Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Traveler View Post
    The question is, why would a Lightforged Draenei choose to become a Death Knight? Original Death Knights were turned against their will by Arthas. New Death Knights will do so willingly. Makes no sense for a Lightforged Draenei.
    Maybe because they would feel they have a duty to stop Sylvanas in whatever she's doing instead of just jumping into the afterlife in Bastion and transforming to a spirit healer?

I don't know the storyline of allied race DK intro, but I'd imagine Bolvar sells it to them as "Sylvanas is breaking the world and afterworld apart, we need to stop her, stop being dead and useless, stand up and fight".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This is honestly the most confusing and worst piece of PC lore since undead DKs dying three times.
    Nah the most confusing one is Worgens being supposedly immune to resurrection - humans willingly became Worgen in Silverpine to deny Forsaken the possibility of raising them as one of theirs. And then there are Worgen DKs because apparently "it's a more powerful version of raise". Lol wtf, especially since now we've been told that Sylvanas had special powers since the pact with the Jailer done after defeating of Arthas (so since pre-Cata).

Gameplay.

There. Imagine the shitshow if "all" DK players got access to all Allied races, only to then be told "except for Lightforged Draenei, you still got regular Draenei for that lol..."

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    same concept as raising a paladin as a dk.

it makes a stronger dk, because of the corruption of a holy being.
    Played the end of the DK campaign, the logic checks out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Nah the most confusing one is Worgens being supposedly immune to resurrection - humans willingly became Worgen in Silverpine to deny Forsaken the possibility of raising them as one of theirs. And then there are Worgen DKs because apparently "it's a more powerful version of raise". Lol wtf, especially since now we've been told that Sylvanas had special powers since the pact with the Jailer done after defeating of Arthas (so since pre-Cata).
    They bounced around several explanations. The one I heard for DKs is that the feral instinct fights for dominance over the undeath, and only the LK is a strong enough necromancer to overcome it and have his will beat it into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Traveler View Post
    The question is, why would a Lightforged Draenei choose to become a Death Knight? Original Death Knights were turned against their will by Arthas. New Death Knights will do so willingly. Makes no sense for a Lightforged Draenei.
    You don't exactly willingly become a death knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Using the Light is a matter of faith, not race or anything. The Scarlet Crusade are considered evil and can use the Light. Undead Priests can use the Light. Sir Zeliek is a Death Knight and can use the light. Lightbound Draenei can still die and can still be raised/corrupted.

Nah the most confusing one is Worgens being supposedly immune to resurrection - humans willingly became Worgen in Silverpine to deny Forsaken the possibility of raising them as one of theirs. And then there are Worgen DKs because apparently "it's a more powerful version of raise". Lol wtf.
    It wasn't that worgen were immune to resurrection, it's that the val'kyr could only raise humans and worgen no longer counted. Remember, the 7th Legion started sending entire units of night elves, gnomes, and dwarves to counter that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It wasn't that worgen were immune to resurrection, it's that the val'kyr could only raise humans and worgen no longer counted. Remember, the 7th Legion started sending entire units of night elves, gnomes, and dwarves to counter that.
    Aaaand after Darkshore scenario apparently Val'kyrs CAN raise Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Wait, are they going to start at level 55?
    All DK's start at level 55....

We've had a Naaru raise a corpse into undeath. Calia's the first example that came in "Before the Storm". Untill then we've seen the Light raise the dead into the living, basically restoring into the state prior to death. It ruined established lore and warped established knowledge about how raising into undeath works in Warcraft (it was never perfect storytelling, but it is at an all-time low right now)

All of that changed; you now have the Light raise the dead into Light-based undeath, instead of restoring a being back to its living self. It didn't make sense with Calia and it doesn't make sense with the LF.

It is as if Sylvanas gained new powers over death. Mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    It is as if Sylvanas gained new powers over death. Mysterious.
    Yeah and apparently she did after she jumped off ICC in the time point between wotlk and Cata... And she went into Shadowlands and made her pact with Jailer.

Wait, are they going to start at level 55?
    Until the squish anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Light isnt the counterpart of death, some other races already proven that light doesnt stop necromancy, like undead priests or even some death knights that got strong connection to the light like whitemane who still can use holy magic.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-11-24 at 12:47 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Unholy Lightforged Deathknight can still use the light but are called unholy yet have a sigil of the naaru above their heads. And what exactly makes them Lightforged after death? They would simply be Draenei DKs. This is honestly the most confusing and worst piece of PC lore since undead DKs dying three times.

not only that but when they die in end they’ll unleash a huge burst of light wtf?!
    Players: omg its garbage that new races like panda and allied can't be DKs Blizzard is so lazy

Also players: omg its garbage that race that uses fictional holy power can now use fictional evil power reeeeeeeeeee

There really is no pleasing some of you people.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

You get a Lightforged Draenei.
    You kill it.
    You rez it as a Death Knight.
    Boom. Pineapple pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Players: omg its garbage that new races like panda and allied can't be DKs Blizzard is so lazy

Also players: omg its garbage that race that uses fictional holy power can now use fictional evil power reeeeeeeeeee

There really is no pleasing some of you people.
    Well it does please me that they add them.

Since we already have some lore-unfriendly class / race combos like Worgen DKs, Goblin Shamans, Orc Mages, Dwarf Warlocks (the vanilla kind, Dark Irons are fine), and you can already play a Void Elf Holy Priest (lol), then just loosen the class / race combos so people can have some cosmetic variety, basically anything that isn't druid, demon hunter, shaman or paladin could be easily accessible for any race, and even those 4 that require extra effort with graphical effects (druid forms, dh tattoos / horns, shaman totems, paladin charger) could have a few more options, because why not.

The whole story is retcon on top of retcon, and it's just annoying when this pile of mess gets in the way of some classes or races having parity of options. Compare the number of classes Zandalari can be in comparison to Highmountain... Or how you're stuck with so few options as a Druid, Paladin, or worse, Demon Hunter.

Also for the love of Light, why can't we have Lightforged Monks? Wasn't the whole Jed'hin tournament about martial arts tradition?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    All DK's start at level 55....
    I was just asking because someone said that they were going to start at level 20 because they're Allied Races. It would make it a bit faster to get to 110 (for the Heritage Armor) if they're 58
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    same concept as raising a paladin as a dk.

it makes a stronger dk, because of the corruption of a holy being.
    this is a good point, but can someone raise a lightforged into undeath?? i mean they are pretty much made of the light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You can have undeads using Holy magic ever since Classic and it has never killed any of them, especially Sir Zeliek. They only feel pain, but it's not damaging.

This time the only difference is that Lightforged carry a bit more Light than the general Death Knight. But they behave like any Draenei Death Knight, except with 15% more Light.
    you have to remember that when someone is lightforged it nows lives forever, so may be their bodies arent the same as they were before, so resurrecting them shuldnt be possible, less turning them into death knights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Extra DK sskins probably wouldnt be here now anyways, my guess is that if ARs get that extra skin they will either get it in 8.3.5 as a special treat or in the 9.0 pre-patch when the character customization is updated.

- - - Updated - - -

For how LFD DKs are possible i imagine it is quite easy.

LFD dies, Bolvar ressurects them.
    Nothing in the established lore actually precludes an LFD from being ressurected i would think. If Zeliek and Sally Whitemane could retain and use their holy powers when they got ressurected i don't see why LFD wouldnt.
    their bodies are special, so i think they shouldnt be able to be resurrected.

I was just asking because someone said that they were going to start at level 20 because they're Allied Races. It would make it a bit faster to get to 110 (for the Heritage Armor) if they're 58
    Kinda waiting for clarification of that one too. If they indeed start at 55 before 9.0 and can be played from 8.3... And are not excluded from heritage armor eligibility...
    Imma gonna preorder and Mechagnome DK here I go!

Maybe because they would feel they have a duty to stop Sylvanas in whatever she's doing instead of just jumping into the afterlife in Bastion and transforming to a spirit healer?

I don't know the storyline of allied race DK intro, but I'd imagine Bolvar sells it to them as "Sylvanas is breaking the world and afterworld apart, we need to stop her, stop being dead and useless, stand up and fight".

- - - Updated - - -

i think silvanas powers have been growing over time, she didnt just get that powerful after meeting the jailer

- - - Updated - - -

because they are drawing power from silvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    this is a good point, but can someone raise a lightforged into undeath?? i mean they are pretty much made of the light.
    they're changed by the light, but they're not made of it.

judging by some of the death quotes from lightforged npcs, their souls are still capable of going to the shadowlands upon death. meaning not even their souls have been turned completely too the light.