Do you think Death Stranding now soft proves the theory MGSurvive was Kojimas idea?

So i'm 15 hours into Death Stranding and i'm noticing a certain number of similarities to a game which i know certain friends refuse to even acknowledge exists "because its just cashing in on Kojimas work! #fuckonami!" when the more i see the more i believe it actually was Kojimas work in the end after all. To begin with at least.

To compare a few things from the two:

-You begin the game as the sole survivor of a job gone disastrously wrong but are discovered to have a special power in the process.

-The world is a ruin and an environmental weather effect renders most of it uninhabitable. Timefall rain in DS and the foglike particles of the Dread Dust in MGSurvive

-You explore the world relinking a network of safe haven hubs while collecting materials including a mysterious crystal maguffin resource.

-Your character moves very similarly to MGSV but with a weight limit and stamina bar

-Your enemies are undead of a sort with basic AI that can be taken out if approached via stealth but will swiftly outnumber you intending to grapple you, drag you down and overwhelm you. With none humanoid enemies largely being monstrous animal like beasts.

-You take a limited loadout on missions which let you heal, attack and most notably 3d print terrain, tools and useful objects out of thin air.

-Your guide on your mission is a african american man of higher rank who hides his identity behind a facade

-You follow in the footsteps of a previous mission by a group that tried and failed to do what you do. Bridges in DS and the Charon Corps in MGSurvive.

-The humanoid villain is a military man with a connection to the undead and can summon them at will

-A child is the key to all of this though at first he is treated like a broken, defective thing with no use till the protagonist saves them and they work together

-Crux of world is a hyper advanced technology that allows for materials, power and information to instantly travel impossible distances instantly but allowed these creatures to bleed into our reality from elsewhere

-Fanservice and 4th wall breaking namedrops to the publishers library of games

and so on. Remember back when Kojima was making MGSV he kept tweeting "i want to make the zombie game"? The more i see of Death Stranding the more i think Survive was a planned PVE addition to MGO3 or something and the 'stranded' motherbase soldiers in MGSV were a connective tissue easter egg, but Konami freaked out when they saw how much he was spending and how the game was only 2/3rds done so it got cut, Kojima quit and Konami later salvaged it to make a quick buck while Kojima was legally able to make his own [DISTINCT ENOUGH FOR COPYRIGHT REASONS] version as a full game rather than a budget spin off of MGSV proper which explains how Death Stranding was conceptualised so fast.

This isn't to shit on Death Stranding which bar the BT's having this annoying "stop you in your tracks slowdown" every time you pass by an area near them i like it quite a lot, but i've always wondered if Survive would have gotten much more of a fair shake if his name was on it much like the time Big Boss fought a Rathalos in Peace Walker in a side thing that back in the day in any other game would have been 'ridiculous' in the era before Geralt can show up in Monster Hunter World. Now after playing DS it just feels like maybe Survive was a cutting room floor idea that didn't get the fair chance it deserved and considering people like Silent Hills Matsuhiro Ito and the two other leads from Boktai and Zone of the Enders managed to escape mobage/pachislot hell for a time to work on it and not phone it in is kind of a shame really.

If you've played both what do you think about the extreme similarities between the two?
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2019-11-24 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Yeah... no.
    uh huh, and everyone will be "ashamed of their words and deeds" over Quiet as well right?

Kojima is not an infallible god, sometimes he tells little white lies and if he was working on a very similar game he wouldn't just say "oh yeah i was making that, now heres my suspiciously similar idea" because Konami would have totally let that slide wouldn't they?

what do conspiracy theories bring you in life?

No and if even by some chance part of it was his idea, The game wasn't developed under him at all.

Also wtf is a soft proves? Ether something is proven or it isn't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's fairly obvious MG Survive was Konami being "we spent all this fucking money on Kojima's engine so we have to make something besides PES with it". What a wild conspiracy thread, game wasn't even in development when Kojima left Konami lol.

It was through the power of soft proving that man finally learned how to turn head canon into reality!
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a stretch. But even if it is true, the biggest issues with MG Survive are not in the concepts, they are in the execution. In the hands of a competent director I fully believe MG Survive could have been a solid game. And really, you can just look at Death Stranding for proof. On paper, Death Stranding sounds like the most boring game of all time and yet many people seem to quite enjoy it. I cannot speak to this myself as it sounded like completely not my style of game so I didn't buy it but I do know people who and having a good time with it. Even if when asked some of them cannot articulate exactly what about the game they are enjoying.

So was MG Survive originally an idea of Kojima's? Maybe. Does that make the game less trash? Not at all.