Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Take your calculator.

How much do you think you need gold per day to actually buy it. Without action magic or tokens it's impossible even now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    I love how they explain it away as, "dinosaurs are dying," but hey... All the other dinosaur mounts are not being removed.

Cowards.
    They gave some lore flavour to the explanation. They knew there would be haters like you but they still did it. Yet you posted your wrong opinion on a fan website. Who's the fucking coward again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

OP apparently thinks there will be a huge number increase in people that will now get the mount before they cant

i doubt it, the average player has maybe 100-150k gold and it seems very unlikely they will buy this many tokens just for the mount

the ways people go to make a awful burn on the company is ridiculous

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Take your calculator.

How much do you think you need gold per day to actually buy it. Without action magic or tokens it's impossible even now.
    maybe dont spend all your gold on all kinds of stuff and actually save it?

if you would have farmed herbs or something for a while you could have had enough gold already, and farming herbs is arguably one of the least efficient ways to gather gold
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I wasn't aware that you run a registry of World of Warcraft whales which tracks their mount purchases.

Seriously, I'mma stop entertaining the people defending this.
    That is wise. Admit your wrong and then refrain from further comments .
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a desperate attempt to reset economy to shadowlands release
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

maybe dont spend all your gold on all kinds of stuff and actually save it?

if you would have farmed herbs or something for a while you could have had enough gold already, and farming herbs is arguably one of the least efficient ways to gather gold
    15 500 per day. How much % people in world of warcraft do it?

Maybe... 5%. And it's usually something shady as action house or boss kill sell
    Last edited by Artelia; 2019-11-22 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Funny thing is. If you bite the bullet, and buy it now, it'll cost you 500 bucks. But if you decide to farm it with your numbers and pay 12 months of sub that you wouldn't otherwise in this trashy expack possibly in the biggest draught ever (good luck selling anything), that'll cost you 12 months of sub. So you'll pay 12x15= 180 bucks (156 if 2x6 months) anyways. And it's not even guaranteed that you will succeed in time, so you might have to finish it with tokens after all.
    But then of course Shadowlands prepatch will come sooner, in 9 months max I'd say.
    Rumours say 15 months minimum. This announcement points to a delay to SL. We already have rumours it is delayed.
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You mean Blizzard does something and you're outraged.
    To be outraged i would have to give a shit. Blizzard doesn't need you to stand up for it Mr. white knight.

Rumours say 15 months minimum. This announcement points to a delay to SL. We already have rumours it is delayed.
    Sure, why not. It'll be EZPZ to make gold in a content drought wasteland.

Dont care and dont see the issue.

If you were working for the mount before, you still have many many months left. 5m definitely isnt as much as people make it out to be, especially if you have multiple chars.

Its a ugly mount anyway that just like the Yak and Shop Mammoths never will see any other use than for its Vendors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I mean, even among the people I spoke to that already own the Brutosaur, there's a split. A few are happy- or gloating. Plenty of them also think this is a ridiculous move. Of course, this is anecdotal, but the fact that I can find people in the groups that would supposedly "benefit" from this change criticizing Blizzard over it says something.

At least, it does to me.
    What benifit is there from this change AND already owning the mount. There is prestige. OK. There is one. What other benifits? 15 to economics students would know the bmah price would I intially be lower than vendor initially. What re the benifits?
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I get your point but it seems to me that it's largely irrelevant since the mount is in the game for another year (clearly announced as such) and if anyone wants to buy tokens for it, it would make more sense, if the mount is truly important to the player, to farm gold for the next months and buy the needed remaining tokens in October-November of 2020 rather than now.
    I didn't mean to imply that this was an attempt to make a short-term rush to get the mount. You actually explained what I was trying to get across: A long-term boost in activity, combined with other events or tactics, over the following year until they can get their other titles or releases up and running.

Honestly, the entire practice of removing these sorts of things to create a false sense of exclusivity and FOMO has always been something I've disagreed with. Anything from Mage Tower skins, to mounts, or whatever else. I understand that there are some arguments with merit for creating limited edition things. The problem I have is with the way that Blizzard does it to exploit FOMO rather than any sort of healthier method.

A seasonal system is much better, IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Brutosaur is just moved to the BMAH and will still be obtainable.
    The BMAH is bad on so many levels. That's not a good solution at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    15 500 per day. How much % people in world of warcraft do it?

Maybe... 5%. And it's usually something shady as action house or boss kill sell
    Gold making benchmark right now is 20k an hour. If you take herb/mining and gather for 1 hour every day, you will have your 5M before 9.0 drops. The problem is that average player has no patience for that.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Probably I simply don’t see ANY issue because my interest in mounts is very close to zero. I use them to go from A to B as fast as I can and that’s all. Being them a bug or a Ferrari really makes no difference to me.
    Replace "Mounts" with any kind of reward that encourages players to go into the game and challenge themselves, or work towards a goal in order to get. Because taking those sorts of things out of the game means one less reason for players to play.

Just because you don't care about something doesn't mean it isn't an important part of the game.

Mount equipment
    Water strider to not work on broken isles - got reverted, not because they suddenly changed their minds
    So you're wrong. Thanks for the confirmation. It isn't yearly, just when blizzard makes you angry
    why so mad bro

And how do indie Dev companies survive? Make awesome games that allow a limited no of players to pay them. What happens when they are super awesome? Let Blizzards history tell you.
    Team Cherry; Hollow Knight is a great example of a small team making an amazing game and doing well.

Besides which, you entirely missed the point, which was to make fun of how people still view Blizzard as some kind of small passionate team that really and truly does just care about making a good game.....instead of being a maassive world-wide corporate greed-fueled juggernaut that will do just about anything to keep pushing profits forward.

If you think Blizzard is "Super-Awesome", you might want to clarify your definition a bit, since it applies in a very specific sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    To be outraged i would have to give a shit. Blizzard doesn't need you to stand up for it Mr. white knight.
    I've heard this before from the countless butthurt addicts that the decision doesn't affect anyway. If you're just going to be so toxic why dont you just go back to Classic?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, why not. It'll be EZPZ to make gold in a content drought wasteland.
    I sense you disagree with the notion of a rumour.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...wlands-in-2021

Apologise line a man. You are wrong
    why so mad bro

So you're wrong. Thanks for the confirmation. It isn't yearly, just when blizzard makes you angry

I'm wondering if you've noticed at all that I'm not even the guy who first suggested that yearly thing........................ But surely I am the angry one.

Not sure how can something like this cause so much "sand in your vagina". If you cared so much about a mount, you'd have gotten it by now. If you dont't care, this doesn't affect you. This topic's existance is very weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Couple things...

If anyone thinks this is to "boost token sales", then they are dumb. Period. At current prices, it takes 27 tokens to do it. 27x$20 = $540. Only fools would spend that much.

Second, yes this is a stupid move on Blizzard's part. They know some of us save up to buy these things but now they have to use artificial scarcity yto take that away. What has been one of the chief complaints about WoW? Removing things that do not need to be removed. With the exception of the old CM Dungeons and things like the Mage Tower, if they put it in the game it needs to stay in the game.
    You should look up the definition of whales, they are everywhere in all games. And they generate the most profit in f2p games. This is Blizzard double dipping, they get monthly money from the regular player and also making things scarce to get whale money. win-win for them.