Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Random house is a branch of the US government now? who knew the pentagon was secretly a book maker
    Lol I'm an idiot. I literally just woke up and saw notification. And somehow read Pentagon.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post

I never claimed the DNC bought books. I just asked the question and then I found the government buying books and look at this. The Pentagon spending 65 million on a book deal with obama. What sounds more fishy to you? The 100k from the RNC or the Pentagon spending 65 million?

Edit: read it wrong. Not the Pentagon.
    The Pentagon wasn't mentioned in that article. The book deal was with Penguin Random House, a publishing company.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...n-mystery.html

I never claimed the DNC bought books. I just asked the question and then I found the government buying books and look at this. The Pentagon spending 65 million on a book deal with obama. What sounds more fishy to you? The 100k from the RNC or the Pentagon spending 65 million?
    You know what? I'll bite. If the Pentagon spent 65 million on a book Obama wrote in order to boost it up as a best seller then yes that deserves condemnation.

That being said I have no issue with the RNC buying it even though at least part of the idea was to boost the book to bestseller status. The only thing that deserves ridicule is the RNC saying we didn't buy it bulk! It's so popular we can't keep up!!11two l

EDIT Just saw your correction ahah ignore 1st part ������
    Last edited by Tenlo; 2019-11-22 at 04:07 PM.

Lol I'm an idiot. I literally just woke up and saw notification. And somehow read Pentagon.
    It's okay it happens to the best of us back on topic Don Jr. doesn't hold public office he is just the president's son this is donations from regular people. This is corruption plain and simple there is no whatabout equivalent you can straw men reach for. You would expect this type of shit from North Korea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also according to that article linked The State Department also bought Obama's memoir to give out as Christmas gifts (presumably to staff) and to libraries across the nation. You know, places people go to check out books of their own volition.

Gotta wonder why the RNC is buying books that are blatant and naked propaganda.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Also according to that article linked The State Department also bought Obama's memoir to give out as Christmas gifts (presumably to staff) and to libraries across the nation. You know, places people go to check out books of their own volition.

Gotta wonder why the RNC is buying books that are blatant and naked propaganda.
    Yeh I dont know man. I wouldn't buy Trump Jr's books either. I guess to sell or show at events or something? Never been to a political event but I'm guessing they have a gift shop right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's okay it happens to the best of us back on topic Don Jr. doesn't hold public office he is just the president's son this is donations from regular people. This is corruption plain and simple there is no whatabout equivalent you can straw men reach for. You would expect this type of shit from North Korea.
    Pretending to have just gotten "woke" is one the ongoing schticks. Again this reinforces the Cult Correlation. Cult members often being in a permanent dream-like state. In which they get to conveniently absolve themselves of any responsibility.

This would, no lie, be a huge scandal if Hillary Clinton were president, and Chelsea were the recipient of the DNC’s largess. (Chris Cillizza among many others would certainly have to seek medical attention after four hours).
    But in Trumpworld it will be a one-day story, if that, because there are literally dozens of other ongoing Trump scandals of more significance.
    The key to understanding how all this works is that none of Trump’s supporters care about any aspect whatsoever of his corruption. That whole shooting a guy on Fifth Avenue joke? It’s not a joke:

But for the GOP, it is perhaps the most revealing. Not of the sentiment of the average American — 70 percent of whom believe Trump’s actions regarding Ukraine were “wrong” — but of the Republicans. Because they are well aware that within a slimmed-down Republican Party that has largely excised his enemies and detractors through retirements and election losses, Trump is the only available lodestar.
    And so for them, it doesn’t actually matter what Trump did with regard to Ukrainian military aid: whether he intended to hurt Joe Biden’s presidential hopes, whether he was genuinely concerned about corruption, or whether he did something that constitutes an impeachable offense. Trump is all they’ve got.

All they have is Beloved Leader.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Probably not illegal, but like with Biden's son it should be.
    What specifically did Biden's son do, that has so many of you in an uproar?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Got paid to do nothing on a board for a corrupt company that had no impact, influence, or connection to his father. Unless you buy into the debunked theories that aren't supported by timelines or any evidence that somehow Hunter Biden was involved in Barisma's corruption (which is laughable) and that Biden, acting on orders from Obama and with the support of Senate Republicans and the international community, was acting to "protect" his son by pressuring Ukraine to remove a known corrupt prosecutor who was investigating Barisma.

So...you have to ignore a lot of reality. Pretty much all reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine, after seeing the RNC spending Republican donations on Trump's businesses, rushing in here to shrill "THIS IS FINE THIS IS COMPLETELY OKAY ALSO OBAMA BUT HER EMAAAAAIL!" as if you had to quickly and loudly react to something?

You'd think there'd be a word for that. Hmm.

I wonder if it would also apply to leaving a book signing because someone called you mean names.

Well, congrats RNC, you have a book with a 3.5/5 rating or 3.7/5 rating, the C-minus to C range of literature. Enjoy your mediocrity. I'm sure you'll clutch it to your chest, whispering "I made a good deal, I made a good deal, I made a good deal..." into your tear-stained pillow while other, higher-rated books are widely available but you refuse to read them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I mean, who tries to derail a thread about Don Jr and swing it over to Biden?

A GRU asset seems to be the most obvious answer.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

The point is no one ever makes them say what Hunter did. They just throw out random non specifics like that and adds fuel.

Put them on the spot, make them tell us what he did and what facts they have. Every time.

Demand to know the identity of the person making the accusations they are parroting, like they do with the whistleblower crap.

We need to stop letting them off the hook of just screaming out crazy stuff and not making them explain it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Do you think this is the first time something like this has ever happened?

If the formula is there I doubt Lump Jr is the first to pull this bullshit.
    He is not the first one. It happens in the entertainment industry all the time. Content backed by money (large corporations) then to have its numbers boosted by said corporation. A artist puts out a record then their label buys $10k copies to boost chart numbers.

I think it's scummy when it's time to talk about how many units someone sold. Especially when the independent creator does not have someone to boost their sales numbers like that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Go ahead and link that source. Unless baseless whataboutisms is all you have. Also find the time the DNC propped up sales of the book written by his children.

Dont be so hurt, It's not really illegal. IT's more of an example of how a party are possibly devolved into a cult.

After 2020, the RNC can drop 100 large on this
    That information doesn't exist. Wonder why that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

15+ Year Old Account

"BUT BIDEN" is the new "BUT HER EMAILS!"

When facing naked Republican corruption and scandals, it's their go-to defense: deflection. Not admitting what Republicans did was wrong, because admitting the cult they align with is "wrong" would not be #winning. Not even a defense either, because they know that the actions are indefensible. Their only strategy is to point furiously at something else to distract and deflect.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Got paid to do nothing on a board for a corrupt company that had no impact, influence, or connection to his father. Unless you buy into the debunked theories that aren't supported by timelines or any evidence that somehow Hunter Biden was involved in Barisma's corruption (which is laughable) and that
    why is this laughable exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2019/10/04/76738...former-employe

Those cases date to his time as ecology minister for Viktor Yanukovich, the Ukrainian president whose 2014 overthrow took place before Hunter Biden was hired to Burisma's board. Biden left that board earlier this year.
    Biden wasn't even on the board during the periods they were investigating.

Asked if he had found any evidence of wrongdoing by Hunter Biden, Ryaboshapka replied, "I have no such information."
    And they have no evidence linking Hunter to anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    That conservatives are so desperate and salty that Trump is getting wrecked in the impeachment hearings, that literally their only defense is to deflect to conspiracy theories about Hunter Biden that would involve the Bidens having a time machine for the theories to actually be a real thing.

But this is a thread about how the RNC is artificially boosting the sales of Trump Jr's fantasy novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    was acting to "protect" his son by pressuring Ukraine to remove a known corrupt prosecutor who was investigating Barisma.
    What I don't understand is why they think a corrupt prosecutor needed to be shut down from investigating Burisma. I assume the opposite, the prosecutor was covering for Burisma with the various probes and blackmailing them for it, and kept wanting more money, so they fished around for some folks that could get the guy out their hair. Corrupt prosecutor that needs removing gets removed, but probably wouldn't have gotten the attention he did if he wasn't shaking down Biden's employer, as it were. Neither here nor there really.

Back to the thread, in 1992 (during my formative years of starting to pay attention to the stupidity of politics), Eddie Murphy did a movie called "The Distinguished Gentleman". There's a scene in the backroom, which I couldn't find a clip of (though, then entire movie is on you tube apparently). Where the guy is yelling "I bought 10,000 copies of your boring ass autobiography!"

So, I kind of assumed most of these book deals are just funneling money to politicians. Even the actual popular ones (Obama) were probably bumped up in similar manners.

For this, it's of course possible that the RNC is buying the books at a decent bulk discount, reselling for donations and resulting in more money for them overall, but I assume kickbacks are involved as well.

Of course, the "rate of return" on laundering money via book deals is probably not great, since the author doesn't really get much per book I think, but I'm sure they also find ways to write off the book purchase as a loss/ charity.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Dude, EVERYONE has a book nowadays. Turn on any one of these news channels and they're pushing the book of a guest. It's disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.