Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Sorry, that would make for a short revolution. I have no doubt my brother in law would be one of the ones dumb enough to attempt the Yall-Qaeda insurrection which would last for maybe a few hours to days before being put down by the police force and military if it called for it.

And seriously, don't make us report you again for this BS conspiracy theory that won't happen and even if it did would be a joke at best.
    Just report him for conspiracy theories and move on,he's not worth engaging with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, that would make for a short revolution. I have no doubt my brother in law would be one of the ones dumb enough to attempt the Yall-Qaeda insurrection which would last for maybe a few hours to days before being put down by the police force and military if it called for it.
    I would have severe doubts regarding the local police in such rural areas, given known infiltration by white supremacist groups and people like the "three percenters" and "oath keepers".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I would have severe doubts regarding the local police in such rural areas, given known infiltration by white supremacist groups and people like the "three percenters" and "oath keepers".
    Oh, there would be pockets that allowed it to go, but they are mainly hick towns in the middle of nowhere and would effectively be destroying their own towns and would run off any further investments into their towns by the rest and would still quickly be put down either way.

Lets face it, if they revolt in the middle of nowhere Alabama, they destroy their own stuff and then they get destroyed the moment they leave and even if they stay, they get destroyed by the outside authorities.

Even if 5% of the nation were to stand up, they could overwhelm our military, but that would require the rest to remain still and neutral. That wouldn't happen here.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    While a problem, that would not in fact be a Constitutional Crisis. The Constitution is quite clear that on January 20th, 2021, Trump is no longer President. Full stop. At that point it simply becomes a matter of enforcing it.
    Trump and his cult ignoring the constitution is exactly what a constitutional crisis would look like.

"Nah guys, we can't have a consitutional crisis because the constitution says X and Y.".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And if he refuses to accept it, who will enforce it and how?
    The President that gets elected.

I mean, we might get a situation like Texas had where a governor had locked himself in his office, but Trump won't last more than half a day without his KFC, so it's kinda whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, there would be pockets that allowed it to go, but they are mainly hick towns in the middle of nowhere and would effectively be destroying their own towns and would run off any further investments into their towns by the rest and would still quickly be put down either way.

Lets face it, if they revolt in the middle of nowhere Alabama, they destroy their own stuff and then they get destroyed the moment they leave and even if they stay, they get destroyed by the outside authorities.

Even if 5% of the nation were to stand up, they could overwhelm our military, but that would require the rest to remain still and neutral. That wouldn't happen here.
    Exactly. What are they going to do? Destroy Hickville, Alabama, population 500? And just hurt themselves by destroying their own town?

10+ Year Old Account
    And if he refuses to accept it, who will enforce it and how?
    Is he gonna stop the new president from moving in? Trump isn't some herculean statue of a man; secret service could easily drag his bloated ass out if it came to that.

Besides, Trump wont be making any money if he's holed up in the oval office. He'll sod on back to one of his hotels and rant about his democrat successors on twitter from his penthouse while mooching appearance fees from Fox News and other conservative mouthpieces.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how, exactly, would they do that?
    They're the Commander in Chief.

Short of assuming the military likes Trump enough to rebel (hahahahahahahaha), all it takes is new Pres to go "Hey, drag his ass out".

10+ Year Old Account
    So your conjecture is that the SS, who aren’t charged with enforcing that particular law, would step in and detain/force a man they will be protecting for the rest of his life? Sounds like an interesting theory...
    Why would they be especially beholden to Trump and not to the new President?

Think of this from Trump's perspective. Staging some sort of protest by remaining in the oval office requires effort and dedication, things he is not particularly wont to do. He wouldn't have any actual power and, frankly, it makes him look bad. Even his followers would start to go "really? He's still there?" when it becomes obvious that he's not actually accomplishing anything. Why do that when he can, as I said, go back to his cushy hotel with all the fried food and prostitutes he could ever want while shooting out tweets about how the democrats are screwing everything up and then have conservative mouthpieces begging him for appearances?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

So your conjecture is that the SS, who aren’t charged with enforcing that particular law, would step in and detain/force a man they will be protecting for the rest of his life? Sounds like an interesting theory...
    While it might be interesting for another president, my guess is that trump is, barring pardon, going to be arrested on the 21st. So my guess would be the FBI, not the SS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

7+ Year Old Account
    His conspiracy theories were his biography in truth, how original! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Is he gonna stop the new president from moving in? Trump isn't some herculean statue of a man; secret service could easily drag his bloated ass out if it came to that.

Besides, Trump wont be making any money if he's holed up in the oval office. He'll sod on back to one of his hotels and rant about his democrat successors on twitter from his penthouse while mooching appearance fees from Fox News and other conservative mouthpieces.
    That is if he isn't hauled off in cuffs immediately from the charges in New York plus all the charges with evidence linked in the Mueller Report. Trump knows the moment he is no longer president, his life is fucked because of all that. His options are to die in office or flee the country before his term is officially up.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be the most likely choice in my opinion as well, but if Barr acting in his capacity as AG says no... What happens then?
    Barr would be replaced as AG. Sitting in the White house, or refusing to "give up power" doesn't mean Trump actually retains that power.

The SS is beholden to all those they protect, to a degree at least... it’s part of their mandate. It’d put them in a really fucked up position to order them to enforce a law that isn’t under their purview when the person they’d be enforcing it against is someone they’re sworn to protect with their lives.
    But they're not threatening his life. Just removing him from a situation he doesn't belong in.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-11-24 at 02:08 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

This would be the most likely choice in my opinion as well, but if Barr acting in his capacity as AG says no... What happens then?
    Thought the deputy ag became acting AG on the 21st til a new one gets appointed?

Takes time to replace him, and in the meantime it’s a constitutional crisis. Which is my point.

Oh, and who said shit about threatening his life? Certainly not me at any point in time.
    How is this a constitutional crisis?

Trump loses the election, he can challenge the results if he wants but that doesn't leave him with any power in perpetuity or anything like that. When it comes out that he lost, he loses all authority regardless of what Barr says.

Not only that, the SS can't protect him from legal trouble, only from threats to his life. The police can march in their and arrest him and he can't do crap about it. Same if they are grabbing him on his stuff in New York.

A constitutional crisis, as I know it, is stuff the Constitution can not solve. It isn't a constitutional crisis when they refuse to follow their rules, that is plain old corruption and the rules, as far as I know them, are pretty clear. Trump has no authority regardless of what he tries and it would be a coup to try and keep him in power.

Gotta fire the first AG and all that. These people aren’t automatically replaced.
    This is not consistent with my understanding, but you could be right. It might just be custom that the deputy has taken over on the 21st (remember it was yates not lynch who was there at the start of trump's presidency and ended up getting flynn fired).

Nothing in the constitution addresses what to do in the situation where the sitting president refuses to accept the results of an election, hence constitutional crisis...
    Whether the president accepts the results or not is irrelevant. He has no power officially at that point. So the affluenza ridden turd could scream to the wind all he wants.

The Constitution doesn't say that the president keeps power if he really wants to and denies reality to keep it.

He lost, whether he accepts it or not, he lost that power and can challenge it in court to challenge the results, but that doesn't give him the power back in the meantime.

Nothing in the constitution addresses what to do in the situation where the sitting president refuses to accept the results of an election, hence constitutional crisis...
    WADR, that's like saying since the Constitution says nothing about the Joker movie breaking a billion dollars, that's also a constitutional crisis.

He's no longer a sitting president if he's voted out. At that point he's just a citizen, trespassing. If the POTUS had to certify a presidential election, then you'd have something, but he doesn't.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Republican trust in the system is basically ZERO and Trump base is on the verge of revolution. Its not just HIM refuse to accept outcomes, his base won't either. The Constitution won't matter. He'll just make himself king.
    ....And? He can call himself whatever they want the next president can just scoot him to the curb and let the crazy man with gout yell at the pigeons. If your ilk want to keep praising a man like Trump after he's gone then that's your fault.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    ....And? He can call himself whatever they want the next president can just scoot him to the curb and let the crazy man with gout yell at the pigeons. If your ilk want to keep praising a man like Trump after he's gone then that's your fault.
    You can kick a crazy man to the curb, but when the crazy man's waving a gun its a little more complicated... and the US Military has a lot of guns.

There are so many levels of people that are sworn to protect and uphold the constitution, but that oath has !@#$ing fallen flat at every instance so far. For the average citizen, breaking this oath alone would be a grave offense, but that was then and this is now.