Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I know MS has been killing it since they ousted the tard that announced xbox one at e3.
    Prefacing this with the comment that this isn't an attack on MSoft but...

According to what freakin metrics? They still won't reveal console sale numbers, and what tidbits we occasionally get indicate that they're far, far behind Sony in terms of install base. And more anecdotally, that's in part because they've not managed to make much of a dent in the EU market this generation, they're pretty much solely selling in NA.

Even on the software side things aren't looking amazing for them this generation, with big misses for blockbusters like Crackdown 3. Even Gears 5, which IIRC is the best selling Gears game, hasn't come close to the numbers of some other exclusives on other platforms (and it has the benefit of PC sales to boot).

Now then, that's not to say they're not positioning themselves for a stronger next-gen, because they totally are with their studio pickups. But the reality is that Microsoft faceplanted out of the gate this generation and doesn't seem to have ever recovered. We're not seeing a repeat of last gen where Sony managed to close the gap on hardware sales by the end of it, we're seeing that gap persist through the generation.

Meanwhile ps4 is the same console with next to no improvements at launch.
    Neither has had "significant" improvements outside of their mid-generation refresh. Microsoft has the better refresh with the more powerful One X that's capable of more native 4K than the Pro, but that's not significantly different and it hasn't made much of a difference in terms of hardware sales either.

Regardless they arnt going anywhere and if they were it would have happened the last 15 times all you sony fanboys said it would.
    Lower shields, power down weapons. Let's keep the fanboy nonsense out of the thread and just discuss the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Lower shields, power down weapons. Let's keep the fanboy nonsense out of the thread and just discuss the topic.
    Thats pretty funny when even a year later i can come back and see the same people talking the same trash about a certain brand, but have at the same circle jerk thats been repeated here for several years now by the same people.

Thats pretty funny when even a year later i can come back and see the same people talking the same trash about a certain brand, but have at the same circle jerk thats been repeated here for several years now by the same people.
    You know you could just not come back at all..

You seem really angry about something so little.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Over 10 dollars!?!

I know it is a typo, but it was pretty funny.
    lol, made me laugh at my desk

Well just a few reasons (i'll bite again) Xbox won't be shut down;

- Despite fewer sales than PS4, it's still a juggernaut in this market.
    - MS knew they would need a long time to fix the mistakes of the past.
    - At the end of the day, the average consumer just buys what their friend has. No matter what exclusives, most casual gamers don't even know what they are.
    - Xbox NEEDS to keep existing. Imagine Sony having the playfield all for themselves.. Oh boy. I don't know why people tend to dislike MS more over Sony, while Sony has clearly been the most anti-consumer company of the two these recent years. On the flip side, Sony has to NEED to keep existing as well.
    - I'm actually pretty sure that Sony wouldn't let Xbox fall. Much like how Bill Gates saved Steve Jobs (Apple), despite them being rivals.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    - Despite fewer sales than PS4, it's still a juggernaut in this market.
    In what market exactly? Certainly not the gaming market. Xbox One still matters enough to port games onto, as it has a strong presence in America.
    - MS knew they would need a long time to fix the mistakes of the past.
    The reason the Xbox One failed was because Microsoft got greedy. They wanted to forcefully remove resale of used games, and push players to own the Kinect. They only realized their mistakes afterwards when the sales were poor and that Sony wasn't also going to do the same thing. Their long time fix is merging Windows gaming with Xbox. As a PC gamer, that scares me.
    - At the end of the day, the average consumer just buys what their friend has. No matter what exclusives, most casual gamers don't even know what they are.
    Ah yes, the stupid casual gamer. Their stupidity will save the dying Xbox, just like Stadia. I wouldn't depend on peoples stupidity to gain market share. It certainly didn't work for the Xbox One.
    - Xbox NEEDS to keep existing. Imagine Sony having the playfield all for themselves.. Oh boy. I don't know why people tend to dislike MS more over Sony, while Sony has clearly been the most anti-consumer company of the two these recent years. On the flip side, Sony has to NEED to keep existing as well.
    Sony and Microsoft can both fade away from the gaming market, and we'd be fine with PC gaming, as it's not beholden to any one corporation. Not even to Microsoft Windows.
    - I'm actually pretty sure that Sony wouldn't let Xbox fall. Much like how Bill Gates saved Steve Jobs (Apple), despite them being rivals.
    Sony can have the entire console gaming market, if you don't include Nintendo, and they'd be happy. As long as PC gaming exists, there's no reason to keep any platform alive and kicking for competition that doesn't exist. When Xbox was doing well, Halo wasn't ported to PC in years, and now suddenly we're getting all the Halo games at once for PC. I call that a win. If the Playstation brand were to also fail, then Sony is free to port their games to PC as well. They can even port their games to Mac, Linux, and even Android if they want. The great thing about PC gaming is that there's no single central walled garden. Developers are free to sell their games on Steam, Epic, Origin, GoG, and etc. Developers can even go on their own like Bethesda has done. Xbox dying will have no disadvantages for consumers.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That's not how profit works, lol.

Netflix is spending more money then they're making. That is not making a profit... it's the exact opposite.

And just to keep this on topic, Netflix seeing their bubble about to pop isn't great news for Xbox which is trying to use game pass loss leading as a selling point. They'll be able to keep it up for a bit, until the investors take note and realize what is happening and then Phil Spencer will get his ass served up to them to explain why he is spending all this money and bringing in so little revenue.

You're confusing profit with revenue.

Profit + expenses = revenue

Netflix is definitely making a profit, but it's investing all of it back into itself, which makes their revenue misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    You're confusing profit with revenue.

Profit + expenses = revenue
    Please google something before trying to post and correct them. This is false.

Gross Revenue is money earned without expenses taken into account.

Net Revenue is money earned after subtracting expenses.

Neither is "profit+expenses".