Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Who in their right mind buys 500 ( insert money) for a wow mount.

So that is why everyone who thinks this is a idiot.
    Because there are a LOT of documented cases of people in games across the industry who can and have paid more for less. They're called Super-Whales.

And yes, those people are idiots with more money than sense. But they absolutely exist.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    if you cant make 5mill before shadowlands, what makes you think youd ever be able to?
    Did you play WoD? Or even Legion? Chance is there is an expansion coming where they will fuck up the economy again, because it happened twice before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Most people have multiple characters, yes. The vast majority don't have 14 at max level (especially after Legion burn out). Arguing in bad faith doesn't make you right.
    It wasn't arguing in bad faith. It was an example of how some easy to do gold gains can still be multiplied in Battle for Azeroth. If someone is serious about grinding to 5 million gold by the time the next expansion launches then it is something relatively easy to set up with easy maintenance. With the anniversary leveling to 120 is fast for anyone 110. It slows down the closer you get to 60 but still relatively quick. Below 60 AV should be avoided. It would be pretty easy to get as many set up as possible right now. That is of course if you actually are serious about getting the mount. Instead of just outraged on forums about it.

What else is their to toil away for? You don't need to do that much toiling to get 14k a day. Back when 8.2 launched I was able to get 170k in a week of off and on farming of herbs. Prices dropped so it isn't as lucrative now unless your server is weird. But it is all a matter of perspective. Just as you said Blizzard is hindering you because you spent your gold on other things rather then the AH mount. That was all you hindering yourself by making a choice.

You spent 2.5 million on things that you also didn't know were going away. You choose to prioritize the wrong things and now your desire for the AH mount is apparently greater then those things you spent on. Buyers remorse is not something Blizzard can control. But like you keep saying it is stupid to "toil" away in the game. So it shouldn't be a concern to you because you'd be stupid to not spend the $500 versus toiling. Time limit or no doesn't change how stupid "toiling" is. But yet you are still outraged that you can't toil indefinitely...

And yes. It is a game. A game where you don't need an AH mount. You don't need a Brutosaur mount. You choose to make it important and make the choice on if it is important enough to work towards. You keep contradicting yourself. Saying it is a game so no one should farm for something they want. But Blizzard is bad for not allowing you to farm for what you want. And that people are stupid to farm versus buying tokens in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Paying for digital goods that have already been cost sourced many quarters ago. (Meaning this is free money) Additionally, it's retaining player via gold that they would otherwise not have at all. This is big brain economics going on, not your local convenience store doing a raffle.
    And yet you think that 1.8 million players would be able to amass 5 million gold. Only $5 of every token is free money to Blizzard because it is not tied to the cost of a service or to account balances.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Ooph! Scammy!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...9-0-1/370236/8

Those bastards are getting greedier by the second.
    This was my initial thought also. I don't recall them ever removing a vendor mount before this or even one of the high priced vendor mounts in general. My guess is if they could of, they would of just offered this mount for a flat $200 bucks if they could get away with it, with out causing a ton of complaining from the anti-store bought crowd.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I like it, wow tokens down 30k gold since news of this came out, gold is massively inflated from legion, and new players cant make nearly as much gold , so to help the economy they have to deflate the amount of gold people with millions have, and in turn reduce the wow token price which makes it more consumer friendly for people who want to buy it with gold.

its a win-win to me
    Same here, never really cared about this stupid mount, it's not like you need to check AH every 5 minutes? (unless you play the AH, but in that case you shouldn't be crying about lousy 5 milion gold). It's also too big to use it practically anywhere.

So, so-called "collectors" (who in fact are better described as OCD hoarders) are crying, everyone else will enjoy cheaper tokens.

Cry me a river.

10+ Year Old Account
    My game seems to be a bit bugged. I went to Kun Lai Summit and I saw that you could still buy the Grand Yak. This is the only transmog mount in the game. But that was from MoP and it wasn't removed. This seems like a bug considering Blizzard's reasons for 'removing' the Brutosaur mount.

Hopefully Blizzard sees my bug report in time.

To be perfectly honest, the mount is kinda ugly and too big for my liking. What's good about this mount is obviously the AH.

Which brings me to my point. If you're the type of player who needs a portable AH, then you should already have this mount already. If it takes you more than 9 months or so to get 5 million, then you dont really need a portable AH.

That's how I see it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFarse View Post
    Cute.
    But you see, Blizztard is one of the most corrupt and dirty corporations in the history of mankind and you, for some reason, "conveniently" doesn't acknowledge this.
    io laughed so hard i think i broke one of my ribs...
    blizzard one of the most corrupt and dirty corporations? pull your head out of your ass, they cant hold a candle to likes of EA (and thats just example to stay in the same industry)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    if you believe that Wowhead is the place where the most fanatic people go to add their profile etc, Wowhead has a stat.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=163042/...avan-brutosaur

According to the stat, from all the wowhead profiles only 3% has it.

3% is way too much for a mount that costs 5 million
    I honestly was expecting it to be at 0.1%
    or that is 3% of accounts that are subbed to wowhead not total actual game accounts ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    io laughed so hard i think i broke one of my ribs...
    blizzard one of the most corrupt and dirty corporations? pull your head out of your ass, they cant hold a candle to likes of EA (and thats just example to stay in the same industry)
    u reversed it
    activision CEO Bobby Kodick hates video games with passion, Activision just have smarter PR team that solved the 'problem' by making him shut the f8ck up since over 10 years
    -The very recent one just last year, he increased his already ranked MOST overpayed ceo salary 15%, in same year that blizz made record profit, in same year he fired 10% of company staff, again he fired 10% of all workers, to increase his salary by 15%, while not even suffering loss, on reverse it was the most profit they ever achieved, compare that to nintendo, who when they started to struggle, Satoru Iwata reduced his salary to not fire anyone from his 'family' company
    -He forbid his grandson from playing video game in his presence at leas
    -His single wish is to remove fun from video games, yes when asked what is his most important wish he didn't wish money, or wealth, power or women or even world domination like a stupid james bond villain, his first wish is to remove fun from video game industry, even the interviewer questioned his own hearing
    -He flat out said that he view gamers are ppl who have no self control and would pay anything for games and if it was his choice he would increase game prices even more

Honestly he has so much pure game hating comments and views that an entire thread won't be enough, he just has a smarter PR team who when he took control of activision blizzard and made 2 or 3 interviews, decided to force him to shut up before everyone know how much he hates video games and he is in it just for the big fat paycheck and nothing else
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    That's because the people who make threads, posts on forums, etc. are usually upset about something. Content/happy people rarely spends time posting about it on the forums. It's always like that.
    To me just saddens me. Shadowlands seems pretty nice to me. For someone that is already tired of BfA, and need to wait 1 year still, it's a torture.
    No matter what content they do and bring to BfA, can even be shadowlands itself, with this system i can't appreciate the game. The problem for me it's the expansion itself, i don't like it. So everything better and new i'll bite, because i loved and love this game since teenager and i'm not ready to move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    To be perfectly honest, the mount is kinda ugly and too big for my liking. What's good about this mount is obviously the AH.

Which brings me to my point. If you're the type of player who needs a portable AH, then you should already have this mount already. If it takes you more than 9 months or so to get 5 million, then you dont really need a portable AH.

That's how I see it of course.
    But, but, it's so cute, it's a dinosaur that smiles and makes your day happier, and when it jumps seems like he's having fun and it's a big baby, and it's so sloppy! <3 (I would just remove the AH option)

Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-24 at 07:47 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    you dont really need a portable AH.
    What's with people always referring to needs in a video game. You don't need a single thing here. Whatever someone needs or not is completely irrelevant to the topic.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I already have a yak for that.

Plus I'm an Engineer, so I don't even need a yak.
    I was talking about that yak. I'm an Engineer too but but portable xmog appartus ain't free.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    I was talking about that yak. I'm an Engineer too but but portable xmog appartus ain't free.
    Sure they are, with barely any farming too.
    Here is something to believe in!

I don't get it. What's all the fuss about?

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    I don't get it. What's all the fuss about?
    Roughly? *whine* *whine* "I won't get giant brontosaurus with AH unless I pay $400 in tokens"
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    Roughly? *whine* *whine* "I won't get giant brontosaurus with AH unless I pay $400 in tokens"
    I still don't see how tokens enter the equation. Most people that have millions of gold don't get it by buying tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    3% is way too much for a mount that costs 5 million
    I honestly was expecting it to be at 0.1%
    or that is 3% of accounts that are subbed to wowhead not total actual game accounts ?

- - - Updated - - -

u reversed it
    activision CEO Bobby Kodick hates video games with passion, Activision just have smarter PR team that solved the 'problem' by making him shut the f8ck up since over 10 years
    -The very recent one just last year, he increased his already ranked MOST overpayed ceo salary 15%, in same year that blizz made record profit, in same year he fired 10% of company staff, again he fired 10% of all workers, to increase his salary by 15%, while not even suffering loss, on reverse it was the most profit they ever achieved, compare that to nintendo, who when they started to struggle, Satoru Iwata reduced his salary to not fire anyone from his 'family' company
    -He forbid his grandson from playing video game in his presence at leas
    -His single wish is to remove fun from video games, yes when asked what is his most important wish he didn't wish money, or wealth, power or women or even world domination like a stupid james bond villain, his first wish is to remove fun from video game industry, even the interviewer questioned his own hearing
    -He flat out said that he view gamers are ppl who have no self control and would pay anything for games and if it was his choice he would increase game prices even more

Honestly he has so much pure game hating comments and views that an entire thread won't be enough, he just has a smarter PR team who when he took control of activision blizzard and made 2 or 3 interviews, decided to force him to shut up before everyone know how much he hates video games and he is in it just for the big fat paycheck and nothing else
    Bobby Kotick being imbecile =/= blizzard being corrupt and dirty... as CEO of activision he have a lot of power but he is not allmighty...
    and if you pay a bit attention to other gaming companies you know what acti/blizz does is a fart in a hurricane, and lets not even go outside of gaming industry...

as for firing employees, i can understand people who have no clue about economics can be pissed about that, but WTF should they do with 800 employee they dont need?! keep them around just bcs they can afford it? even though they would just sit there do nothing? bcs they didnt fire game developers, who they could assign to different projects, but community managers and similar... keeping around people that have nothing to do is sure way to run your company to the ground
    Last edited by Lolites; 2019-11-24 at 09:18 AM.

Bunch of lazy, whiny babies. "It's so much gold, you can only get it with RL-Money, what a scam".
    I never bought a single WoW-Token and i have the Long Boi, the Spider + multiple others pets and mounts worth millions of Gold. And no, im not a goblin, i don't play the AH, sell Boosts or something like that. The BfA-Cycle is long enough, if you are not ambitious enough to make that money it's your fault. Stop Bitching about it because you don't know how to get there. You just didn't deserved it then.

Good move from Blizzard to remove the Long Boi and not reduce his value because everyone could get it sometime because of inflation. It's something real special, because it's the only Mount with an AH on it. And people that where ambitious enough to get it, get rewarded with something unique now.
    Last edited by Aradur; 2019-11-24 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    -His single wish is to remove fun from video games, yes when asked what is his most important wish he didn't wish money, or wealth, power or women or even world domination like a stupid james bond villain, his first wish is to remove fun from video game industry, even the interviewer questioned his own hearing.
    Where to start:

1. Kotick said that he wanted to take the fun out of making video games. You can agree or disagree with developers adding a few thousand dollars onto the development budget of video games with the party budget. You can also agree or disagree with the thought that the business of video games is a serious thing that its makers should take seriously. It was 2009 and the future economic outlook for the video game industry (as well as a ton of other shit in the world economy) was that of looking at a few more years of recovery from the very deep recession that nearly took out Wall Street in 2008. Other than that, nothing else much to say about it other than he could have said this better and that a culture of "fear and pessimism" in game studios is likely counterproductive. But I see this all the time and "taking the fun out of video games" is not what he said. Too many studios have blown up promising games with ridiculous expenses, sloppy management, and waste. That's another side of it.

2. Less important but still sloppy is that he said this in a speech, not an interview. It was a speech to the Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference.

So, think what you want of Bobby Kotick--I don't like him but he's made Activision a huge business success which is his job--but don't misquote him and get your facts straight.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-24 at 09:44 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."