain't a sign that maybe it's not good to some, then they're beyond help, literally the crowd enabling this behaviour from gaming companies.

Yeah, it's amazing to see.
    This has people generally positive towards Blizzard react. If that ain't a sign that maybe it's not good to some, then they're beyond help, literally the crowd enabling this behaviour from gaming companies.
    I mean, even among the people I spoke to that already own the Brutosaur, there's a split. A few are happy- or gloating. Plenty of them also think this is a ridiculous move. Of course, this is anecdotal, but the fact that I can find people in the groups that would supposedly "benefit" from this change criticizing Blizzard over it says something.

At least, it does to me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty much contrarians and pathological Blizzard defenders.

- - - Updated - - -

A thread with that title was up simultaneously. I assume that the mods merged the threads, and in the end, all the threads about this matter got that title.

So no, the OP didn't change the title of the thread for the sake of sensationalism.
    Ahh k wondered why when I clicked on it again, it went to a differently titled thread..

People complaining about having to buy tokens and here I sit happily waiting for when it gets posted on the BMAH so I can get it for cheaper than vendor price.
    Also not sure why people feel such a need to have this mount. It has an AH attachment, but other than that you can get a Traveler’s Mammoth for like 10k or a Grand Yak for 500k that has repair and vendor.
    That said, I’m not defending Blizzard as I don’t really care about their choice, just pointing out the obvious and wondering why everyone immediately jumps on the “big bad Blizz must sell tokens and be bad guys. Rawr!”

Ahh k wondered why when I clicked on it again, it went to a differently titled thread..
    I can understand being confused. I probably only realized because I knew there was a thread up with that exact same title. Could've used a little more of a heads-up by the mods, probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    People complaining about having to buy tokens and here I sit happily waiting for when it gets posted on the BMAH so I can get it for cheaper than vendor price.
    Also not sure why people feel such a need to have this mount. It has an AH attachment, but other than that you can get a Traveler’s Mammoth for like 10k or a Grand Yak for 500k that has repair and vendor.
    That said, I’m not defending Blizzard as I don’t really care about their choice, just pointing out the obvious and wondering why everyone immediately jumps on the “big bad Blizz must sell tokens and be bad guys. Rawr!”
    This is assuming that it'll even go up on the BMAH for lower than vendor price. They could put it up for a 5M starting price, then only let it climb to cap from there.

And the reason people are jumping to sleaziness as a conclusion is because even in the post where the (admittedly unfortunate) CM had to reveal the truth about the Brutosaur after BfA, there was nothing to rationalize it. No justification, no motivation, no nothing. Only a joke about dinosaur extinction to try and lighten the mood beforehand because they were well-aware that there was going to be a shitstorm.

With no reasons given and none conceivable that won't falter under the scantest bit of scrutiny, people are likely to jump to corporate antics. This is not the first time Blizzard has done this. The store mount going away bundle had very much the same air of pushing a sense of urgency, and it was called out back then. At some point, people are going to get wary.

Doubtful.
    You definitely can, one of my money makers is xferring to dead servers to farm the BMAH in BFA.
    Usually pick up TGC pets for ~50k which sell for double that minimum got a X-52 rocket for 100k which sold for 1m on that same server on the regular AH.

If the reserves low there will be opportunities to get a cheaper one if you actually wanted in.

I really wanted this mount, so I bought it the moment I got to Boralus before starting to level on release day.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Then why merge the thread at all and give ammunition to some of the community, by lumping it in with a thread with such a title.. And well in the end I don't much care for the mount, for one I have much better things to spend my gold on, and two I have the yak mount that suits my needs anyway..
    One last thing I do find it interesting that you think I was aiming that post at you..

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    You definitely can, one of my money makers is xferring to dead servers to farm the BMAH in BFA.
    Usually pick up TGC pets for ~50k which sell for double that minimum got a X-52 rocket for 100k which sold for 1m on that same server on the regular AH.

If the reserves low there will be opportunities to get a cheaper one if you actually wanted in.

I really wanted this mount, so I bought it the moment I got to Boralus before starting to level on release day.
    True, you could go to low-pop/dead servers and get a fairly reasonable price.
    But that idea goes to the mists a little if the starting price is still 5M.

At which point- why not just keep it on the vendor to begin with? And that's really what it comes down to: why not just keep it on the vendor. It's a change that benefits virtually no one, and there would be no hassle if they hadn't decided on this change in the first place.

This was such unnecessary stirring of the pot that people are naturally going to raise a brow at it and suspect corporate reasoning behind it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand being confused. I probably only realized because I knew there was a thread up with that exact same title. Could've used a little more of a heads-up by the mods, probably.
    Yeah I was stumped at first to WTH was going on, and why I thought that the thread title had been changed by the OP..

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Even as somebody who has always had enough gold to buy it I have never wanted it. Sucks for people who collect mounts though.
    Same. I don't care much about the mount either- more so the principle, and how arbitrary this feels.

I'm generally against stuff being removed (although I know it's technically not really gone forever). Specifically, in this case, I've always felt it was good that there was an ability for people to save up long-term, even if they weren't major gold makers, to get something an expansion, maybe two expansions down the line. It was another way to incentivize people.

And by the time those people got their Brutosaurs, the gold barons would already be running around on 2-5 of the new gold sink mounts that the newer expansions offered.