Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    this sounds like a solution for 2 kind of people:

those that dont take one second to confirm they posted their items correctly on the AH

and those that like to mindlessly farm stuff for hours
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    OP you want arguements against your idea but you never said anything that would present it as a good idea. It's fucking horrible to be honest. A quick way to kill the game.
    the upside is that it fixes the most pressing issue the game has had over the past few years. someone will point it out soon enough. if not, I'll reveal it at a later time.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Why the heck would anybody want to have a system like this? I see basically no positive to this system over the existing one, only drawbacks. Very, very heavy drawbacks.
    i think he just made a few bad calls, posting items with really low bid and selling them by accident for a way too low amount

that's how i made a small fortune by the way
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

It is not a practical solution to gold sellers if you are thinking about that.
    People can still trade gold.

Using a set price would make the entire Auction house boring, and essentially become a Black desert auction house 1.0...which I do not want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    People can still trade gold.
    but how? /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    but how? /10chars
    By using the trade window. Or sending gold in the mail. Or by giving you a high value item for you to sell on the auction house.
    Or several small items for you to sell on the auction house for a spesific value that you know will get X amount of gold.

With your proposition, they would have to remove trading and mailing items from the game completely in order to solve your gold selling problem. It's not going to be very popular.

they would have to remove trading and mailing items from the game completely
    I should have been more clear in the op. but yeah, this is exactly what would need to happen. you would now have to play together, defeat strong foes together, play the game together in order to help each other out and trade items. (the trade bop gear from bosses for 2 hours will still be possible)

I should have been more clear in the op. but yeah, this is exactly what would need to happen. you would now have to play together, defeat strong foes together, play the game together in order to help each other out and trade items. (the trade bop gear from bosses for 2 hours will still be possible)
    It's not really going to solve anything.
    "Oh hey, I have farmed 400xherbs for the guild crafter to make us some flasks...oh what a shame...can't trade it, BETTER JUST SELL IT"

You are creating more problems than solving them by adding such a system, and you are causing it to be more frustrating than is needed.
    If I want to trade a 400ilevel BOE to someone who was not there for me to get the drop, I am going to trade said item to that person. Your system would not allow that, which I would see as a huge negative.

You are indeed missing something. Several somethings.

Bypassing the issues this would have on the game economy, logistically this would be an absolute for nightmare for Blizzard to execute.

- Every item in the game would need multiple sets of value
    - Every service in the game would need a set value
    - Existing items in game that can no longer be obtained, regardless of quality or desirability would need a value
    - Professions would need to be adjusted to ensure that they bring similar value
    - Current wealth in game would have to be determined, ultimately on a server by server basis
    - Costs would have to fluctuate server by server
    - In all likelihood they would have multiple situations where player wealth dramatically shifts as suddenly the value of their items (perhaps playing the AH) is wrecked
    - They would have to manage this expansion by expansion, and with each new item added per patch

The breadth of this undertaking would be utterly massive both on a technical level (this would almost certainly require recoding things that are hard coded, as well as setup multiple new databases) and logistical (they would have to plan all of the values out). And in the end it would completely upend the player driven economy that exists right now. It would destabilize the game and possibly wreck the token system.

"Oh hey, I have farmed 400xherbs for the guild crafter to make us some flasks...oh what a shame...can't trade it, BETTER JUST SELL IT"
    yeah, I already have a solution to this issue. guild-based crafting is now done as a group. take the flask cauldron for example. you put up an empty cauldron that costs nothing and then 5-10 guild members have to throw in a flask and then 40 people can take out a flask that can't be sold. so instead of trading the mats to one guy, the crafting of all guild-related items is now done as a group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clara777 View Post
    You are indeed missing something. Several somethings.
    posts like this make me think that there are literally no issues at all with what I'm proposing. the ONLY one who made a good counterargument until now is @BoltBlaster.

It's seriously a bad idea. Why wouldn't I sell items for the prices I WANT them to sell? Wtf?

That system would make AH/tarding/economy worse, not better.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    It would [...] possibly wreck the token system.
    this is the sole intend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's seriously a bad idea. Why wouldn't I sell items for the prices I WANT them to sell? Wtf?
    ideally, Blizzard has set the price in a way that matches the price that you would have sold the item at anyways.

the upside is that it fixes the most pressing issue the game has had over the past few years. someone will point it out soon enough. if not, I'll reveal it at a later time.
    I just can't take you seriously. You're talking about changing a major aspect of the game to "fix the most pressing issue the game" without saying what it is. You've still yet to say one good thing what you're suggesting will bring.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

this is the sole intend.
    Why on earth would Blizzard want to do this?

More importantly, why would we as players want Blizzard to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Why on earth would Blizzard want to do this?

More importantly, why would we as players want Blizzard to do this?
    because WoW worked beautifully without a token-system?

anyways...this is not supposed to be a thread about whether the WoW token is good or bad. this is a thread about what would need to be done if they removed the wow token.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I just can't take you seriously. You're talking about changing a major aspect of the game to "fix the most pressing issue the game" without saying what it is. You've still yet to say one good thing what you're suggesting will bring.
    no more wow token, no more gold selling

ideally, Blizzard has set the price in a way that matches the price that you would have sold the item at anyways.
    How they're going to calculate that? That's impossible.

What if I want to put them on higher prices because it's some kind of rare item on the realm I'm playing right now? Do you think that Blizzard is going to waste their resources just to solely do such a thing?

It still does.

Not really. Gold selling was even more exploited before they introduced token-system. That argument is wrong.

Anyway, even with your scenario there would still be plenty of chinese farmers that would use your own account and farm herbs/ores/whatever in the time where you sleep, or other kind of farm. That idea is just wrong from the beginning.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-11-25 at 01:23 PM.

yeah, I already have a solution to this issue. guild-based crafting is now done as a group. take the flask cauldron for example. you put up an empty cauldron that costs nothing and then 5-10 guild members have to throw in a flask and then 40 people can take out a flask that can't be sold. so instead of trading the mats to one guy, the crafting of all guild-related items is now done as a group.
    I can see that you are trying to make the game more focused on player interactivity, but all you are doing is making simple things difficult.
    I would see it as a huge detriment that I can't just trade the flasks directly to another player. If I want to trade 500k gold to someone, I should be allowed to do so.

Your supposed changes would not help create a healthy economy, it would butcher it. It would cause more people to buy the Token, rather than trying to do old world farming for pets, transmogs, old crafting materials or mounts, people would buy a token and buy whatever they want with that.

Your proposed system could kill off entire spesific methods of making gold today, for no other reason than making things much harder than what they where before. I see no benefit of such a system.

Why the fuck would I want that? Why would I want to remove an easy way to pay for my game time? Your idea for this is just getting worse and worse.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

anyways...this is not supposed to be a thread about whether the WoW token is good or bad. this is a thread about what would need to be done if they removed the wow token.

- - - Updated - - -

But... This would lead to a massive increase in gold selling. This would require an utterly monumental amount of work to implement, would probably cause a ton of people to quit the game, and bring in an influx of gold sellers (and spammers and account hacks).

Again, why on earth would Blizzard want to do this? It's nonsensical.