Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Best thing for WoW and MMOs in general is for it to die, how else will we get that next gen MMO many of us actually want, blizz will milk it for all its worth and its bad for the MMO genre because it makes everyone else lazy and we dont get anything new.

WoW is old thats the reason its not got the amount of subs it used to have, your going to get bored with a 15 years old game that is essentially the same as it always has been, and many gamers wont have the time to sink into retail, let alone the grind fest classic is.
    You have no evidence to back up your claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Those awards are a popularity contests. Its funny to see how many are mad that WoW Classic was that popular this year.
    I mean if you look at all the other rewards then classic wasn’t popular at all as it didn’t win any thing meaningful and only got best pc game because it was up against abunch of games no one has heard of.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-11-22 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    If you look at my post history you'll see that I'm quite critical of retail, I think the game has been in an awful state for years, and that if retail wants to survive it needs to go back to it's classic roots. Saying "Ok retailer" just makes you seem like an idiot. I said "Ok boomer" because his post had nothing to do with WoW and was just a rip on millennials, for no apparent reason. He even posted some non-sense about participation trophies, which is hilarious because the boomer generation has been railing on participation trophies for years, without realizing it was their generation handing out those trophies, it's like they're mad at people because when those people were kids, the boomers gave them participation trophies. It's such a dumb 40IQ stance to take.

Considering your reply, it's looking like I was spot on with my post.
    Ok retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    The site is full of wow classic haters
    But it is only logical, they play a game that fails, but has nothing to do with classic wow, just normal to be bitter.

Very pleased for the game's success in the awards.
    I was expecting it, Classic brought more people back than the launch of Warlords of Draenor Expansion, which had 2,6 million worth of players as increased subs! It was biggest subs increase till this quarter! And this will be the record that will never break!
    Thanks man! I thought I was the only one thinking this way. Why do classic-haters even come to write in this forum? Just cos they sucked/failed doesnt mean you gotta destroy the fun that other people have.

This is about as credible as obama winning the peace prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Dear retailers, you should absolutely want Classic to succeed as it helps convince Blizzard management to fund retail development due to interest in the Warcraft IP, as opposed to more budget/staff cuts. Please stop shooting yourselves in the feet.
    It's fracturing the community, prolonging content draughts in retail and collapsing guilds.

It's the start of the end of wow, thank god.

I see many stating that is and example of the state of the game awards implying that they are garbage and dont mean anything but could this actually mean that the current state of new games being published is such that ppl actually see themselves enjoying more a "old" game?

You have no evidence to back up your claims.
    amount of subs is evidence enough, it has fallen every expansion since WotlK, it has lost over 7 million subs in 10 years.

The game has no changed much thats why people get bored of it, every expansion is the same content and bringing it more like classic would lose even more subs.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing and well deserved award. Classic is an amazing game (even after 15 years). This just show us how low the game industry has fallen since 2004, they are more concerned in make profit than a enjoyable game, they don't deserve praises for this crap they produce today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    This year golden joystick rewards is an cruel joke. Epic Games best studio of the year? Oh give me an break.
    They made trillions with fornite, they develop, maintain and support one of the best game engines available (for free), they made a brand new store that rivals steam overnight, and they made more for the game industry than any other studio so far... Guess haters gonna hate...

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    I haven't played Destiny 2, but the other games? Better than Classic? Borderlands 3 was shit. Crappy SJW story and characters. Much worse than the decade old Borderlands 2. Outer Worlds had the right idea but it's extremely short and linear. RDR2 is still so full of bugs, it's unplayable.
    I mean, Destiny 2 shadowkeep is pretty damn good. I would definitely put it ahead of classic WoW. BL3 is better than classic if you are into that type of game (the story was fine, nothing special but nothing horrible. The gameplay was out of this world amazing though). I have not played Outer Worlds yet. RDR2 is not full of bugs and unplayable? What are you even talking about? The online? I played through the entire story and it was just incredible what they did with that game. Towards the end of it, it became a bit more linear like they were trying to get that story finished, but I am fine with that because the rest of the game was seriously amazing. I have never seen a game with characters more immersive than that. Some of the interactions you can have are just jaw dropping. I cannot even come close to saying that about WoW Classic.

Look, what I will say is that WoW Classic is basically season 2 of Vanilla WoW. To me, it is not a new game and really should not be on that list to begin with.

amount of subs is evidence enough, it has fallen every expansion since WotlK, it has lost over 7 million subs in 10 years.

The game has no changed much thats why people get bored of it, every expansion is the same content and bringing it more like classic would lose even more subs.
    That's factually inaccurate. I agree, major sub losses have happened, but I would argue that it's because the game HAS changed, too much, for the worse. It's not an issue of people being bored. By your logic Baseball shouldn't be a thing anymore because clearly people should be bored of it, it's been the same for over 100 years.
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    destiny 2 is a game that nobody heared about?
    holy shit lay off the actiblizz juice
    It wasn't up against destiny 2.

That's factually inaccurate. I agree, major sub losses have happened, but I would argue that it's because the game HAS changed, too much, for the worse. It's not an issue of people being bored. By your logic Baseball shouldn't be a thing anymore because clearly people should be bored of it, it's been the same for over 100 years.
    WoW has not changed its still the same content over and over no matter what expansion it is on, classic has less than 20% of the subs it used to have when it first came out so it proves you wrong that people have left because its changed, why have they not came back for classic?.

No1 reason for loss in subs is the game is old and boring, when you played the game for 5-10 years you have done everything it has no offer and another expansion is not going to change that.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

WoW has not changed its still the same content over and over no matter what expansion it is on, classic has less than 20% of the subs it used to have when it first came out so it proves you wrong that people have left because its changed, why have they not came back for classic?.

No1 reason for loss in subs is the game is old and boring, when you played the game for 5-10 years you have done everything it has no offer and another expansion is not going to change that.
    Where is your evidence that Classic has 20% of the subs it used to?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    It's fracturing the community, prolonging content draughts in retail and collapsing guilds.
    So what's different since Cata? All the flailing around over the last few expansions trying desperately to find a formula that works have done those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    but but but we just thought we wanted it... we didnt really wanted it.... or did we?
    just a hype for hamsters, nothing more.

If modern wow was like Classic, I would not be playing it. I would not mind some things from Classic like a longer leveling or a little more tedius like Vanilla. But end game content and class balance? Thanks but no thanks.

The game has no changed much thats why people get bored of it
    Or perhaps it has changed too much and that's why people lost their connection to it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Or perhaps it has changed too much and that's why people lost their connection to it ?
    Or you know, the mmo genre is no longer the dominant genre in video game. Same goes for the PC, more ppl are playing on console etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    they made a brand new store that rivals steam overnight
    You're kidding right? It's not even close.

The only reason that the epic store is even talked about is because it pays for exclusives. It took them 3 months just to add a search function.
    Speciation Is Gradual