Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    same concept as raising a paladin as a dk.

it makes a stronger dk, because of the corruption of a holy being.
    Pretty much this! Besides, Ashbringer a weapon made from a Naaru was corrupted by death magic. Id like an option to change the sigil from yellow to blue, I think that would end this discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You can have undeads using Holy magic ever since Classic and it has never killed any of them, especially Sir Zeliek.
    Was going to mention him.

Yes you can have a light wielding DK. Zeliek's faith in the Light was so strong it answered his call in undeath. Thus a Lightforged Draenei's devotion to the Light would be just as strong.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    this is a good point, but can someone raise a lightforged into undeath?? i mean they are pretty much made of the light.
    What they did with Calia suggest that one can be both undead and made of light at the same time.

you have to remember that when someone is lightforged it nows lives forever, so may be their bodies arent the same as they were before, so resurrecting them shuldnt be possible, less turning them into death knights.
    Well if they can be killed, and they can, then they're the same as other immortal races, afaik normal Draenei and Night Elves also "live forever" unless killed, and they can be dks.

Yes, their "body structure" is altered but so is of void elves, nightborne and several other races that are basically mutated / altered from something due to *some higher power*.

King Crisom would explain to you, how this works exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Wait, are they going to start at level 55?

All allied DK will start at 55 afaik, ironic considering they aren't Arthas` DK.

After squish all DK, DH and Allied will start at 10 IIRC.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I am sure there will be some explanation given in game, it doesn't make sense now, but we have no idea how the Allied Race DKs will start.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    What they did with Calia suggest that one can be both undead and made of light at the same time.
    while lightforged death knights are completely possible, this isn't the same thing.

calia was resurrected by the light in the manner that usually necromancy raises a person. there is no death magic in her body, just light improperly binding her soul to her corpse. that is the process that creates undead.

lore hasnt been a deciding factor in race/class restrictions since the game was created. they just use it as a bs excuse to not unlock more class/race combos because.... literally no reason. undead priests being anything other than shadow even in vanilla is enough proof of that.

they can break lore for gameplay reasons, but fuck gameplay reasons, were not breaking lore for more combos.

i would also like to point out that there are some circumstances where races can be classes that arent available to players. im not sure why were stuck in the narrative of we can only be what were told, when theres no reason i couldnt learn druidism on an orc, human, etc. as long as i have the affinity to use a certain type of magic, there is no reason i shouldnt be able to be pretty much anything i want, besides maybe death knight or demon hunter.

technically.... couldnt a demon hunter teach someone else the ways of being a demon hunter? and to be a death knight, being in the wrong place at the wrong time could have been possible. the pandaren dk in WoD shows us that.
    Last edited by Sevarin; 2019-11-24 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    The OG Death Knight was a Paladin for shits sake
    More like a Warlock, tbh. <sigh> Teron Gorefiend doesn't get the respect he deserves. Mofo was the main character of Horde side in WC2: BtDP for fuck's sake.

People keep wanting Arthas to return, but I just want to see Teron again.
    Last edited by Dark Succ; 2019-11-24 at 02:33 AM.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

Our lord and saviour N'Zoth tells us that the light has made a bargain with "the enemy of all" (presumably death), so... the two cosmic forces can work together it seems - if they're willing to do so.

Since the release of chronicle it seems that the Light isn't the antithetical force to death that it always was since wc3 (that's the void now). Not even sure what place/meaning the terms "holy" and "unholy" have lorewise anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWarrior View Post
    More like a Warlock, tbh. <sigh> Teron Gorefiend doesn't get the respect he deserves. Mofo was the main character of Horde side in WC2: BtDP for fuck's sake.

People keep wanting Arthas to return, but I just want to see Teron again.
    But not done to shit as they did him in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    same concept as raising a paladin as a dk.

it makes a stronger dk, because of the corruption of a holy being.
    That was the original concept for the DK class. You basically converted your pally to being a DK. Damn I wish they went with that concept

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    But not done to shit as they did him in WoD.
    The only good things WoD had was Spires of Arak, Anveena's Feather and it's raids. Fuck everything else.

Fucking Wrathion making us suffer that shit.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

For each person being outraged by lore inconsistency, there's another person saying lore shouldn't be blocking race/class combinations.

Besides, most of current races dont make sense being DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Unholy Lightforged Deathknight can still use the light but are called unholy yet have a sigil of the naaru above their heads. And what exactly makes them Lightforged after death? They would simply be Draenei DKs. This is honestly the most confusing and worst piece of PC lore since undead DKs dying three times.

not only that but when they die in end they’ll unleash a huge burst of light wtf?!
    Lightforged DKs aren't as bad. Lightforged Undead (like Calia) on the other hand...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Most of the older notable sect of the second generation DK's (the ones we play, not the one's created by Gul'dan from the Shadow Council's souls) were fallen-away Paladins who feared death and illness and were seduced by the Cult of the Damned's rhetoric. There's a precedent for beings otherwise infused by the Light falling into the clutches of the Scourge. Arthas Menethil himself, Alexandros Mograine, Darion Mograine, Aurius Rivendare, Sir Zeliek, and Sally Whitemane were all Paladins or Priests prior to their transformation into Scourge Death Knights. In that sense, it scans that the Lightforged can become Death Knights just like Paladins or Priests can - they just need to be converted by a powerful Necromancer such as Arthas or now Bolvar.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The big problem I actually see with Lightforged Draenei is... aren't they supposed to blow up after killed? I know, many of the guys in BfA don't do that, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    you have to remember that when someone is lightforged it nows lives forever, so may be their bodies arent the same as they were before, so resurrecting them shuldnt be possible, less turning them into death knights.
    They still made of flesh and bones dude. They can be ressed like any other Death Knight.

It's just that they have that extra Light.

There's no current rule (nor old one since Classic WoW) that stops a necromancer from ressurecting a Lightforged. None.

Lightforged shouldnt be able to use the light after undeath because if they’re unholy how can they use unholy?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Lightforged shouldnt be able to use the light after undeath because if they’re unholy how can they use unholy?
    Plenty of reasonable answers in this thread already. Are you going to repeat this until you convince yourself they don't make sense or what's your point right now?