Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alliance Is Tyrande already using the Ardenweald?

I noticed a striking resemblance between the glittering navy blue magics that engulf the Alliance champion/the fallen Horde and the artwork for Ardenweald while doing the Night Warrior chain again recently. Assuming the artwork is consistent, it really looks like whatever power Elune is bestowing upon the Army of the Black Moon is either from, or coincidentally also within the Ardenweald.

You can see it flowing out of their trees.

And at the feet of these corpses.

As their glittery navy blue brand of energy -- if there was any truth to this:

And as Tyrande's intended destination in Shadowlands. Presumably the answer she's looking for is to why Elune abandoned her children."

It also might be worth noting that on the same questline, the Forsaken Val'kyr Brynja uses the purple chain magic on the Alliance champion that Sylvanas used on Bolvar in the new cinematic. Shandris also notes that Maiev has become more powerful after dispatching some plague troopers, which the warden attributes to vengeance -- but I couldn't find any Revendreth magicks coming off of her haha!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

There was a "leak" (among 9999999 others) which said that Tyrande is going to find out that Elune and Death (maybe even Jailor?) are "frenemies"....

There are COUNTLESS good "possible outcomes" when it's about Tyrande/Azshara/Sylvanas.... I hope Blizzard writers won't fuck it up... I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

I love how they completely forgot about Maiev powers in a patch dedicated to Night Elf "Vengence".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    A sort of potential creep of visual retconning in Warcraft III: Reforged then, but in a way that fleshes out the story and adds to it rather than takes away? I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    There was a "leak" (among 9999999 others) which said that Tyrande is going to find out that Elune and Death (maybe even Jailor?) are "frenemies"....
    Interesting. Curious if "Death" refers to a specific dude in a robe with a scythe, the cosmic law defining the end of a mortal's life, or the Shadowlands as a whole? I could see an argument for why the "Death", whatever it is, wouldn't be happy with the Night Elves in particular for failing to return to the Shadowlands for the past ten-millennia due to Titano-Draconic intervention, and feel that Teldrassil's fate was their due.
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    I love how they completely forgot about Maiev powers in a patch dedicated to Night Elf "Vengence".
    Yes. I think Makani made a meme out of it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

There are COUNTLESS good "possible outcomes" when it's about Tyrande/Azshara/Sylvanas.... I hope Blizzard writers won't fuck it up... I hope...
    Well first of that leak got everything wrong. Second, we know from the books that Elune interfered into Sylvanas plans so I doubt that Elune works with the jailor. In fact, Ardenweald runs low on anima because of the jailor.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    I could see an argument for why the "Death", whatever it is, wouldn't be happy with the Night Elves in particular for failing to return to the Shadowlands for the past ten-millennia due to Titano-Draconic intervention, and feel that Teldrassil's fate was their due.
    That's a pretty intriguing take on things. Would be great if this was an integral part of the narrative reasoning behind much of what has happened.

Well, druidism has two sides, life and death, so judging by the close affinity druids, especially balance druids, have with Elune and the nature of wisps, we can see some connection death has with Elune. Malfurion is familiar with this other side of death when it relates to druidism, and the Kul Tirans wield it brazenly, its kinda their thing. (blue/black magic).

I see Maiev is race changing to Velf. Good move!

But yes this is quite possible. Pre-BFA Tyrande was a servant of the Light, Life and Elune, connected to the Emerald Dream somewhat (though not as much as her husband), it would make sense if the power of the Night Warrior does actually come from Ardenweald as the darker reflection of the Emerald Dream. Especially since Tyrande sacrificed an Orc head for it, maybe she did sacrifice this Orcs anima and through the ritual made sure it was directed to Ardenweald.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    We know from the books that Elune interfered into Sylvanas plans
    Which book was that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Which book was that?
    It's obliquely referred to in "A Good War."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    I mean ... not really. The Night Warrior was originally meant to be Maiev, but they later changed their minds and decided to use Tyrande instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Elune didn't interfere so that all those souls would go into the Shadowlands? And perhaps the mantle of the Night Warrior will give Tyrande the power to free them from the Maw and they can join the Shadowlands' forces to combat the jailor since they have clearly not been enough to stop him on their own?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Second, we know from the books that Elune interfered into Sylvanas plans so I doubt that Elune works with the jailor. In fact, Ardenweald runs low on anima because of the jailor.
    Just to be clear, you're referring to the moonlight that seems to stay Saurfang's axe from killing Malfurion in A Good War?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    That's a pretty intriguing take on things. Would be great if this was an integral part of the narrative reasoning behind much of what has happened.
    Thanks. I'm really hoping that shapes up to be part of why even Tyrande is now saying Elune abandoned her people.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    But yes this is quite possible. Pre-BFA Tyrande was a servant of the Light, Life and Elune, connected to the Emerald Dream somewhat (though not as much as her husband), it would make sense if the power of the Night Warrior does actually come from Ardenweald as the darker reflection of the Emerald Dream. Especially since Tyrande sacrificed an Orc head for it, maybe she did sacrifice this Orcs anima and through the ritual made sure it was directed to Ardenweald.
    Given that Draenor's elementals had surpluses of spiritual energy for want of a world soul, and that Aggramar forged Grond from those sated spirits, and that orcs descend from Grond (likely explaining their predisposition toward shamanism), one has to wonder whether orcs are an especially tasty treat for the anima-starved Ardenweald.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Maybe Elune didn't interfere so that all those souls would go into the Shadowlands? And perhaps the mantle of the Night Warrior will give Tyrande the power to free them from the Maw and they can join the Shadowlands' forces to combat the jailor since they have clearly not been enough to stop him on their own?
    Yeah, it would be really cool if the Night Fae are diverting what precious resources they do have into a gamble on turning Tyrande into their own reaper of souls in the physical world -- to re-open a supply line of anima and save their dying realm. That would mean she should be causing as much wanton havok and murder as possible to preserve the greater cosmic balance. Though honestly that just seems like it would make Tyrande an Ardenweald version of Sylvanas.

3+ Year Old Account
    If Bwonsamdi's realm is located in Ardenweald, and it's Anima deprived, could his wanting for a million souls be because his realm is suffering from the drought as well?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    If Bwonsamdi's realm is located in Ardenweald, and it's Anima deprived, could his wanting for a million souls be because his realm is suffering from the drought as well?
    I’m not sure the Other Side needs necessarily to fit in the Ardenweald, as all of the Shadowlands seem to be suffering from the Maw’s greed. But his condemnation of Sylvanas does seem to imply that he’s at the very least not happy with her tampering with the balance. And yet clearly he has the means to secure souls for himself despite the issues the questing zones are having.

Since part of her going there is "finding out why Elune abandoned them" I'd say near 100% yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

i suspect that Tyrande's role in the story is to reignite the faction war but instead of repeating the same trope with the genocidal horde warchief this time she will lead the alliance offensive (perhaps renegade), with the horde offering no further provocation, this will be a big step towards their 'morally grey' goal and will explain why the missed the chance to disband the factions and unify the playerbase

now what does she use? probably something edgy to make her more 'morally grey' rather than someone merely responding to a devastating assault on his homeland

How can you use a zone?