Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I think you are pretty much not getting it. @Flarelaine wanted to know what the problem was with *wearing* socks and sandals, going outside for two minutes has little to do with that. For all I know, you duck out to get the mail in your bathrobe too, but you probably don't wear your bathrobe to go shopping. People do all kinds of things if they're just going outside for two minutes, but the same thing might not be appropriate for a day's interactions.
    I don't really mind wearing socks and sandals outside for a whole day either. I'll just throw the socks in the wash when I get home, not a big deal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name
    I don't really mind wearing socks and sandals outside for a whole day either. I'll just throw the socks in the wash when I get home, not a big deal

/shrug To each their own. I wouldn't wear sandals with most of the long pants I own in the first place -- and anyone who wears socks, sandals, and shorts is obviously doing their best to make the world laugh.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Just leave pineapple pizza alone. There's worse pizzas to snark on. Like casseroles pretending to be a "deep dish" pizza.

Any BBQ chicken pizza is worse.

Wait, Boston Pizza says hold my Keystone Light...
    what is italian cheese?
    some abomination with "italian" attached on it or real mozzarella?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    what is italian cheese?
    some abomination with "italian" attached on it or real mozzarella?
    "Italian" cheese is more than mozzarella, so no idea.

Eating a pizza with stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy is far more troubling to me.
    Government Affiliated Snark

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pineapples, Jalapeno (fresh, not the vinegar soaked crap), black olives and a touch of peppers.

On a herb dough (circa Sicilian crust pizza from Pizza Hut in the 90s). You're gonna be in heaven.

10+ Year Old Account
    /shrug To each their own. I wouldn't wear sandals with most of the long pants I own in the first place -- and anyone who wears socks, sandals, and shorts is obviously doing their best to make the world laugh.
    Oh yeah. If it's sock weather it's not shorts weather. Those don't mix

7+ Year Old Account
    Pineapple on pizza is like ketchup on eggs. It's disgusting. Sweet and savory do not mix. Ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc, are abominations. /twocents

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it was created in Canada, obviously!

Also, chicken shawarma pizza is the bomb.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2019-11-23 at 12:19 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are pretty much not getting it. @Flarelaine wanted to know what the problem was with *wearing* socks and sandals, going outside for two minutes has little to do with that. For all I know, you duck out to get the mail in your bathrobe too, but you probably don't wear your bathrobe to go shopping. People do all kinds of things if they're just going outside for two minutes, but the same thing might not be appropriate for a day's interactions.
    The major reason I do not wear sandals is, they are just not very safe. Nothing is protecting your toes and they can easily slip off your foot. Right when you do not want them to.

On topic; I also like the apple pizzas fixed as a desert you can get at some pizza joints.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther
    The major reason I do not wear sandals is, they are just not very safe. Nothing is protecting your toes and they can easily slip off your foot. Right when you do not want them to.
    Yep, same here. For me, sandals are mainly something for having to be out in summer rain or on a beach -- times when soggy socks are what I'm trying to avoid. I don't really wear them in hot weather unless I'm somewhere where huaraches are worth having around because I'm really fair skinned and sunburn easily. Wearing socks to avoid sunburn sort of moots the point of wearing sandals to keep my feet cooler.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

5+ Year Old Account

mouth watering.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like a pineapple and feta cheese combo. Hell, if be willing to try durian too.

Everyone's different. I'm fine with pineapple on pizza yet despise chocolate on fruit for example even though that's apparently really popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to complicate the question ... what kind of pineapple?

One of the things that I don't like about most pizza with pineapple on it is that it uses cheap, canned pineapple that is way too sweet and cut too thick. It becomes overwhelming.

Fresh pineapple, or at least pineapple that isn't sweetened to the point you'd might as well be adding gumdrops, can be tolerable if it is cut into chunks that are proportionate to the other toppings. If I must eat pineapple on pizza (for example, when it gets tossed on the "everything" option that people order as a compromise), I prefer that it be a spicy pizza or at least one I can douse with hot sauce.

Used to work in a restaurant, there were not many people ordering pineapple on their pizzas. Always found it weird

Spicy Italian sausage and pineapple is teh bomb.

Fat starch sweet spice salty tangy juicy unghhhhhhhhhh...

You could ask the same question about asian pizzas. *Japan, Korea and China* Both inside the dough and on top of the actual pizza have sweet potatoe paste. Why are sweet potatoes on pizza so good?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Ughhh that flavour to me is kinda awful I dislike it, with cheese and ham is alright, but I never order Hawaii flavour so far.