Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Classic-Wrath were the glory days only getting better and better for me. Cata was kinda the decay. MoP I think was the first time I felt like I didn't have a reason to log in and play any more aside from just raiding. I didn't even bother with WoD, and the only reason I played in Legion was to attain some arbitrary goal of getting every cutting edge achievement in one expansion... minus Helya cuz some part of me just didn't care about that boss. Turned down the opportunity to clear it even strangely enough, but I think that was something to do with my ex at the time if I remember correctly. She hated me playing WoW.

I dunno though. from Classic-Wrath I felt like there was always some reason to log in and do SOMETHING. Learn something, explore something, meet relevant people. Maybe the game's older reward structure resonated with me more? Farm for X thing and then you're done with it forever. I do kinda miss those grinds. Argent Dawn rep for BiS shoulder enchants. Sons of Hodir for BiS whatever enchants. Stuff like that makes the game feel more rewarding to me than farming randomly hoping I get titanforge procs.

After Legion/BFA, the constant grinding for mythic + gear, legendaries, and AF/heart of Azeroth...I just couldn't keep up. I liked it better where you grinding to start doing tiers..then just progressed through the tiers. You weren't good enough to clear the tier, then you didn't get to do the next.

Depends on how you see it but I guess WoD.
    Now Legion was much, much worse than WoD and BfA was slightly better but the removal of flying was what kinda ruind WoW for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD. It was the first time when I genuinely "quit" WoW, uninstalling it from my computer entirely. I didn't come back until 7.1.5. Legion restored my faith in the game and then BfA took it away once more. If they don't fix the game and make it fun in Shadowlands, I guess I'll invest my time in something else.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post

C A T A C L Y S M

but it really took effect at end of mop then wod legion and BFA
    I actually loved Cataclysm as an expansion but it is also where I quit playing as much. To explain, I was hardcore into the PvP community at the time and Cata on release was amazing with RBGs being added. I was part of a guild formed just for them, and I made some awesome friends. We got to rank 1 in North America. But with that came some people who were elitists and wanted to go different directions. We ended up with the best players in the primary group and had a group 2 and 3 running, and everything was accessible to the entire guild except group 1 which was purely performance based. Group 2 and 3 were around 2500-2700 MMR for most of the players but our top group was around 3100.

Anyway, people in G1 wanted their friends from the other groups in it, and that led to in fighting, and ultimately the splintering of the guild. Through this ordeal I started to play league of legends, and my PvP interest in WoW has never come back. I just play LOL for PvP now.

MoP and WoD I was indifferent to lore wise and I didn't agree with the ability pruning that was starting to happen. It made me feel that as a player who had 40-50 keybinds that losing them was essentially lowering the ceiling for less talented players. As a teenager and young adult I was hyper into being a competitive gamer, so it turned me off.

With Legion my interest got renewed. I'm a career oriented adult now and no longer a competitive video game player. I play WoW for the theme park experience and the collection aspect now, not the competitive scene for the top 1% or whatever. Legion was fun for that with the artifact weapons, order halls, suramar, and legendaries.

BFA feels as though it is a watered down version of Legion. Everything BFA has Legion did it better.

Far as Shadowlands I'm indifferent. I think it will be better than WoD and BFA, but I don't expect it to be on par with BC / Wrath / Legion. The lack of a new class is very disappointing.

Legion. Still played throughouts parts of the expansion because I had a few active PvP friends but the Legion class reworks basically killed the game for me.

C A T A C L Y S M

but it really took effect at end of mop then wod legion and BFA
    Same for me. Cata was the first expansion where I stopped raiding seriously, and the first time I had unsubbed from WoW since launch. Each expansion my play time went down until Legion when I both started raiding again and was playing for free thanks to the tokens. BfA, I've been subbed a lot, but I don't play a ton, again, thanks to tokens.

I wish I would have been more involved in the WoW gold making community in WoD and Legion though, I'd easily be gold capped, getting all expansions, store mounts, pets, etc. for free, and basically playing for free until the game dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    BFA
    It was the first time ever that during the expansion reveal (Both the cgi trailer and the gameplay trailer) that I just didn't feel interested.
    yea i agree about bfa trailer, and shadowlands feature trailer was even worse imo LUL

Cata, followed by MOP. This combination almost killed it for me, but I stuck with the game. I enjoyed WOD, had a blast in Legion, and am really enjoying BFA, so all is good again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    For me it was after Mists of Pandaria.
    WoD felt all outta touch and since then i barely have touched WoW. (each expansion feels so not like WOW used to be, all wrong and horrible)
    What about you? At which expansion did you slowly stop caring about WoW?
    bfa /10char
    yeast

yea i agree about bfa trailer, and shadowlands feature trailer was even worse imo LUL
    For real, I am kind of OK with Sylvanas beating Bolvar since his weapon was a twig compared to Frostmourne/him not having deathknight powers/him not fighting anyone since his inistal freezing
    BUT
    I was not ok with the helm being destroyed/the next xpac taking place in the shadowlands

I would have honestly preferred a Wrath of the Lich Queen xpac so that we can finally kill Sylvanas and never see her again

BFA

Too much rng
    More pathfinder (and a year wait)
    class design was shit (why did everything need to be on the gcd also??)

The damage was done, since I still don't play (and probably won't). Sticking to other Blizzard titles atm

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Cataclysm

Turned my ret into a unfun garbage dumpster gamplay wise.

Legion. I really liked the start of it. Rogue was an absolute joy to play. I didn't hate the first raid either.

Then max level came. Item level determines your PvP stats, you can't get good gear from Battlegrounds, repetitive world quests, and Mythic dungeons came out which changed the entire atmosphere of the game. It just felt too strongly PvE oriented, and I didn't want to play it anymore. I quit about 4 months after Legion released and haven't played since.

Cata, Mop renewed my interest for its duration but from WoD onward I just dont care anymore. I buy the xpacs and play for like 2-3 months. Not sure about Slands atm.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ones I played the least were Cata, WoD, and BFA. Cata I was done with in about a week's time and was bored out of my mind. For all the talk about the dungeons being hard we did them all in greens in one evening and then I never wanted to touch them again. Came back for firelands, peaced out before Dragon Soul was over. WoD was very similar. BFA I made it until Crucible of Storms and I haven't logged in since tbh until today to check out the anniversary event.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Cata. I quit playing it a few weeks after firelands dropped and didn't start playing again until 2015.

WoD. That's when I got banned from the wow forums because of my "decline in interest".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What about you? At which expansion did you slowly stop caring about WoW?
    First time WotLK.. But Cataclysm really saved the game for me.
    Second time, WoD... It almost killed my will to play, but Legion did something to rekindle the game.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/