5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    only put the tag for users who haven't seen the episode this early, I expect others to see it later tonight/today, depending on where they live.
    I understand, but in the title of the thread it says there be spoilers here

I suppose spoiler text is reserved for future episodes that haven't aired if I remember correctly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The "fans" getting grumpy aren't actual fans. Asking for more of the same over and over, or for flashy sword fights, just shows it.
    I agree, I'm content with adventures of Mando n chubby Yodling if this is the way

But...the Yodling may be too big a thing for Mando to protect alone...

What I don't understand is why these Mandolorian Covent don't go back to Mandalore now that Sabine & co freed the planet..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-11-22 at 08:17 PM.

I do hope they give us a name for Yoda’s species

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Another solid episode. On the one hand, the over-the-top action spectacles at the end of each episode are a little immersion breaking for me. I get that we want our hero to be outgunned, but there is always this shift from believable action sequences to absurd which is just a bit jarring.

Your watching a show about a guy who hunts people for a living and complaining that he gets into shootouts every episode? Thats like complaining theres too many shootouts in a cop show or the medical patient in a medical drama almost dying at some point in the episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    So with this episode, I'm just a bit curious why the rest of the Clan showed up to save his ass.

I get it, a tight-knit group of warriors does not abandon their own kind, but he DID fuck it up for them, hes exposed them beyond necessity and now has forced them to relocate to another location to be safe again.

I also get they are in hiding because of what the Empire did before it collapsed, and also that they hated that he took the job for them to begin with. However, the forgemaster literally just explained to them that survival is necessary, even if it means putting hatreds aside for the empire to do so. I could see them siding with him for his defiance in the end, but it cost them all dearly as a result of it.

I hope some semblance of aftermath is explained in the next episode.

You have to think about all he has done (or that the show has implied) that he's done for them.

Only one of them goes out at a time, he must be one of the ones who goes out often due to his job. He brings his spoils back for the clan, for the betterment of the clan. The advance payment he got, he donated most of it to the clan. The full payout? He could have just ran but he brought it back for everyone. He clearly struggled with the bounty, betrayed his personal convictions, all for the clan. The [I]money[/I] was dirty but something he couldn't afford to pass up when his people were already assed out.
    Big Mando didn't like he but even he could see why Mando did it.

Also, what did Mando ultimately do? Took out the Imperials in the area (that's a +1) and went on a suicide mission for the kid (another +1). They couldn't just leave him handing, especially after he equipped them with enough Beskar to take the town they were in.

Know what makes this episode great? The morality of it isn't your normal black and white good vs evil. Mando did some dirt for the longevity of his people. The bounty hunters weren't necessarily the [I]bad guys[/I], they were following the code that they all agreed up. The Imperial scientist was doing what he could for the baby in his position (this is a common trope amongst Rebels), I believe that he did keep worst things from happening (because the other guy would've been fine with the baby dead in the first place). Forge Mando is reminding me a lot of Sabine Wren (dont think its her though) who made weapons for the Empire, but at the threat of the Empire destroying the Mandalorians.

But what did Mandalorians coming out of hiding really cost them? They kicked ass. The Empire isn't around to subjugate them anymore. The bounty hunters would think twice about seeking revenge on all of them. You don't just send a bunch of rag-tag fighters at a group of angry Mandalorians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Pedro Pascal is 44 years old. There's a 19 year gap inbetween the Clone Wars and New Hope, 4 years for the events of the original trilogy, +5 for the start of The Mandalorian, so 28-30 years ago, let's say he's around 10 in the flashback, that'd put him at 40 years old now. Sounds fine imho.
    Another thing to note, they were all unarmored and fleeing in the flashback. Safe to say it happened when the Mandalorians were still pacifists and not roped into the Clone Wars. Before Death Watch, before Maul, before the Empire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

What I don't understand is why these Mandolorian Covent don't go back to Mandalore now that Sabine & co freed the planet...
    I would assume that their victory didn't last seeing that at some point the Empire took away their ability to even forge armor, they are in hiding, and Mandolarians are somewhat a thing of legends past the way the characters of the show talk about Mando.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Your watching a show about a guy who hunts people for a living and complaining that he gets into shootouts every episode? Thats like complaining theres too many shootouts in a cop show or the medical patient in a medical drama almost dying at some point in the episode.
    Reading is challenging but if you're going to participate in a forum it's worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I assume the baby yoda (for lack of a better word)
    Call him T.i.n.y.

This
    Is
    Not
    Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Call him T.i.n.y.

This
    Is
    Not
    Yoda
    na all of the internetz calls him BABY YODA so thats what we call it!

Call him T.i.n.y.

This
    Is
    Not
    Yoda
    Unless its a clone of Yoda

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    na all of the internetz calls him BABY YODA so thats what we call it!
    Everything in this series will go by generic names. Baby Yoda. Mando, Big Mando, Lady Mando, Little Mandos. Dingy Mando. Scuffed Lando. Not IG-88. Scuffed Tarkin. Dusty Stormtroopers. Theres a name for everyone!

Apparently the big Mandalorian is named Paz Vizsla. That means he might be related to Prez Vizsla. Prez Vizsla was part of the insurrection on Mandalore during the Clone Wars. Clan Vizsla also fought to liberate Mandalore during the SW Rebels period. Apparently, their victory was short-lived.

wanna bet Baby Yoda is the re-incarnation of Yoda ?

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    How can you reincarnate before you're dead, and then be a force ghost again after you've reincarnated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    Baby Yoda is the same age as Anakin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Only one of them goes out at a time, he must be one of the ones who goes out often due to his job.
    The impression I got wasn't "one of them out at a time", it was "only one of us is allowed out". That's our Mando. The others are in hiding; the whole point is that Mando appears to be alone, not with the remnants of a clan. So much so he gets called "Mando", because nobody knows of any others around. Everyone else was getting pissy because this guy is the one given the honor of working, and he's fucking it up (in their view).

So that final scene, the bounty hunters think they've got a lone Mando cornered and pinned down, and suddenly, there's a whole fucking squad of Mandos kicking their asses from on high with heavy weapons fire. Where the fuck did they come from?! That's panic-inducing.

Why did they show up? They're still honor-bound to aid their clanmates, and we can assume they've got ways to monitor the outside. Especially when our Mando was doing the right, honorable thing, trying to save the kid, for honor and not for money. They might have to move on, but they weren't exactly living high on the hog to begin with.

Know what makes this episode great? The morality of it isn't your normal black and white good vs evil. Mando did some dirt for the longevity of his people. The bounty hunters weren't necessarily the bad guys, they were following the code that they all agreed up. The Imperial scientist was doing what he could for the baby in his position (this is a common trope amongst Rebels), I believe that he did keep worst things from happening (because the other guy would've been fine with the baby dead in the first place).
    This is straight Western/Ronin trope stuff. Which is great; I'm not crapping on it. But the "guy with a dark past, trying to do some good in world toned in shades of gray" is classic stuff.

But what did Mandalorians coming out of hiding really cost them? They kicked ass. The Empire isn't around to subjugate them anymore. The bounty hunters would think twice about seeking revenge on all of them. You don't just send a bunch of rag-tag fighters at a group of angry Mandalorians.
    It's not really about "cost". It's the way they do things. They're not forced into hiding, it's how their culture is responding to the collapse of their people.

My impression, anyway. Our Mando's just facing regular-grade harassment in the open; there doesn't seem to be any kind of animus that would force them to be in hiding.

Another thing to note, they were all unarmored and fleeing in the flashback. Safe to say it happened when the Mandalorians were still pacifists and not roped into the Clone Wars. Before Death Watch, before Maul, before the Empire.
    They've referred to helping the "foundlings" several times. Foundlings are orphans or abandoned kids that are adopted by other people. There's no real reason to assume the people in his flashbacks are Mandalorians; the Mandalorians may have come through after the battle droids, found him then, and inducted him into the Mandalorians as a foundling. Pretty sure the old canon said they did so pretty commonly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

They've referred to helping the "foundlings" several times. Foundlings are orphans or abandoned kids that are adopted by other people. There's no real reason to assume the people in his flashbacks are Mandalorians; the Mandalorians may have come through after the battle droids, found him then, and inducted him into the Mandalorians as a foundling. Pretty sure the old canon said they did so pretty commonly.
    I'm prepared to be wrong but I'm a bit more convinced that he's a born and bred Mando after the hot takes cooled off a bit.

The Mandalorians were a neutral planet/state during the Clone Wars, they weren't really messing with anyone but themselves. About halfway through the war, Palpatine had the Separatist attack Mandalore to push them towards the Republic. During that time period, enough Mandalorians were killed that the Death Watch was formed to push the Mandalorians back to their militaristic ways. So its safe to assume there were plenty of orphaned Mandalorian children. Correct me I'm wrong but I don't remember there much about Mandalore taking in refugees (who weren't their own). They certainly weren't taking in outsiders post-Dutchess Satine and the 20 year period where they were definitely a vassal of the Empire. I haven't seen anything that says 'foundlings' are outsiders (I know the old canon).

I would say Mando is somewhere in his 30s/40s. Lets say he is 40. ANH happened ~years before the show, so he'd be 30. The time between ANH and RotS is ~20 years, so he'd be 10 at the end of RotS. The Clone Wars lasted 3-4 years, Mandalore was attacked and 'forced' into the conflict a little past the halfway point, so take ~2 years off his age. He would've been ~7-8 in his flashbacks, which seems about right, so it the timeline adds up IF he was orphaned during that time period.

I'm thirst for any Mandalorian lore whereever they take it though. Those were favorite arcs in TCW and Rebels series.

I'm prepared to be wrong but I'm a bit more convinced that he's a born and bred Mando after the hot takes cooled off a bit.

The Mandalorians were a neutral planet/state during the Clone Wars, they weren't really messing with anyone but themselves. About halfway through the war, Palpatine had the Separatist attack Mandalore to push them towards the Republic. During that time period, enough Mandalorians were killed that the Death Watch was formed to push the Mandalorians back to their militaristic ways. So its safe to assume there were plenty of orphaned Mandalorian children. Correct me I'm wrong but I don't remember there much about Mandalore taking in refugees (who weren't their own). They certainly weren't taking in outsiders post-Dutchess Satine and the 20 year period where they were definitely a vassal of the Empire. I haven't seen anything that says 'foundlings' are outsiders (I know the old canon).

I would say Mando is somewhere in his 30s/40s. Lets say he is 40. ANH happened ~years before the show, so he'd be 30. The time between ANH and RotS is ~20 years, so he'd be 10 at the end of RotS. The Clone Wars lasted 3-4 years, Mandalore was attacked and 'forced' into the conflict a little past the halfway point, so take ~2 years off his age. He would've been ~7-8 in his flashbacks, which seems about right, so it the timeline adds up IF he was orphaned during that time period.

I'm thirst for any Mandalorian lore whereever they take it though. Those were favorite arcs in TCW and Rebels series.
    Pretty sure this group of Mandalorians weren't based on Mandalore in recent memory, they seem to have a pretty hard militaristic stance that you don't even see among the Death Watch, not to mention Rebels era Mandalorians or Sabine Wren. "Have you ever removed your helmet, has it ever been removed by others?"

I think this is a group that left Mandalore when they went pacifist like the Death Watch but didn't stick around to try to take control back, they just went off to do their own thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this group of Mandalorians weren't based on Mandalore in recent memory, they seem to have a pretty hard militaristic stance that you don't even see among the Death Watch, not to mention Rebels era Mandalorians or Sabine Wren. "Have you ever removed your helmet, has it ever been removed by others?"

I think this is a group that left Mandalore when they went pacifist like the Death Watch but didn't stick around to try to take control back, they just went off to do their own thing.
    When she said that line I couldn't help but think how disgusting it would be to never take off a helmet for any purpose, imagine all that body grease and sweat being stuck under there, yech.

I wonder if that is their stance (never taking it off save for maybe bathing) or just a generalization meaning he hasn't taken it off in public among non clan members.

I agree though, this is not the run of the mill Clan, not involved in Mandalore's politics as far as we can see, and definitely not Death Watch.

To be fair though, most clans despised one another IIRC, hated working together unless they had to.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account

There's post on reddit that do deeper dives that talk about apparently connect Forge Mandos armor to Death Watch. Also Big Mando is at least related to Prez Vizsla, the Vizslas also fought to retake Mandalore with Sabine and them.

I'm cool either way. Jon Favreau seems to have a personal interest in pushing/establishing Mando lore, so I'm ready to see wherever he takes it.

Could be the case for sure but I can't go back and reference anything (in Disney canon) that says there was another Mando splinter group. Non-pacifists Mandos were still a thing on Concordia, Mandalore's moon. Thats where the Vizslas were hanging out before Prez founded Death Watch. A third (?) group could be cool because they could use that to explain Jango who has no real origin right now. These Mandos specifically talk about the Empire and Beskar though, events related to Mandalore.

I know my theory falls apart if the flashback wasn't on/near Mandalore. Also we've never seen the Separatists directly attack the Mandalorians, its just conjecture from various actors (Dooku, Prez, Palpatine) wanting to push Mandalore into the war - a false flag/staged attack would've made sense.

lol, that astromech droid was like "aw, hell no."

I wonder if that is their stance (never taking it off save for maybe bathing) or just a generalization meaning he hasn't taken it off in public among non clan members.
    I'm going to assume it's just a ceremonial thing. Like...they take it off for eating and hygiene, but otherwise it's always on.

I'm tired of them making it like all Jedi violated the Jedi Code. We have enough of that unless it points to how Sidious was able to manipulate them
    What makes you assume it had anything to do with a Jedi in the first place? Just because the only two of Yoda's species we've seen happened to be Jedi doesn't dictate that the baby is theirs or that any other member of the race is a jedi and subject to their rules. Clearly the race reproduces *somehow*.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

There's post on reddit that do deeper dives that talk about apparently connect Forge Mandos armor to Death Watch. Also Big Mando is at least related to Prez Vizsla, the Vizslas also fought to retake Mandalore with Sabine and them.
    The connection they're trying to draw between the armorer's helmet and the Death Watch under Maul is the horns, Maul's Death Watch had horns that resembled a Zabrak's horns, the Armorer's helmet is just a line of five horns, not the crown pattern.

Big mando is a Vizla not Vizsla, it's unclear whether those two surnames are actually related, or if it's a spelling error in the credits.