Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Artificial scarcity on a 500 dollar in-game virtual gold sink is truly capitalism in video games at it's best.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember one time Ion said in a Q&A something close to that "We don't make decisions based on financial influence, we just want to make a good game"

I, and everyone watching, and everyone in every Twitch stream, laughed our fucking asses off.
    Hahaha. I think I might defend blizzard too much but I also think I would have laughed. Tbh, I bet the developers think that but they don't make decisions. People are super wrong when it comes to decisions that blizzard make. Devs make no decisions. I know. I am actually a Dev myself.

Devs are basically the janitors in an it company. Others point, Devs do. Of course pay is good and we aren't actual janitors but most Devs are on bottom rungs. Why do you think the term code monkey exists?

Point of order.
    Today I found a bug that takes the UTC time and adds the am\pm to it. Problem is that it takes am on from computer time. That can lead to 12 hour descrepencies. Obvious bug that I can fix for free. Client s having a meeting about it and it will prob not be fixed because it's too close to release.
    But. Still funny. But the Devs still care and whatsisface is right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Bobby Kotick really needs a gold plated toilet seat for that new yacht he bought i guess..
    Why the fuck not. I assume he is an Infuentil figure in multibillion dollar company and he's had to defend it in some way. Did he do a good job? Not I your opinion. Has the shares gine up or not. Has there been a scandle and the prices remained steady. If so then give him his toilet seat
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    The thing is it's $540 on something you won't actually own. Just a digital item that still belongs to Blizzard.
    Ok Boomer?
    In the age of digital streaming services, cloud hosting and SAAS services, I think we (as in "the humankind") got over this particular complaint... about 10 years ago?
    Yes, everyone knows they're paying for just pixels. I don't think anyone actually cares.
    Last edited by TwoMana; 2019-11-22 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Ok Boomer?
    In the age of digital streaming services, cloud hosting and SAAS services, I think we (as in "the humankind") got over this particular complaint about 10 years ago?
    Yes, everyone knows they're paying for just pixels. I don't think anyone actually cares.
    Boomer? Is this some new insult the kids are using these days?

You're not paying for a service. You're paying for a digital item you don't own.

Like I said, a fool and his money....

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    What a disgusting display of greed.
    Sources please .
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Ok Boomer?
    In the age of digital streaming services, cloud hosting and SAAS services, I think we (as in "the humankind") got over this particular complaint about 10 years ago?
    Honestly, pixels/data files have way more longevity than most things you can own. A car will rust away, a house will need constant maintenance etc. If anything, digital space and pixels are the only valuable possession you can have if you care about longevity. In 500 years almost everything you could buy right now outside the internet/digital age will be deteriorated. 10GB of "useless" digital space will still be usable storage.

Your digital avatar or even profile can be around forever, it will have all the personality you put into it with no expiration date.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-11-22 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Guess what. The EU is sleeping. It's 5:12 am in central EU.
    Stop pretending that eastern Europe is a powerhouse in economics. It all depends on Germany and UK. The countries comparable to the US
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    What you expected? In legion they were talking about stat squish, but they squished gold income from every source in game. This game is dead, do yourself a favour and quit before its too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Honestly, pixels/data files have way more longevity than most things you can own. A car will rust away, a house will need constant maintenance etc. If anything, digital space and pixels are the only valuable possession you can have if you care about longevity. In 500 years almost everything you could buy right now outside the internet/digital age will be deteriorated. 10GB of "useless" digital space will still be usable storage.

Your digital avatar or even profile can be around forever, it will have all the personality you put into it with no expiration date.
    Are you crazy? Pixels are useless, all those things you counted are not.

Kinda hope they revert this, I'm not expectin them to do so, though. Exclussive content feels terrible and actually pushes people away rather than goad them into playing the game, since you make a chore list for your player of stuf they "have" to do, or miss out on the rewards forever. That's how I see it, atleast. I say this as someone who has a fair amount of exclussive items themselves and wouldn't mind if everyone could stil grab those rewards. I mean, extra optional content is never bad (or maybe it rarely is, IDK any examples).

You're not paying for a service. You're paying for a digital item you don't own.

Ok boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Apologise.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...wlands-in-2021
    Honestly apologise. You have been proven wrong on the Internet and as we all know that is a mortal sin.
    I'm not going to apologise. I stand correct there are no rumours just lunatics trying to steer another fake drama.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    This is a good distraction by Blizzard PR to detract all the negative attention away from Shadowlands.
    Why not . Let's distract from the flagship product. How fucking stupid do you have to be to believe this? It's just a simple cash grab for a couple million and to make the mount more prestigious
    why so mad bro

According to wowrarity about 6% of the playerbase have the mount.That's quite a fair bit.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    EU atm has tokens at roughly 200k.

5 mill / 2k = 25

25 x £15 = £375 for this mount.

This isn't a boost for token sales, it's an attempt to get more players in the game during these times pre-expansion notorious for player dropoff, and as a business I see no issue here.

I know it's cool to hate on these guys but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    This is a good distraction by Blizzard PR to detract all the negative attention away from Shadowlands.
    What negative attention? It's been mostly positive. Are you talking about the circlejerk in MMO? Those 12 threads? I am also slightly underwhelmed by SL but stop fucking lying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Welp, that is certainly a new low.
    Explain. Most people think it's. Positive. How I this a low?
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    According to wowrarity about 6% of the playerbase have the mount.That's quite a fair bit.
    That's actually not a lot considering how easy it is to make gold over the last few expansions and the existence of tokens.

Yes, this has been well understood concept for a better part of a decade now.
    Digital cosmetic shops are common in videogames. Everyone gets it.
    You don't have to try to mansplain it

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Not sure how can something like this cause so much "sand in your vagina". If you cared so much about a mount, you'd have gotten it by now. If you dont't care, this doesn't affect you. This topic's existance is very weird to me.
    This is how I feel. I also feel that timed exclusives are fine. I might feel different if this was the only or last gold sink in the game. It is not so it is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    You should look up the definition of whales, they are everywhere in all games. And they generate the most profit in f2p games. This is Blizzard double dipping, they get monthly money from the regular player and also making things scarce to get whale money. win-win for them.
    Whales most likely have already done this. They are typically early adopters of such things.

- - - Updated - - -

But incorrectly you are the one placing a lack of value on what believe has value. Just because you do not think spending $540 on tokens to buy a mount holds any vale doesn't mean others do. The time it would save from traveling back to a city just to mog back into what they were wearing or to mog that item they like but do not wish to use is irreplaceable. Therefore it holds tremendous value.

I'm sure there is something you spend your money on that is outside the realm of survival needs that others can see as a waste of money to them. The street goes both ways in that a fool and his money proverb.

Wait, so an item that is going to cost 20+ tokens is a cash grab? Who in there right mind would do that? If Whales do that then they are the minority and stupid because i know literally no one who would spend that much money on tokens.

Secondly, there is a year left, maybe longer to get the gold to buy it if you're desperate.

Thirdly, if people can't get it and have millions of gold what will they probably spend some of that on? Game time, which is not money in Blizzards pocket.

All anyone does on this forum is cry about everything.

It's nice that not everyone has everything, you have a year to get it if you want it, you do NOT have to buy tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    What you expected? In legion they were talking about stat squish, but they squished gold income from every source in game. This game is dead, do yourself a favour and quit before its too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you crazy? Pixels are useless, all those things you counted are not.
    Funny for a dead game you still care enough to follow it and post about in on a fan forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Wait, so an item that is going to cost 20+ tokens is a cash grab? Who in there right mind would do that? If Whales do that then they are the minority and stupid because i know literally no one who would spend that much money on tokens.

Secondly, there is a year left, maybe longer to get the gold to buy it if you're desperate.

Thirdly, if people can't get it and have millions of gold what will they probably spend some of that on? Game time, which is not money in Blizzards pocket.

All anyone does on this forum is cry about everything.

It's nice that not everyone has everything, you have a year to get it if you want it, you do NOT have to buy tokens.
    Whales are always a minority.

The people outraged seem to be not interested in it or would have worked for it already.

Game time is a premium subscription fee. Each token bough to spend on game time is game time already subsidized by other paying $20 for a months worth of time to sell in game.

It has seemed that way for many years now. It also seems that many of the ones bitching have stopped playing and in many cases haven't played in many expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Stop pretending that eastern Europe is a powerhouse in economics. It all depends on Germany and UK. The countries comparable to the US
    I wasn't suggesting that, and I can't believe I have to explain this to someone who acts like a knowitall. I was suggesting that when this info came out it was late night, so no wonder the EU market couldn't yet react to the prices, because the people were sleeping.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-11-22 at 12:00 PM.