Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only noobs do PvP. Real players do PvE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I just don't expect it to be a problem for people lvl'n. Sure you'll get ganked now and again, but you'll still be able to play.
    It's kind of already beginning to be like this. My experience as an Alliance player is that I've been able to quest a lot more whereas before it was constant ganking at flightpaths/throughout zone and you could hardly kill 1 mob before getting ganked again by horde roam squads or single lv 60s (I'm not 60 yet on pvp server).

Now though even when I'm in places like Un'goro and see a 60 they're more concerned getting that devilsaur leather than ganking me and the ones who do happen to gank me do it once, maybe twice if they find me again and then move on. But I've been able to actually get quests done and level up compared to the 1st week of honor release, it's a dramatically different take.

Honor is quickly drying up for these kinds of honor farmers as more people are either simply staying in towns, dungeon grinding the last few levels, or simply not logging on anymore.

When BGs come it will get even more sparse, because then more pvpers will be doing those for better honor rates than the world gankers.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Only noobs do PvP. Real players do PvE.
    Yeah, cause it's WoW. The developers always had a bias for PvE since the very beginning. Pretty sure like 90% of resources goes into making PvE better (more raids, dungeons, zones, quests etc.), and PvP is just an afterthought (occasionally you maybe get a new BG/arena?). Not to mention, the devs probably balance classes around PvE first and foremost, and PvP only secondly. This probably isn't the game for you if you want first-class PvP, but the PvP in WoW still is surprisingly better than other theme-park MMOs that tried their hands at PvP (looking at you FFXIV).

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the OP's logic. The horde are cowards for teaming up on alliance. The alliance are cowards for understandably avoiding conflict. Nobody wins. Everyone's a coward. The end.

Since i rolled on a pve server I think this phase is pretty great ^.^
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Gotta love the OP's logic. The horde are cowards for teaming up on alliance. The alliance are cowards for understandably avoiding conflict. Nobody wins. Everyone's a coward. The end.
    You know the rules, roll on PvP server to gank people, not to BE ganked.

Quote Originally Posted by ace of hoofs View Post
    what's the worst part of this phase? The cowardize Alliance that only hide and run a way from any situation, even those they could easily win, or the pathetic horde that has to outman any situation 10 to 1, and then run whenever they don't got a huge advantage?
    Personally I'm thinking of rerolling horde, a little tired of these 1.5 sec reaction time grandad alliance players

yes im salty and tilted
    Sounds like a tweet rather than mmo forum material.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wpvp is cool if you aren't a tank or a healer. It exposes how half baked PVP design is in classic. Without dual spec and gear and talents that would help healers do something, the healer player base would just slowly dwindle down to nothing and every healer would be a raid logger, because you can't actually do anything else.

I already basically feel as though I can do nothing but raid. No gear, no talents, no BGs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Wpvp is cool if you aren't a tank or a healer. It exposes how half baked PVP design is in classic. Without dual spec and gear and talents that would help healers do something, the healer player base would just slowly dwindle down to nothing and every healer would be a raid logger, because you can't actually do anything else.

I already basically feel as though I can do nothing but raid. No gear, no talents, no BGs, etc.
    Or you can group with almost anyone and stomp people, I'll pass on the snide comments about it being an MMO and all, because it's perfectly valid to feel as a solo player WPvP is fucking awful, I pretty much played a tank warrior on all the pirate servers so I do sympathise.

But in WPvP a player that is healer specced and actually knows how to heal in PvP, and is playing with others are much more formidable than an even greater number of opponents with no heals or dispells amongst them. Especially bloody holy paladins >.< Of course if you have no actual interest in PvPing you'd be playing on a PvE server so I assume the idea of spending a few hours with a few others roaming a zone looking for brawls isn't utterly distasteful to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Oh that's neat, thanks for the info. <3
    Np, happy to help.