Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...9-0-1/370236/8

Those bastards are getting greedier by the second.
    Oh bad bad blizzard... I just dont give a fu*k about it. >< No one force you to buy it. There is a lot freaks and gold farmers and its for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    - Changing drop rates isn't the same as removing them.
    Your claim was that they leave elite mounts untouched. They do not. The Brutosaur is not being removed entirely it is just being given a low drop rate on the BMAH. It is amusing how you dismiss everything that counters your claim. Why are you even discussing something if you are just going to hand wave away facts?

I never said this. You're clearly misunderstanding my post.
    Nope. You did say it.

The fact that they target such low effort items, while leaving the elite items untouched is evidence of this being FOMO.
    If elite items are removed or have their drop rate lowered then they are not "untouched".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Its ultra fucking cool mount, period. One of a kind. I could buy it in a flash, im super fucking rich. But I care about getting new damn players.
    And yet the game has had new players just fine with content being removed or made barely obtainable. You are grossly over estimating how much not being able to get every single item in the game has an impact on a new player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    When you look at the popularity of Classic(and more importantly the driving theory and design decisions behind it), and compare it with Retail, you can see how different the game has become.
    Vanilla wow, what classic is based off of, had content removed for others. Heck it even had the black qiraj mount which was for all intents and purposes one per server. The change with the AH mount will not impact the game anymore then Vanilla did. And yet it was still popular. If the state of retail right now is proof of what you claim then it is also proof that you are just blowing smoke.

Because Blizzard hasn't stopped removing or severely limiting content since the days of Classic. Why would they change now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Are you being serious right now? The person just provided a few very easy ways that take a little time investment each day and you complain that gold doesn't just spawn in your bags?
    Doing 20 mins per character of active content doesn't make it passive. Passive gains are like in legion or WoD where you just logged on and did some missions and came back with a ton of gold. It being passive or not doesn't change that it is still an easy way to gain gold. It just takes a little bit of work.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Until you can show evidence that people are running to spend upwards of $400-500 for tokens to sell just to purchase this mount it's all hearsay.
    No, it's common sense. There is no benefit for Blizzard doing this other than profit. The fact that you think Blizzard is only going to benefit off $400 increments shows how hard you're lowballing this in favor of Blizzard.

- Blizzard is gaining subscribers from this. There will always be people who will subscribe due to FOMO.
    - Blizzard will be selling more tokens as a result of this and every token purchase is more of a profit for them than a regular subscription. Will many pay $400+? Probably not. Will many more pay $100 for it to fill the gap? Yeah, obviously. Will many more simply spend $20+ to fill the gap? Definitely.

As the deadline draws nearer, more and more people close to the mount will purchase tokens. More tokens will be bought as a result of this. That is an irrefutable fact. You'd have to be in pretty heavy denial to think that nobody is going to spend $20+ to help themselves purchase the mount.

Again, if this announcement came within a month before removal then sure I may be more inclined to believe this is all profit motive.
    "It could be worse" has always been the silliest defense force argument. To imply that because something can be worse, they can't have the same motive is hilariously fallacious.

I may be more inclined to believe this is all profit motive.
    I mean, there are people who think the Earth is flat too. If you want to ignore the basic principles of FOMO and why it's so successful, then you're no different than those people ignoring the science proving otherwise.

Also again, if it were all about the Benjamin's as many claim, why would they have made pers and mounts, you know the prime source of revenues from the shop in terms of in game items, account shared requiring only one purchase?
    Oh look, another "b-b-but it could be worse" attempt at a counter. Nice to know that if I wanted to hurt a person and I punched them, I could plead that I didn't chop their leg off and be completely safe from the ramifications assault and battery would entail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Your claim was that they leave elite mounts untouched.
    In the context of items being removed. Considering your presence in this thread, it doesn't surprise me that you're ignoring all context and nitpicking on semantics.

So, when is Blizzard removing my raid skins and mounts from being obtained? You know, the shit that actually takes effort to get while current?
    It's amazing what the posts says if we look at the part you conveniently left out. That was even my opening line.

If elite items are removed or have their drop rate lowered then they are not "untouched".
    Doubling down on this stance just makes you look foolish.

Next to time quote the context or the entire post rather than make your bias so obvious:

The claim I clearly made is that Blizzard is notorious for putting random items on the chopping block, even when plenty of elite items remain unaffected. It takes a reach and a half to think that's the same as saying "no elite items are ever effected".
    If you want to be pedantic and say that I never said "not every item" in the original post, I'll match that with the fact that I never said "every item".

BFA start, tokens were like 60% + lower in the amount of gold you received for $$ spent. Ingame i used to talk a player who spent $1500+ US to get the mount. there was a huge assumption many players had the gold, I suspect many if not the majority tapped their wallets

Other day a token was at 232k which would put the mount at around $430....deal imo, compared to what he/she payed. I will have to pass

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    If anyone thinks this is to "boost token sales", then they are dumb. Period. At current prices, it takes 27 tokens to do it. 27x$20 = $540. Only fools would spend that much.
    Working full-time i'd easily buy 10 tokens a month and have it within 3 - especially when it's something that's incredible useful, is a mount and something that will become twice as hard/as much to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Working full-time i'd easily buy 10 tokens a month and have it within 3 - especially when it's something that's incredible useful, is a mount and something that will become twice as hard/as much to get.
    And that's the worst case scenario which assumes you don't have any gold you wish to spend. What if you're only missing 100k right before the deadline hits? Oh look, token sales got boosted because some guy just spent $20.

People who think that spending $500+ on tokens is the only way to boost sales are people who haven't put much thought into the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    BFA start, tokens were like 60% + lower in the amount of gold you received for $$ spent. Ingame i used to talk a player who spent $1500+ US to get the mount. there was a huge assumption many players had the gold, I suspect many if not the majority tapped their wallets

Other day a token was at 232k which would put the mount at around $430....deal imo, compared to what he/she payed. I will have to pass
    Someone spent $1500 on tokens? HAHAHA, they need help.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, when is Blizzard removing my raid skins and mounts from being obtained? You know, the shit that actually takes effort to get while current?It's amazing what the posts says if we look at the part you conveniently left out. That was even my opening line.
    When ever they choose to. You are picking and choosing what is elite enough just so you have something to complain about. Every expansion Mythic only mounts are not left untouched. The AH mount is not being made unobtainable it is just having a low drop rate through the BMAH. The same as happens with Mythic mounts you know the ones that are not left untouched when the next expansion arrives.

I don't need to quote your entire post. I just need to quote the relevant ones. The parts where you claim you never said something despite saying that exact thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Well yes, you are entitled toxic gamer. Great that you realized.
    Ok boomer..

15+ Year Old Account
    And that's the worst case scenario which assumes you don't have any gold you wish to spend. What if you're only missing 100k right before the deadline hits? Oh look, token sales got boosted because some guy just spent $20.
    But that isn't boosting token sales. Your argument is essentially well they added a high priced item to the game just so they could boost token sales. That is what it boils down to. If the simple act of having a deadline is designed solely to boost token sales. Then a lot of stuff in the game is designed just to boost token sales. Mythic only mount? Designed to boost token sales because people need gold to buy a carry. Mage tower skins? Designed to boost token sales because people can buy a subscription with gold.

The fact that someone can use a token to accomplish something does not mean that a decision is simply to boost token sales.

I actually used the wrong word there. I meant to say "Vanilla", because I was referring mostly to the design theories and themes behind it as compared to retail.

I was not trying to compare current day subscription numbers. Sorry for the confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, apologies for the confusion. I regret using the word Classic now, because I'm so used to arguing about it, when I meant to say Vanilla.
    No worries. Hell even then it was the hit new thing that simplified and made accessible the MMO genre and had relatively zero competition in terms of free and mobile gaming that it is easily taking away from the subscription based MMO market as well as zero competition from MOBAs and competitive team shooters and BR games.

WoW was always going to decline anyone arguing that it wouldn't doesn't know a thing about product lifecycles and trends. As to the reason(s), there are so many that it is virtually impossible to claim that any one thing is to blame.

Blizzard IMO, has done a decent job of following trends in the gaming market to keep WoW somewhat relevant in the space it occupies. We can argue if more or different things could be done, but Infirmly believe if they kept with the Vanilla/TBC design philosophy WoW would be a ghost that no one talks about today.

I'm not denying WoW is in decline, I just know many decisions made kept it from fading into obscurity years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

But that isn't boosting token sales. Your argument is essentially well they added a high priced item to the game just so they could boost token sales. That is what it boils down to. If the simple act of having a deadline is designed solely to boost token sales. Then a lot of stuff in the game is designed just to boost token sales. Mythic only mount? Designed to boost token sales because people need gold to buy a carry. Mage tower skins? Designed to boost token sales because people can buy a subscription with gold.

The fact that someone can use a token to accomplish something does not mean that a decision is simply to boost token sales.
    Until these people have proof that this has boosted token sales I just can't believe many would do this. Sure it may get people back into the game to try to get the mount. But is it really wrong for a company to try to sell its product? The whiners sure love to pick on Blizzard when they do normal stuff to attract business.

Or maybe they're adding in another expensive mount that they want people to go after in Shadowlands. That's my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are picking and choosing what is elite enough just so you have something to complain about.
    Elite is the best of the best. Heroic mode is not the best. Brawler's guild is super easy. This leaves Mythic in terms of PvE.

And somehow, you're still missing my point. You keep cutting it out hoping nobody will see it so that you can make a fallacious point and feel justified.

1. I said that elite mounts are untouched immediately after saying that high effort raid mounts were never removed. This isn't rocket science. You could take the route where you take the context of the post into consideration like a functional human being, or you can pop up with a "Well, actually..." argument of semantics. A reasonable person would go with the former. A fanboy inserting too much of his personal stake into the matter will go with the latter.

2. I said that there are elite items and mounts which don't get removed. You saw fit to try and warp this into me saying "No elite items and mounts ever get removed". I told you that you clearly misunderstood my post, then clarified my intentions, yet you're still under this delusion of me saying "No elite items and mounts ever get removed".

The AH mount is not being made unobtainable it is just having a low drop rate
    Do you really think that's equatable? lmao.

Brutosaur:
    - No longer guaranteed.
    - Moved to a market where the richest WoW players determine its price.

End result, much more difficult to obtain.

Raid mounts:
    - No longer guaranteed (oh wait, that's only "sometimes")
    - No skill requirement beyond being able to tie your shoes.
    - Doesn't cost an ounce of gold.
    - Obtaining it is no longer competitive.

End result, available to more players at their own leisure.

But if you really want to die on this hill, why is the Yak and Spider still available normally? Both of these were the same status symbols of their respective expansions and the BMAH was a thing when they existed.

- - - Updated - - -

But that isn't boosting token sales.
    It is... Lmao, what kind of twisted logic are you truing to pull here?

Blizzard introduces expensive mount.
    Players accept that it will function like every other expensive mount.

Blizzard then decides that this one will be the enigma and tell people to go buy it before it's made much harder to obtain.

What is Blizzard's benefit for doing this? What does Blizzard have to gain? How convenient that they not only allow players to "buy gold", but like every FOMO item, people will resub to try and get it. Surely there must be a reason why the gold sink mount was suddenly made limited*.

"Well, it has an AH on it"
    Yeah, and the Yak has a transmog vendor on it.

"But you can buy items to have protable transmog"
    Wow, a feature made this expansion. Why can't items be introduced for portable AHs too?

I really wish I had so much blind faith in Blizzard that no matter what they do, I can just pretend "it's for the playerbase".

If someone buys tokens for this, it boosts token sales. End of story.

I said that it would boost token sales. I'm sure there are many avenues the defense force can spin "the real reason" under. It doesn't change the fact that token sales will be boosted, just like how they were boosted when the Moose and Bird came around.

I actually used the wrong word there. I meant to say "Vanilla", because I was referring mostly to the design theories and themes behind it as compared to retail.

I was not trying to compare current day subscription numbers. Sorry for the confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, apologies for the confusion. I regret using the word Classic now, because I'm so used to arguing about it, when I meant to say Vanilla.
    Allright. No, I didn't really think you meant subs either, I think it's a valid point to see what classic(and vanilla design) can bring to retail. It has it pros and cons, both versions. So what you brought up is something that I personally think can bring good to retail, no doubt. Just that we have to wait and see how popular it will be and what people really think about.

People who think that spending $500+ on tokens is the only way to boost sales are people who haven't put much thought into the subject.
    Anyone could easily farm 5mil in ~9 months honestly. I've already farmed some of it, so I honestly don't mind buying tokens. People have plenty of time to farm, so if they were 100k short a day before the patch went live then that's kinda tough really - it's not like they're giving us a months warning.

Are you being serious right now? The person just provided a few very easy ways that take a little time investment each day and you complain that gold doesn't just spawn in your bags?
    There is nothing passive about going out, doing quests, and earning gold. Selling stuff on the auction house or doing missions on your mission table is as "passive" as it gets.

I have not complained about anything. I have pointed out that he is using the word "passive" entirely incorrectly. I have no problem getting gold doing auction house stuff. So don't project.

I think the amount of players actually willing to spend like $500 for a mount is super low. If someone actually wants the mount they’re going to start farming the gold for it. So it seems more like a tactic to get people to play the game... which whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone could easily farm 5mil in ~9 months honestly. I've already farmed some of it, so I honestly don't mind buying tokens. People have plenty of time to farm, so if they were 100k short a day before the patch went live then that's kinda tough really - it's not like they're giving us a months warning.
    It's only easy when you don't spend time on other content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone could easily farm 5mil in ~9 months honestly.
    Definitely, assuming they see this notice, of course. I had friends who never knew MoP CM sets were being removed because that information was only announced during the last 8 months, after they had decided to take a break.

But as for this mount, let's assume 8 months and from scratch. That's 147k a week. That's not too hard to break, even for casuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It's only easy when you don't spend time on other content.
    With alts, between emissaries, gathering professions, and running old raids a bit, while it's still a time constraint to some degree, you wouldn't be too hard pressed for time unless you have very few hours a week.

It is a bit daunting for some, sure. This mount was introduced, after all, as a gold sink answer to the problem that came with WoD and Legion tables, which are no longer lucrative.

That is exactly how cool things remain cool. There are a fuckton of armors, weapons and mounts that look cool, but they aren't very appealing because everyone has or can get them. You're basically arguing with yourself on this one. Take the mage tower for example, if you could now go in and complete the challenges in 20 seconds, they wouldn't meant anything more than the basic skin the artifact unlocks with.
    Completely and utterly false. Cool things are cool because:
    1. They are unique meaning there was nothing of the same sort in game. Not many things are like this. Example: monocycle wheel mount from mechagon
    2. It looks cool - obviously this is based on preferences.
    3. (optional) It is hard to get.

Quick example: mage tower appearances are cool despite the fact that in legion literally everyone had them. And guess what? In BfA i hardly ever see mage tower appearance. You know why? Because like with all things, the longer you wear it, the less you like it.

And nobody admires my mage tower appearances, nobody gives a flying fuck.