Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    <Diety>... First world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    and in typical fashion, the anti-high elf group HAS to make its presence known, like a vegan, because the topic was just barely brushed upon in a completely different thread.

I swear, you s'wits are worse than the High Elf fans clamoring for recognition.
    The funny thing about this post is that anti-vegans are a ton more annoying and present on the web than vegans ever were hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Depression of Azeroth.
    my first thought

I've had this happen a number of times on retail, when I get graphical bugs. Light disappears off of arm, feet and helm equipment and...Eyes. Now they want to implement this? God no, atleast put some effort in instead of legit only removing the actual glow and calling it an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    So you didn't understand the blue post then. This is not the update. This is the preparation for the later update.
    What you're doing is like saying "what a shitty omelette" just after breaking the eggs without even putting them in the pan.
    You wouldn't send the eggs to the customer before you even cooked them dumbass.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Not if you're trying to show your customer how they are getting cooked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    Remember how Blood Elf eyes looked in BC beta up to a certain build? The following screenshot shows the older beta build with them glowing in the dark from within (left) and into what they changed it in latter builds and final release (just a glowing spot in front of the eyes that didn't actually glow in the dark). I was so pissed back then.

Huh, that's actually pretty cool! Reminds me a bit of how worgen females used to look great in an earlier build and then they ruined it before launch.

...Kinda like Retribution paladins in Classic... Blizzard REALLY likes to throw in new ideas at the end that just don't work as good as they first had them, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    This was an ancient belief, it was later found out that the golden eyes demonstrated druidic potential. My NE rogue doesn't agree much, but it's the lore.
    But then that would mean Malfurion was born without any indication of druidic potential and now every male ever born has it and every female ever born doesn't in game. It still don't fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I would assume that this is in part to add in the option with character customization in Shadowlands.
    I hope so!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    But then that would mean Malfurion was born without any indication of druidic potential and now every male ever born has it and every female ever born doesn't in game. It still don't fit!

I hope so!
    Yes he was, and Azshara had druidic potential as well. And no, it doesn't make sense to have it like that in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Please... please just read the blue post.

"We expect to update brightly-glowing eyes further in future builds of the Visions of N’Zoth PTR."
    Please... please read the other part of the post too. Where they make it sound like it’s going to be a customizable function with Shadowlands. That tells me knowing Blizzard they’ll make them dim by default and sometime down the line we can adjust them again. Maybe they should leave any changes to the actual expansion and leave well enough alone for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    They're not sending them to the costumer. They're letting the costumer to enter the kitchen and give feedback while they cook.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they can? it was thrown out there as a PTR model viewer, easier to do regardless of DK skin or not.

EDIT: the glow effects are too strong for a High Elf model to begin with. If Blood Elves got the blue eye option already it would have been posted by now too. So I'm more than certain its a DK Blood Elf

its also labeled as glowBEDK.jpg, kinda obvious at that point.
    I"m not suggesting anybody is wrong about it being a DK, I'm just saying it's a stupid example when it's clearly gonna cause that sort of confusion, and there's two sets of blood elf eyes they should be showing off anyway beyond the DK eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just sick of the topic altogether, both sides endlessly bitching and at each others throats cause god forbid one more race doesn't tow party lines that's been asked for since WoW was in the beta.

What's done is done now. Blizzard isn't going to do anything that puts Alliance in an appealing light for players to interact with the faction. might as well accept its WorldofHordecraft and move on.

That said, until I unsub, I'm staying Alliance to the end.

So let's stay on topic of Glowing eyes and the sky is falling cause people can't read, shall we?
    Dude, he said exactly six words on the topic, at which point you flipped your shit. Maybe just calm the hell down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Please... please read the other part of the post too. Where they make it sound like it’s going to be a customizable function with Shadowlands. That tells me knowing Blizzard they’ll make them dim by default and sometime down the line we can adjust them again. Maybe they should leave any changes to the actual expansion and leave well enough alone for right now.
    They say that this change is an early step to lay the groundwork for the customizations in Shadowlands, but they don't say anything about THIS CHANGE being iterated on in the expac. They say they will be iterating it further in N'zoth. Clearly the reference to the Shadowlands changes is referring to the fact that eyes will be a separate option no longer linked to faces in the new system.

Thanks to Eis for this great sig and avatar!

I like my blood elf glowing eyes!!! tell me that this will be optional...

10+ Year Old Account
    For people that are worried about the eyes actually glowing or not, the Night Elf females do have glow in the dark eyes.

https://imgur.com/a/kmIp3OX The image imbed wouldn't work for some reason.

Thanks to Eis for this great sig and avatar!

Wtf? They can do this if they MASSIVELY improve the graphics for eyes in general (looking glass like with high details), but certainly not with the mat painted shit they threw together in paint. This looks awful and just hollow.

Edit: And before the Blizzard defenders come sperging, yes I know this is just the first step, but the first step should be to fix these god awful textures, not fiddle with some light effects. Why even put this half-finished stuff on the PTR, there is literally no reason to mark this for inclusion into the latest PTR build, when you gonna change it later anyway.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-11-16 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Edit: And before the Blizzard defenders come sperging, yes I know this is just the first step, but the first step should be to fix these god awful textures, not fiddle with some light effects. Why even put this half-finished stuff on the PTR, there is literally no reason to mark this for inclusion into the latest PTR build, when you gonna change it later anyway.
    You can't just "retexture" stuff and expect an improvement. Retexturing is only half of it. When it comes to quality effects, lighting carries a LOT more weight.

As someone that modded Fallout 4, textures have multiple effects. An object that glows will typically be a decal texture that has a glowmap texture on top. Eyes in the game currently aren't glowing at all. They just have a mesh object above the pupils. Since the mesh is an actual object itself, it causes clipping issues. If nothing else, all Blizzard did in this update was delete the floating meshes.

The latest patch update to the eyes, looks really good!
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Quote Originally Posted by Toijin View Post
    *image snip*

The latest patch update to the eyes, looks really good!
    Oh shit those DO look really good! If DK looks half as good as your BE toon I might have to play mine more!
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Oh shit those DO look really good! If DK looks half as good as your BE toon I might have to play mine more!
    This is how it looks like on my BE DK

It actually looks great! Quite the improvement!
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Can't say I'm a big fan of these changes. The effect is not meaty enough. Looks less magical.

Old:

New:

New close up: