Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    I could be wrong, but I do remember Ranks being capped at around 6 or 7 before level 60.
    No, level 59s can hit rank 14, however realistically 12/13 is the highest you can get.

Leveling all the way to 59 and then pvping forever and not hitting 60 sounds awful.
    You can hit 60 when you hit whatever rank you desire, Ill shoot for 11 for the black pvp mount for bragging rights, maybe rank 12 if I really want to take the hit IRL but likely no more unless my server has garbage carebears/not much rankers.

You cna still also raid MC and stuff, mobs give like 9 experience. Might take a bit of convincing but youre definitely not a hindrance in full DM/blackrock/BG rep rewards and enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    You act like grenades and engineering trinkets are some uber try-hard tactics lol

"HEYy guys! I HAS ENGINNEERING SKKILLS DOES THAT MAKE ME MLG PRO? WOOOOO!!" asked by trihards

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    People have hit rank 13+ on fake servers at 59 to avoid the politics and other stuff at the 60s.
    Okay, but getting all the way to rank 13 and not hitting rank 14 kind of sucks though. It sucks to miss out on those r14 weapons, since they're a huge upgrade. If you don't think you can realistically hit rank 14 as a 59, then it's better to just ding 60 earlier. Yeah, the politics at 60 does suck, but perhaps it's best to learn to deal with it early.

Getting into the GM/HWL teams at rank 10 or 11 is better cause the higher rank 12s and 13s of the server won't see you as a threat to their standings if they allow you to join when you're around those ranks.

And who's to say the 50-59 bracket won't have politics either if you're dealing with premades. Those who aren't in premades can't realistically compete with those who are. Since Classic is based on the 1.12 version of WoW, grouping will be forced in BGs, so solo honor farming in BGs to rank 14 isn't going to be realistically possible to do.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    "HEYy guys! I HAS ENGINNEERING SKKILLS DOES THAT MAKE ME MLG PRO? WOOOOO!!" asked by trihards
    I honestly feel like I'm being trolled by retail players who hate the fact that professions are boring and largely useless now, because Engineering in Classic (and other professions) actually had cool shit that people wanted to craft and use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so we're back to the point of twinking being roflstomping undergeared lowbies.
    This still happens on retail, only recently did blizzard nerf items like "ramstein's lightning bolts" (which used to be a "kill everything around you" button)

sounds fine. what's the point of 60 anyway lol. classic legitimately has no endgame. just stay 59 forever and have fun with pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    This still happens on retail, only recently did blizzard nerf items like "ramstein's lightning bolts" (which used to be a "kill everything around you" button)

when introduced and for 6 months after release in cat., the bolt gun was usable at lvl 65 iirc and would one-shot anything below 70 and a lot of low-70s - aoe targeting too.

the fact this item was allowed to go live like that, to say nothing of staying unchanged for 6 months, helped convince me that there were dysfunctional processes inside blizzard's design/tuning/change people. 4.1 wsg gy changes even more so.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.