Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Man, so many from all over entertainment are onboard with this game it seems... had no idea they made a song for the soundtrack!! It's good too.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    Kojima is pretty pretentious. Death Stranding seems like it might be the most overrated game of all time.
    Yeah, gives me the kopi luwak vibe.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I held off on getting it as i was wary of something as out and out masturbatory as MGSV was -thankfully his smaller budget has really toned some of that down, i still dont want to replay V again just for its horrible tutorial opening that tries to spend over an hour teaching you stealth controls for a series 5+ games deep with ground zeroes already doing it by that point to name one example- and i really like some ideas like players movements developing paths and roads which decay over time. Thats an idea i think some mmos could really use to add some subtle dynamism to a world without just letting players build shit.

The most interesting thing thus far though is this feels like its world is what FFXV tried and completely failed to do and probably wasted a hell of a lot more money in the process. Maybe its like what people having been saying since like the first Resident Evil: A developer who gets a limit to their budget has to be creative, one given a free ticket loses their direction and eventually time and goodwill runs out before the money does and the product suffers.

Right now i'm liking this but i also don't think i could recommend it to any of my friends who enjoy niche games far less than me, not that theres much wrong with that i guess since before MGSV learnt much harder to military shooter in its tone and aesthetic for a wider mainstream audience its not like MGS3 was a game you could sell a lot of people on who are used to call of duty or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished it yesterday. Ok sorry Death Stranding fans but this game is really not that good. Personally I can't give it more than 6.5/10 and I am being generous here really.

Visuals, sound tracks, voice acting, cinematics, and storyline are amazing yes. However, gameplay? it is super duper boring and people hyping it and giving it more credits than it deserves because it is from Kojima? and if Ubisoft or Activision does something similar they should burn in fire eh?

I get it Kojima trying to do a new idea and I appreciate it but when I buy a video game I want to play and enjoy (gameplay enjoyment). I don't wanna buy a game because it is a nice message to the world (connect the world and bring peace please no more war no more nuclear weapons please). I play video games (this is my personal experience and opinion about that) to immersive myself in a world outside of real life world to escape the harsh reality and relax and enjoy my time and having fun playing a video game. The game should be a movie or a tv series seriously....if I wanna watch a movie I should go to the cinema or watch Netflix really.

This guy sums it up very well and this is exactly how I feel really.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Ubisoft or Activision does something similar they should burn in fire eh?
    Neither company has ever done anything similar, and no offense but when someone needs to link a youtube video to state "their opinion" I can't help but feel like it's not actually your opinion, it's just the most believable line of bullshit you heard that day and you think other people should hear it. Never click on these crap videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Neither company has ever done anything similar, and no offense but when someone needs to link a youtube video to state "their opinion" I can't help but feel like it's not actually your opinion, it's just the most believable line of bullshit you heard that day and you think other people should hear it. Never click on these crap videos.
    I didn't need to link a youtube to give my opinion it was my opinion of the game even before that video existed (or at least before I found out about it really, I found out about that video yesterday from a friend) check my previous posts here I kept saying the world is boring but I was trying to give it a chance and time but now that I finally finished it? I gave my honest opinion.

The main reason I linked that video because my English is not super good and he has a very similar opinion and view toward the game as me and I wanted to express my opinion and feeling but since my English is not great that is why I linked the video thanks.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2019-11-21 at 09:25 AM.

I finished it a few days ago and it is a very hard game to score.

I feel like an objective score should be around 7/7,5. The story, narration, soundtrack and visuals are absolutely incredible but the gameplay can really be an issue depending on what you're looking for in a game and the game suffers from the story pace and really annoying menus, exactly like MGS5. These can be major motivation breakers for some players and even if they aren't for me, it is hard to give a higher score to the game because it doesn't excel in every category.

That said, rarely has a game moved me like Death Stranding. I've been thinking about it every single day since I finished it. The story and the art just blew my mind away and made me forget about the imperfections, to the point where I feel like I played one of the best games that was ever created. The last games that did that for me were The Last of Us, Silent Hill 2 and maybe the Bioshock series but not quite as much as Death Stranding. So definitely a masterpiece in my own personal opinion.

This is why it is such a hard game to score. I would not give it more than 7.5 if I had to publish an objective video game test but it definitely is one of the most, if not the most, memorable video game I've played in 30 years. It is probably because I personally give a lot more importance to the story, narration, atmosphere and art aspects over gameplay but for people for whom that is not the case, I can understand why they didn't appreciate the game.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2019-11-21 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    I finished it a few days ago and it is a very hard game to score.

I feel like an objective score should be around 7/7,5. The story, narration, soundtrack and visuals are absolutely incredible but the gameplay can really be an issue depending on what you're looking for in a game and the game suffers from the story pace and really annoying menus, exactly like MGS5. These can be major motivation breakers for some players and even if they aren't for me, it is hard to give a higher score to the game because it doesn't excel in every category.

That said, rarely has a game moved me like Death Stranding. I've been thinking about it every single day since I finished it. The story and the art just blew my mind away and made me forget about the imperfections, to the point where I feel like I played one of the best games that was ever created. The last games that did that for me were The Last of Us, Silent Hill 2 and maybe the Bioshock series but not quite as much as Death Stranding. So definitely a masterpiece in my own personal opinion.

This is why it is such a hard game to score. I would not give it more than 7.5 if I had to publish an objective video game test but it definitely is one of the most, if not the most, memorable video game I've played in 30 years. It is probably because I personally give a lot more importance to the story, narration, atmosphere and art aspects over gameplay but for people for whom that is not the case, I can understand why they didn't appreciate the game.
    That is the issue with me man. If I want visuals, arts, story, and sound tracks and voice acting I better go watch a movie in Netflix or something. For me personally Gameplay is the most important thing when it comes to video games in general and then storyline second most important thing really.

That is the issue with me man. If I want visuals, arts, story, and sound tracks and voice acting I better go watch a movie in Netflix or something. For me personally Gameplay is the most important thing when it comes to video games in general and then storyline second most important thing really.
    May i introduce you to the Shenmue saga?

If we think about it...Shenmue was the first Death Stranding. (im probably wrong)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    May i introduce you to the Shenmue saga?

If we think about it...Shenmue was the first Death Stranding. (im probably wrong)
    I played Shenmue series in the DreamCast. and no it is not the same comparsion at all.

Shenmue had a wide open world exploration (it was massive and vast compare to the days of that generation). The world didn't feel empty or boring and there were so many stuff to do really.

- - - Updated - - -

That was an what if situation I didn't say they actually did.

i think Girlfriend Reviews was spot on about the game, both the good and bad of it.

Gameplay was not amazing with Red Dead 2 and Witcher 3 either. GWENT had more depth then Witcher 3's fighting mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I love me some mindless, repetitive tasks.
    Reminds me of Red Dead 2 and plenty of other Repetitive Open World Shooters like Far Cry all filled with Typical Open World padding.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-11-23 at 03:29 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Reminds me of Red Dead 2 and plenty of other Repetitive Open World Shooters like Far Cry all filled with Typical Open World padding.
    I don't think you played Red Dead 2 because it literally had no "open world padding", nor does any modern rockstar game. Their open world design is literally the opposite of the Ubisoft type you're trying to compare it to.

I don't think you played Red Dead 2 because it literally had no "open world padding", nor does any modern rockstar game. Their open world design is literally the opposite of the Ubisoft type you're trying to compare it to.
    It isn't all that different from other open world games, adding "Story" in between long distances on your horse doesn't excuse it's typical open world padding problem.

You're still just going from Point A to point B over long distances with little to no ease.

Take all the Story out of Red Dead 2 and you're left with mostly Going to point A to point B over long distances with your occasional mindless Shooting or simplistic brawling.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-11-23 at 04:15 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

It isn't all that different from other open world games, adding "Story" in between long distances on your horse doesn't excuse it's typical open world padding problem.

You're still just going from Point A to point B over long distances with little to no ease.

Take all the Story out of Red Dead 2 and you're left with just Going to point A to point B over long distances with your occasional Shooting or simplistic brawling.
    That's not padding. Once again you compared it to Ubisoft which literally inserts copy pasted content all over the map to get you doing the same thing over an over again. No one is even talking about the story so not sure what tangent you're going on about now. RDR2 rarely if ever uses the same model, the most you will ever see a side quest have a similar one is twice and the world was basically built by brute force, not padding and not copy pasting content.

All I see are weird ass comparisons getting thrown out. RDR2 is nothing like Ubisoft games. For that matter on topic Death Stranding is nothing like Rockstar OR Ubisoft games so why the hell are we even bringing it up? Just makes it clear who has actually played these games and who took a few buzzwords in a youtube video too seriously.

This thread isn't about RDR2 so if you want to talk about it further we have a thread about that.

That's not padding.
    Yes it is, Making an Open World as big as possible Is Padding, that's why developers added Fast Travel, to lower the amount of time it would take from getting to Point A to Point B.

Once again you compared it to Ubisoft which literally inserts copy pasted content all over the map to get you doing the same thing over an over again.
    And that is what you exactly do in Red Dead 2 which is mostly just Shooting.

RDR2 rarely if ever uses the same model, the most you will ever see a side quest have a similar one is twice and the world was basically built by brute force, not padding and not copy pasting content.
    Going from Point A to Point B where most of the gameplay is Shooting is somehow not Copy and Pasting because???
    This thread isn't about RDR2 so if you want to talk about it further we have a thread about that.
    This is in comparison to Death Stranding so it's on Topic.

All I see are weird ass comparisons getting thrown out. RDR2 is nothing like Ubisoft games.
    Wrong.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-11-23 at 05:55 AM.

Point A to Point B.
    In literally any game with movement you go from Point A to Point B to Point C, D, E all the way to fucking Z. That doesn't make Death Stranding similar to Mario, and it doesn't make it similar to your other asinine comparisons. I can't take you serious if your entire point rests on that.

In literally any game with movement you go from Point A to Point B to Point C, D, E all the way to fucking Z.
    Except that you don't go over long distances in games like Resident Evil 2 and other Linear Designed games to progress.

That doesn't make Death Stranding similar to Mario, and it doesn't make it similar to your other asinine comparisons.
    Nothing wrong with comparing Death Stranding to Mario Odyssey both are open world games, however Mario's Open World Design is based on Puzzle Platforming while Death Stranding and Red Dead are all about going on mostly long distances from point A to Point B.

I can't take you serious if your entire point rests on that.
    It isn't Red Dead 2's gameplay was in no way Revolutionary but everybody praised it because of it's Story, Setting, and graphics and overall Production.

I'm not the only one whose been saying this either, an Article from Polygon.

Last edited by szechuan; 2019-11-23 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay was not amazing with Red Dead 2 and Witcher 3 either. GWENT had more depth then Witcher 3's fighting mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say Witcher 3 combat was perfect or amazing but still it is less boring and the world didn't feel empty at all.

Same goes with Red dead 2 the world was filled with so many activities hell you can skip going to quests and go for some hunting and skinning some rare awesome animals and use their skins to customize your characters and how you hunt some awesome horses (looking at you Arabian white horse in the snow). Plenty of things to do and the world felt vast and not empty at all.

The world of Death Stranding while it is pretty big...it feels so empty and boring. You can't deny the lack of gameplay in the game man if you don't see that? then you are super duper Kojima slave fan biased toward his games really. Everything in the game looks awesome except gameplay (which as I said before for me personally it is the most important aspect of a video game really). The gameplay is super bad and lacking. And I never said Witcher 3 or Red dead 2 gameplay is perfect nope nothing is perfect really but at least the world didn't feel empty at all.

I didn't say Witcher 3 combat was perfect or amazing but still it is less boring and the world didn't feel empty at all.
    I disgaree.

Same goes with Red dead 2 the world was filled with so many activities hell you can skip going to quests and go for some hunting and skinning some rare awesome animals and use their skins to customize your characters and how you hunt some awesome horses (looking at you Arabian white horse in the snow).
    Red Dead 2 was not filled to the brim with activities, Hunting is just another variation of Shooting at Something but with the Right Gun it was IMO boring and slow, even the Cabela Hunting Games were much more fast paced then what to me I found to be nothing a but a Boring Chore as Hunting gives you another pointless advantage in the game when the game it's core game play is just another easy shooter with less enemy variation then other Third Person Shooters.

Plenty of things to do and the world felt vast and not empty at all.
    Plenty of things like what? Go up to another NPC and decide whether or not to shoot or beat him up to death or not for loot/Money? Or Beat up and shoot another NPC and loot a house or train?

The world of Death Stranding while it is pretty big...it feels so empty and boring. You can't deny the lack of gameplay in the game man if you don't see that? then you are super duper Kojima slave fan biased toward his games really. The gameplay is super bad and lacking. And I never said Witcher 3 or Red dead 2 gameplay is perfect nope nothing is perfect really but at least the world didn't feel empty at all.
    There's no lack of Gameplay in Death Stranding IMO, you found fun in Red Dead's reaction based Gameplay, I didn't.

Everything in the game looks awesome except gameplay (which as I said before for me personally it is the most important aspect of a video game really).
    The Gameplay in Death Stranding are meant for people who want a different experience, and that is exactly what Kojima delivered on.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-11-23 at 09:52 AM.