Thread: Frozen 2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Received a 83 on rotten tomatoes. Critics are saying it isn't anywhere close to the first Frozen. but we know not to trust the critics -looks at Joker and Maleficent 2 Audience score compared to critic score-
    So what conspiracy are you pushing in re: critics now? That it's just as good as the first one because critics HAVE to be wrong?

They've been uploading the songs recently, and so far I love them.

Into The Unknown:

Into The Unknown (Panic! At the Disco version):

Show Yourself:

Ah, it's because the soundtrack has been released.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2019-11-16 at 05:53 PM.

I enjoyed the movie, won't spoil it though.

If it's good then it'll be the first good Disney sequel in history. They used to go straight to video for a reason.

Received a 83 on rotten tomatoes. Critics are saying it isn't anywhere close to the first Frozen. but we know not to trust the critics -looks at Joker and Maleficent 2 Audience score compared to critic score-
    I mean you don't need any examples to state that nobody should listen to rotten tomatoes. That has literally always been the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If it's good then it'll be the first good Disney sequel in history. They used to go straight to video for a reason.
    Didn't Ralph Breaks the Internet turn out pretty good?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I think it did well, it certainly seemed to please my nephew, who I saw it with.

But compared to the first one, it just seemed too gimmicky. Sorta like Ready PLayer One, Ralph breaks the Internet just tried to cram every reference and nostalgia trip in one movie and made it feel kinda disjointed.

Well I haven't seen that one, but when people say "Disney films" I still think of traditional Disney films rather than what are effectively Pixar films being made under the Disney banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well I haven't seen that one, but when people say "Disney films" I still think of traditional Disney films rather than what are effectively Pixar films being made under the Disney banner.
    But...doesn't that describe Frozen?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So what conspiracy are you pushing in re: critics now? That it's just as good as the first one because critics HAVE to be wrong?
    What the hell is your problem? What a post to see when I return to the thread.

On topic: The movie was very, very good. Much better than the first. Every single song is going to be a classic. This will probably be the highest grossing animated film of all time. So many emotions!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

What the hell is your problem? What a post to see when I return to the thread.

On topic: The movie was very, very good. Much better than the first. Every single song is going to be a classic. This will probably be the highest grossing animated film of all time. So many emotions!!
    I kinda regret buying the soundtrack before I've even seen the movie, because I feel like a lot of the song spoil some of the plotlines a bit. It's gonna be painful for me to wait for it to release on home media, because I just don't feel like going to theatres anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    This was never going to be able to stand on its own merits after the first one became a critical darling, but im still in the camp it didnt really need a sequel. Besides, i still sing ari no mama de at work like everyday and what could honestly beat that?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Its more like, critics are typically mentally ill and can't seem to sit down and enjoy something without trying to think up, in some cases, a conspiracy that a bunch of people are going to go on killing sprees because they can't get pussy.

Never trust reviewers. They're too far gone, mentally ill and huffing each others farts. Audience score is the only thing that matters.

Lets take a few examples.

Movie ----------- Critic - Audience

Frozen -------------- 75, 95
    Joker ---------------- 69, 88
    Malificen ------------ 41, 95
    Gemini Man -------- 26, 83
    Rambo Last Blood - 27, 83

It isn't a coincidence that this keeps happening. They are disconnected from reality. They've created their own culture by isolating themselves from people they deem beneath them, which are the people that actually matter - movie goers, gamers and so on.

As said before, the only conspiracy going on are ones peddled by these deranged lunatics, who think that because a guy with red hair shot up a movie theater almost a decade ago, that somehow this means that an army of incels is going to march to nearby movie theaters and start gunning people down.

This is Alex Jones levels of lunacy. If Alex Jones said this you would be laughing, instead, its people considered smart and reliable.

Don't trust movie critics, ever.

Gemini Man and Rambo Last Blood were fucking awful - I don't know what you're trying to prove there. That the mass audiences have shitty taste?

*shrugs*
    Transformers movies should say it all...audiences throw millions at the franchise until "Bumblebee" came out. And unlike the drek, that particular was actually pretty damn good.

But...doesn't that describe Frozen?
    Frozen is sort of a middle ground - it's Pixar-esque in some ways but it seems more like a modernised Disney film to me.

Basically if it's about princesses then it's a Disney film :P

Since critics are notorious for hating on sequels, they're even less relevant here.

I personally like the trailer

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like a film for children, because it is a film for children, therefor the only reviews I care about for this film are children. By extension people might say no it's for families.

I would say yes, but it's targeting children, so the only review I need to worry about or care about is if children enjoyed themselves.

That said, Rambo was a POS and most people online reviewing are fucking trolls with an agenda. Critics most certainly can be on the take, the only difference is that a verifiable and credible critic is going to back up their critique with sound reason.

Typically void from most public reviews.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I took my daughter to the movies and she loved it. She was a bit scared with some scenes, because it is a bit darker than the original.

But the movie rocks, and i recommend it!

By the way, Brendon Urie probably does one of his best performances ever with the Frozen 2 main theme:

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Its more like, critics are typically mentally ill and can't seem to sit down and enjoy something without trying to think up, in some cases, a conspiracy that a bunch of people are going to go on killing sprees because they can't get pussy.

Never trust reviewers. They're too far gone, mentally ill and huffing each others farts. Audience score is the only thing that matters.

Lets take a few examples.

Movie ----------- Critic - Audience

Frozen -------------- 75, 95
    Joker ---------------- 69, 88
    Malificen ------------ 41, 95
    Gemini Man -------- 26, 83
    Rambo Last Blood - 27, 83

It isn't a coincidence that this keeps happening. They are disconnected from reality. They've created their own culture by isolating themselves from people they deem beneath them, which are the people that actually matter - movie goers, gamers and so on.

As said before, the only conspiracy going on are ones peddled by these deranged lunatics, who think that because a guy with red hair shot up a movie theater almost a decade ago, that somehow this means that an army of incels is going to march to nearby movie theaters and start gunning people down.

This is Alex Jones levels of lunacy. If Alex Jones said this you would be laughing, instead, its people considered smart and reliable.

Don't trust movie critics, ever.
    I mean, I think the real force at work is how many films they see, and their depth of knowledge about the subject. Their experience of a film is different from the general audience's, and I have no idea how that could change. Personally I follow critics whose taste runs similar to mine, the aggregate scores just don't mean that much to me.

As for Frozen 2, my girlfriend dragged me to it and man it was so boring. The songs were tepid, the plot dragged, and I wanted a nap. Thought the first one was just okay though, so your mileage may vary.