Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Woah woah woah.

People are seriously buying insurances for ships they bought (that don't exist yet) in a game that isn't even fully out yet?

What the actual fuck
    Most ships do exist, and the ones that arent ingame are close to being done.. except a few ones ofc. Some ships are also being held back for Squadron 42, like most of the biggest ships.

And the game is surprisingly fun to play atm, even if the full gameplay loop isnt ingame atm. And its just getting better with every patch.
    The game currently has more content than Sea of Thieves has. I know thats not a big achievement, but still.. its slowly getting there. Its just an alpha after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    That sort of shit has been a problem since the thread started, you are either a "hater" or a... what was it... oh yeah, "lover" (don't ask me, I wasn't the one who came up with it), anything on between just doesn't exist, it would only make the narrative way to confusing and hurt people's big brains.
    Well, this is MMO-champ forums, so the standards are much lower here compared to what you find on more SC related forums.
    Most people who are invested into this game will give you a realistic view on how things are, where the game is heading and what to expect. Be it incoming features or current ingame bugs and annoyances.

But yeah, if you like space games like this, you can sink a ton of hours into this game in its current state.

Meh, Zurovec was talking about all this back in 2014.

5 years later and the economy is still as basic as it comes. He's just like Chris, always fantasizing about tomorrow instead of delivering today.

Wow, imagine paying insurance for a ship that you paid for and don't physically own and hasn't yet been made, in a game that you paid for 5 years ago, that hasn't been made yet.

How many times are you going to pay them for nothing?

Also these prices... They've basically ensured that people have paid for the game at least twice, if not 3-5 times.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2019-11-26 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Meh, Zurovec was talking about all this back in 2014.

5 years later and the economy is still as basic as it comes. He's just like Chris, always fantasizing about tomorrow instead of delivering today.
    Seriously. This guy has been giving the same "revolutionary economy" speech for like 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Wow, imagine paying insurance for a ship that you paid for and don't physically own and hasn't yet been made, in a game that you paid for 5 years ago, that hasn't been made yet.

How many times are you going to pay them for nothing?

Also these prices... They've basically ensured that people have paid for the game at least twice, if not 3-5 times.
    its no different from any other way people use money, people who drink alcohol, smoke waste money on things that only last a moment so at least any money you spend on a game can be used for your entertainment for a substantially longer time.

3.8 patch in feb is another massive step in the game, weather, jump points and my carrack coming into play.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    its no different from any other way people use money, people who drink alcohol, smoke waste money on things that only last a moment so at least any money you spend on a game can be used for your entertainment for a substantially longer time.
    At least the booze and smokes are finished products.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    At least the booze and smokes are finished products.
    the game is in a good playable version and no game is ever a finished product, you can complain about it taking a while when in reality its not taking any longer than any other large scale projects and with half the workforce.

Would you rather wait longer for a more complete game or them to just release a half baked product that usually get released these days, Space MMO is probably the hardest thing to pull off, and while it wont be perfect we can already see how the game is shaping up to be, patch 3.8 should see many of the systems come into place.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-11-27 at 12:00 AM.

the game is in a good playable version and no game is ever a finished product, you can complain about it taking a while when in reality its not taking any longer than any other large scale projects and with half the workforce.
    What is this 'no game is ever a finished product' hand waving? You're serious? Really? There is a difference between eternal alpha/never launching vs a released game. And taking a 'while'? Come on man.

What is this 'no game is ever a finished product' hand waving? You're serious? Really? There is a difference between eternal alpha/never launching vs a released game. And taking a 'while'? Come on man.
    8 years is not that long for development especially for a project that is many times larger than any other in the past 10-15 years, the game has also had a playable version for the past 5 years, do you even keep up with any information especially what has been put out in the current citcon, do you honestly beleive a project like this could be completed without a fully established studio from the beginning and only around 40 million funding per year in any less time than it currently has taken.

You dont even discuss anything about the game and just complain about a next generation Space MMO taking longer than you thought, Elite dangerous for example is just a browser game in comparison to the detail of SC.

For WoW vanilla was essentially a beta test for the whole of vanilla and they still didnt sort out many of its issues until many years later, a released game doesnt mean that game is complete.

do you even keep up with any information especially what has been put out in the current citcon
    Yes I heard they came up with some even more silly 'insurance' to sucker people out of more cash.

- - - Updated - - -

You dont even discuss anything about the game
    I discuss plenty about the game and its failure to launch. You're just unhappy you aren't getting the circlejerk you want in this thread apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

For WoW vanilla was essentially a beta test for the whole of vanilla and they still didnt sort out many of its issues until many years later, a released game doesnt mean that game is complete.
    And yet the game STILL launched. Something that SC has not done yet and does not even seem to be on the horizon as coming out soon.

Yes I heard they came up with some even more silly 'insurance' to sucker people out of more cash.

- - - Updated - - -

I discuss plenty about the game and its failure to launch. You're just unhappy you aren't getting the circlejerk you want in this thread apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet the game STILL launched. Something that SC has not done yet and does not even seem to be on the horizon as coming out soon.
    If people want to spend money its up to them, im sure you have wasted more than your share on things that could seem pointless, its gamers like yourself that get developers to push out games too early and come out with a sub par product, there is not going to be an official launch in reality its just going to be a patch with all the basic requirements for a complete game and even then it will not be complete, and it wont be called an alpha or beta from that point.

Whats the point in launching a game if it is not a least a certain level complete, there are plenty of games available you can play until star citizen is at least in beta, i dont think i have seen you post one positive comment about SC at all in this entire thread, chances are there is at least one but your comments always revolve around the same thing with no discussion on the game itself.

Whats the point in launching a game if it is not a least a certain level complete, there are plenty of games available you can play until star citizen is at least in beta, i dont think i have seen you post one positive comment about SC at all in this entire thread, chances are there is at least one but your comments always revolve around the same thing with no discussion on the game itself.
    If you think my comments are breaking the forum rules then feel free to report me to moderation. That out of the way stop trying to take potshots at people that don't have your viewpoint. There has been nothing they have put out yet worthy of a positive comment considering the amount of money they raked in and how much they still continue to attempt to milk the playerbase for money money with this 'insurance' nonsense.

If you think my comments are breaking the forum rules then feel free to report me to moderation. That out of the way stop trying to take potshots at people that don't have your viewpoint. There has been nothing they have put out yet worthy of a positive comment considering the amount of money they raked in and how much they still continue to attempt to milk the playerbase for money money with this 'insurance' nonsense.
    If you dont believe SC has nothing currently available thats of worth why are you wasting your time bashing it every chance your get, the game is already pushing the boundries of Space MMO by miles, planet gen tech alone is miles ahead of any game that currently uses it. Companies need money to run/develop a game and pretty much every game implements a way to get more money out of players, main difference is all the other games have fully funded studios backing them while SC is on its own, insurance deals are only available on certain ships during sales of which is the time when most would spend on buying a ship.

If producing a space MMO was easy why are hardly any companies doing it, my only expectations on the game is for a rounded space MMO with depth, and it is already achieved that partly even with its current version. The money it has taken is not that much for a AAA quality game many times more larger than GTA 5 for example.

If you dont believe SC has nothing currently available thats of worth why are you wasting your time bashing it every chance your get
    Because if I see a scammy money sucking pit that doubles down on money sucking with this insurance shit I'll call it what it is. I'm free to speak my mind so get over it. If you don't like it, too bad? Use the ignore feature or report or whatever it is you need to do to get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Companies need money to run/develop a game and pretty much every game implements a way to get more money out of players, main difference is all the other games have fully funded studios backing them while SC is on its own, insurance deals are only available on certain ships during sales of which is the time when most would spend on buying a ship.
    They got MORE than enough fucking money, put out a game already. Not this incomplete, kicking the can down the road 'game'.

- - - Updated - - -

If producing a space MMO was easy why are hardly any companies doing it, my only expectations on the game is for a rounded space MMO with depth, and it is already achieved that partly even with its current version. The money it has taken is not that much for a AAA quality game many times more larger than GTA 5 for example.
    Because in general the MMO market isn't what it once was? Times evolve and so do games, MMOs aren't as popular as they used to be. SC is trying to put out 2 games or at least 1 game and then try and use that to finish their MMO. Yup.

Because if I see a scammy money sucking pit that doubles down on money sucking with this insurance shit I'll call it what it is. I'm free to speak my mind so get over it. If you don't like it, too bad? Use the ignore feature or report or whatever it is you need to do to get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

They got MORE than enough fucking money, put out a game already. Not this incomplete, kicking the can down the road 'game'.

- - - Updated - - -

Because in general the MMO market isn't what it once was? Times evolve and so do games, MMOs aren't as popular as they used to be. SC is trying to put out 2 games or at least 1 game and then try and use that to finish their MMO. Yup.
    The insurance for one doesnt change the price of the ships anyway so its irrelevant, players already know what the money they are paying out is going to be used for, WoW does the exact same and its a subscription, and you cant earn that stuff ingame as you can do with SC, your not obligated to back SC with money but games like WoWs cash shop those items cant be obtained any other way.

And how much is enough money, fact is your wrong that they have enough money as this level of game has never been done and certain things will obviously take longer, its not a standard sandbox game of which can be done fairly easily, you dont even acknowledge the big picture on the game as a whole, a company will spend more time and money on a game when they have to setup a whole company while developing a game never been done before.

Its because MMOs are not evolving thats why they are less popular, can only put up with the same model so far before many lose interest.

You obviously dont keep up with any current SC information and have barely any knowledge of actual game design, example is GTA 5 cost 200 plus million and had 1000 plus devs, SC has half the amount of devs and the game is many times larger and more complex.

You obviously dont keep up with any current SC information and have barely any knowledge of actual game design, example is GTA 5 cost 200 plus million and had 1000 plus devs, SC has half the amount of devs and the game is many times larger and more complex.
    The GTA5 meme is from 2015 and has been disproven many times. It did not cost 200 million to develop, in fact, the final cost includes marketing which was a massive chunk of the budget (around half).

Stop spreading misinformation, please. Once or twice a year you always see people post this up as if they refuse to believe the facts just to convince themselves(or others) that SC hasn't been mismanaged as a project. It has and it isn't over yet.

Just accept that fact and move on.