Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    People thinking a multi billion dollar company is removing a mount in the hopes of baiting a handful of individuals into buying a total of a few thousand dollars worth of WoW tokens are delusional. They may be removing it because few people are interacting with the content (i.e. buying it in-game) and believe it has failed as a gold dump, or for some other reason, but people who believe that there was a board room meeting where Bobby Kotick sat the WoW dev team down and said, "Find a way to sell more WoW tokens... or else!" are so fucking delusional they need to check themselves in.

I guess FFXIV must be literally satan incarnate because they remove ALL event and holiday mounts (the holidays are pretty short, too) and make them solely obtainable through the in-game shop.

B-b-but FFXIV is the better game a-and Yoshi P c-cares about us!

Everyone that has common sense and has had a real job in big a company is a shill!
    Seriously???? you are just copy pasting your post from one page back? you probably didn't even write this to begin with did you...can spamming the same thing on this forum over and over again be reported?...

Oh dear, Blizzard just can't win anymore. Someone will always twist things to make it look like they are the devil incarnate.

If they add mounts to the shop =

Forums: OMG how dare they want to make money!!! It is unprecedented that companies need to make money!!!

If they remove mounts from the shop (announcing it a bloody year beforehand) =

Forums: OMG how dare they make this one mount that maybe 0,01% of the playerbase got till now actually rare!!!

And as someone else has already pointed out, if this announcement boosts the token sales then it just means that people are stupid enough to buy 5 Million Gold with reallife money, hardly Blizzards fault that people are this wasteful with their money.

There are companies that make billions of selling you cancer in neat little sticks. I suggest you direct your anger towards actually evil corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Blizzard does something dumb to fuck over their players. Shocker.....
    You mean Blizzard does something and you're outraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Seriously???? you are just copy pasting your post from one page back? you probably didn't even write this to begin with did you...can spamming the same thing on this forum over and over again be reported?...
    Ellipses and a ton of question marks. Seriously high IQ stuff, my guy. Respond to the content in my post, bud.

Good on Blizzard. They need to start adding in more expansion specific rewards.

The hate bandwagon is low on fuel to go rabid about something like this ? Then what ? "Blizzard release new patch, forcing players to resub to do content !!!11!!" ?

It's hilarious and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, that's ridiculous. It may be affordable but it's not chump change. You are moving in rarefied circles if someone has $550 bucks to toss into a game for a mount. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but that's a lot of money for most people.
    I guess that's certainly possible.
    But I know at least 15-20 people (real life friends and online acquaintances) who bought lvl60 max level classic characters for similar prices and logged on for two weeks only to abandon them after Ragnaros kills. It's anecdotal and naturally not the norm, but $540 bucks is still relatively cheap for a "hobby expenditure".
    In comparison a pair of racing pedals for my bike are about $450 and I wouldn't really think twice about the purchase.

For everyone who doesnt understand the problem: blizzard is not trying to push sells on the tokens.

For a substantial time now we have a very bad trend in inflation going on in wow.
    You ever asked yourself why everything is so fucking expensive?
    Because everyone of you idiots stockpiles the cash.

The longboi was an attempt to remove gold from the market to make things affordable again by just playing the game.
    If you want to raid or something the costs are just too expensive to be done without explizit gold farming. And people don't want to farm gold.

The 5 million (and all other costy mounts) was an attempt to remove gold from the pool but unfortunately nobody bought that stuff because "it'S just oo expensive (even though i am sitting on 3 million gold i am never going to use)"

That'S why they have to create artificial scarcity: you should spend gold on the wow vendors because we need to get rid of it so that the market can regulate itself.

Guess why we got the tokens in the first place? Nobody could afford the basic stuff so they had to give us an option to get gold without actually playing because...nobody likes farming gold

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    It's only $500 if you don't have the gold, that's only like 1/10 of an average folk's salary. Stop whining and get on with it. If you are that poor you shouldn't even be thinking about getting the mount. Stop using your "principles" as an excuse for your incompetency or laziness. If you are poor or don't wanna grind for it, don't think about it. Be realistic.
    If they release Shadowlands in a year, I think I can buy one a fortnight until then and easily be able to afford the Brutosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    You know you dont have to agree with everything a company does, right? Even if you use their product.
    Because this change affect nobody. Those who wanted the mount already have it and those who don't... Why do they care ?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    I guess that's certainly possible.
    But I know at least 15-20 people (real life friends and online acquaintances) who bought lvl60 max level classic characters for similar prices and logged on for two weeks only to abandon them after Ragnaros kills. It's anecdotal and naturally not the norm, but $540 bucks is still relatively cheap for a "hobby expenditure".
    In comparison a pair of racing pedals for my bike are about $450 and I wouldn't really think twice about the purchase.
    The thing is it's $540 on something you won't actually own. Just a digital item that still belongs to Blizzard. Complete and utter waste of money in my opinion. Like the saying goes "A fool and his money are easily parted"
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2019-11-22 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    Guess why we got the tokens in the first place? Nobody could afford the basic stuff so they had to give us an option to get gold without actually playing because...nobody likes farming gold
    Partially true. They also wanted to put a dent in illegal gold sellers and give players a safe way to buy gold without having their accounts compromised. Not saying you're wrong but this also is true. And in fact, it seems to have worked to some extent.

Whether anyone approves of it or not there's always been a market for buying gold. Blizzard created a secure way to do it and created opportunities for people to pay their subscriptions and other items without the need to spend cash. The token system exists in other MMO's under different names including those with subscriptions. EVE Online has had something like this for years.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Looking at this thread, it's almost like blizzard did this to get the frothing brainlets to crawl out of their hiding to provide entertainment.

Or you can just save your gold and wait for the super-crazy-expensive mount that will be in Shadowland that will most likely be better.... like we've had in every expac since MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a very narrow-minded way of seeing things, to most players this is borderline "unobtainable" to them considering the 5 million gold price.
    So from the start it was a mount only for the 1% of the playerbase, making it only obtainable at BMAH will make it a mount for the 0.1%.
    OK. For the 1%. Got it.
    ...is a slap to the face to the majority of players that dont treat WoW like an economy class simulator.
    Who again is being slapped in the face? Is that the majority of that 1% or what?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Couple things...

If anyone thinks this is to "boost token sales", then they are dumb. Period. At current prices, it takes 27 tokens to do it. 27x$20 = $540. Only fools would spend that much.

Second, yes this is a stupid move on Blizzard's part. They know some of us save up to buy these things but now they have to use artificial scarcity yto take that away. What has been one of the chief complaints about WoW? Removing things that do not need to be removed. With the exception of the old CM Dungeons and things like the Mage Tower, if they put it in the game it needs to stay in the game.
    The only stupids here are people that still care about pixel mounts in a game.

If it wasn’t for events and some “embedded in achievements” mounts I would probably still have only the standard race + wyvern mount since TBC.

As someone who has the Brutosaur already, this is a stupid change and sets a bad precedent for things going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I haven't bought AH in my garrison in WOD, guess I won't buy the AH mount now.

Parking a mule / banker alt at some AH that is close to a mailbox is my welfare brutosaur. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to disagree on that, remember when they "removed" some bunch of old helmets from the cash shop nobody really bought in the last 5 years? And packaged it as some "discounted" goodbye bundle? Same story, they just tried to resell stuff everyone forgot about long ago.
    There's a difference between taking something out of the game in order to make money off tokens and increased rush to "earn" it before it disappears, and taking something that was already on the cash shop and re-branding it.

There is literally no reason to remove the Tallboi. The gold cost already serves as a barrier to establish exclusivity. Blizzard knows that the months between now and Shadowlands are going to be sparse. They have no other new IP or titles going to release in the following months either. Hearthstone and HotS aren't going to keep them flush, and investor confidence is low.

They KNOW things are going to be slim until they can finish Shadowlands or OW2. Classic doesn't have cash shop mounts, and doesn't really have much besides a handful of raids left, with no TBC announcement either.

So creating false scarcity by announcing the removal of the the Brutosaur will give a small boost. This goes in with things like the pre-order of Shadowlands, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6 month or 12 month sub bundle soon as well.

That is a very narrow-minded way of seeing things, to most players this is borderline "unobtainable" to them considering the 5 million gold price.
    So from the start it was a mount only for the 1% of the playerbase, making it only obtainable at BMAH will make it a mount for the 0.1%.

Most players would like to have an end goal to work towards (finally making enough gold for the brutosaurus-mount) and just taking it away and making it only obtainable through the BMAH where it most likely will be much more expensive than 5million gold is a slap to the face to the majority of players that dont treat WoW like an economy class simulator.
    No it doesn't. Most player don't care about this mount at all and those who care already have it. People are just upset they're never gonna get a mount that they don't intend to have in the first place, just for the sake of ranting against Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    The only stupids here are people that still care about pixel mounts in a game.
    When mounts are more and more often being moved into the cash shop instead of being available to earn in-game, every mount that's taken out of the game is a problem. Especially when the best-looking mounts that have clearly been given the most love from the art team are cash-shop items.

This is a bad precedent. Blizzard claimed at Blizzcon that actions speak louder than words....then do something like this. It's embarrassing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    No it doesn't. Most player don't care about this mount at all and those who care already have it. People are just upset they're never gonna get a mount that they don't intend to have in the first place, just for the sake of ranting against Blizzard.
    That might be true if this was a solitary occurrence. But it's just one more thing in a long line.

If people are ranting against Blizzard, it's for good reason.