Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    i know right? its such a damning statement on the quality of game design, obsession with games as a service, microtransactions, and cynical skinner box design elements in all the AAA titles nowadays.
    THIS 100%

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    So many salty comments in here from people that don't like classic winning an award.

It's almost like they have Classic Derangement Syndrome. Are they really that blue in the face?
    Is it anything like Retail Derangement Syndrome? No it isn't...because we don't have to constantly make threads about how Retail is the best and Classic sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flizzle View Post
    There is a panel of 'Judges' that select which games are to be voted on. Other games journos and such like.
    The votes are then from anyone in the community that happens across the website, most of which are redundant votes from bots or repeat voters FYI.

Its a fun event, but pretty baseless and more or less tailored to who they want business from.
    So this is just a "Boaty McBoatface"-level-event and not a real award?

Good for Classic and the people enjoying it! I've never heard of the award and don't know which games it was up against (so don't @me), but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Dear retailers, you should absolutely want Classic to succeed as it helps convince Blizzard management to fund retail development due to interest in the Warcraft IP, as opposed to more budget/staff cuts. Please stop shooting yourselves in the feet.
    They announced an increase in resources towards WoW long before Classic came out.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-11-23 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    So this is just a "Boaty McBoatface"-level-event and not a real award?
    I dont really know the grounds of what quantifies as a 'Real Award'
    But as somebody that used to work for the company (not recently but not longer than a decade ago) and had a hand with this event itself for a few years..
    It made me laugh because its a bit of a sham. The UK needs more gaming events, but this one is a corporate bash designed to make money rather than serve the community. I dont know how its still a show after 30+ years to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The only game that isn't better than Classic is Anthem. Every other game mentioned destroy Classic. This just proves that people have no fucking proper taste in video games anymore. Classic absolutely does not deserve that reward.
    Destiny 2 sucked. Division 2 I get 100 item drops and none are any good, it sucks. Red dead isnt on the PC so who cares. We dont care about your taste. The point is an ancient game did infact get a huge amount of attention and players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Destiny 2 sucked. Division 2 I get 100 item drops and none are any good, it sucks. Red dead isnt on the PC so who cares. We dont care about your taste. The point is an ancient game did infact get a huge amount of attention and players.
    Red Dead has been released on pc btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Yeah it got a lot of attention but that doesn't make it game of the year AT ALL. The only reason it won was because the rabid fans voted the fuck out of it to fuck with the data. It is not deserving of PC game of the year. Control deserves it more than Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Is it anything like Retail Derangement Syndrome? No it isn't...because we don't have to constantly make threads about how Retail is the best and Classic sucks.
    Is this one of those threads? Why are you in here angry about an award?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this one of those threads? Why are you in here angry about an award?
    Probably...because Classic players loves to point out every little thing, and when there is nothing to point out they lie...or manipulate voting.

Pretty much all of those games are better than Classic...but because the zealots are that obsessed with trying to make Classic look good so it can live up to their guarantees of having millions of players for years to come and Retail will die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    So many salty comments in here from people that don't like classic winning an award.

It's almost like they have Classic Derangement Syndrome. Are they really that blue in the face?
    I am pretty certain it's not about the fact that Classic won an award, but more the award that it won, specifically. I hold no salt for Classic at all. I just think it winning GotY is kind of ridiculous.

But that's just my opinion, and you aren't required to share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I am pretty certain it's not about the fact that Classic won an award, but more the award that it won, specifically. I hold no salt for Classic at all. I just think it winning GotY is kind of ridiculous.

But that's just my opinion, and you aren't required to share it.
    its meaningless, kinda like nobel prize for peace going to Obama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Probably...because Classic players loves to point out every little thing, and when there is nothing to point out they lie...or manipulate voting.

Pretty much all of those games are better than Classic...but because the zealots are that obsessed with trying to make Classic look good so it can live up to their guarantees of having millions of players for years to come and Retail will die.
    So it's a conspiracy of manipulated voting? Are Russians involved too? Do you have any evidence, or are you the one lying?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean....Classic IS mostly dead now. There's like 3-4 servers that have people on them with the rest being literal ghost towns.
    They're majority full or high, stop spreading bs becuase you're jealous that retail is dead please.

So dead

It doesn't say much for the competition when a 15 year-old game wins PC game of the year. I bet the judges were off their faces on nostalgia when they awarded this to WOW Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    They're majority full or high, stop spreading bs becuase you're jealous that retail is dead please.

So dead
    Man, nice screenshot from the first couple of weeks of Classic's release, bro.

So dead
    You know this screenshot could several months old right? And what is a full server has still lower max pop than a modern wow one? etc...
    Stop being so biaised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice clutching at straws in denial, mate. It was taken 6 days ago by me. Just admit you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You know this screenshot could several months old right? And what is a full server has still lower max pop than a modern wow one? etc...
    Stop being so biaised.
    I took it myself 6 days ago, so no, it is not several months old. Show me proof of Blizzard saying Classic servers are lower capacity than retail then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Your screenshot falls a bit flat on it's face as it shows that is only has about 25% of the amount of Full / High realms that Retail has.

I mean, sure, it shows that it's not dead, but it is ammunition for Retail players to know it is only about 25% as active too.
    Yet retail is a ghost town in comparison? Claiming retail is 75% more popular/active is laughable. Classic is booming.
    Last edited by TJ; 2019-11-24 at 02:13 PM. Reason: typo

What he posted is a new screenshot.

Nice clutching at straws in denial, mate. It was taken 6 days ago by me. Just admit you're wrong.

I took it myself 6 days ago, so no, it is not several months old. Show me proof of Blizzard saying Classic servers are lower capacity than retail then.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet retail is a ghost town in comparison? Claiming retail is 75% more popular/active is laughable. Classic is booming.

Show me proof that it was taken 6 days ago. You are so biaised, I can't trust your word.

Modern Wow is booming as well. I have no issue for mm+ or pug EP.

And you know what, since Classic launched, pugs are far more enjoyable. Go figure.