Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Seems like there are a lot of emotionally unstable people who don't have the ability to think critically.

I have a membership to a gym that I only play basketball at. Every time I go play basketball I see notices about extra events like yoga that require an extra fee. I should go to management and complain about their predatory scheme about getting members to pay extra for some hot girls in yoga pants!
    You complain about how you think people lack critical thinking skills yet give an analogy that was incorrect.

You pay for a membership to the gym. They offer a group service at the Gym think of that as WoW. The extra events are different products not required membership of the gym rather different subsidaries. So in this case youre paying for WoW. The extra event would be OW or Diablo in this sense. So youre critcal thinking analysis is ironic. Dont be like others calling others fools, you only look like a clown. (This isnt me trying to troll you either, its advice.... Trying to act smart and being smart are two different things.)

Quote Originally Posted by Senshenzu View Post
    You complain about how you think people lack critical thinking skills yet give an analogy that was incorrect.

You pay for a membership to the gym. They offer a group service at the Gym think of that as WoW. The extra events are different products not required membership of the gym rather different subsidaries. So in this case youre paying for WoW. The extra event would be OW or Diablo in this sense. So youre critcal thinking analysis is ironic. Dont be like others calling others fools, you only look like a clown. (This isnt me trying to troll you either, its advice.... Trying to act smart and being smart are two different things.)
    My analogy was spot on. Your membership/subscription gets you exactly what you signed up for. Optional things (mounts or yoga) are not required to perform at the highest level of the game. If I want to fly on a special looking mount then I can buy it. If I want to get into yoga then I can pay for it. It is exactly the same thing because both are optional and do not have any bearing on what you subscribed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Character boosts hurt the game quite a bit tbh. Just think about it. Why should anyone play through the content of an expansion when they can just drop 60$ or whatever it costs and get to max level?
    Because max level boosts don't drop until the next expansion has been announced, by which time 90% of the current expansion's playerbase has already experienced most of the expansion's content up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You haven’t actually logged onto classic at all have you? The zones are not the same as the post cata world the quest are not the same in many places, there are abilitys that are not in bfa, some dungeons like sunken temple aren’t not the same post cata, game mechanics and story are not the same post cata.

You are talking complete ignorant none sense.

- - - Updated - - -

As someone who has been playing pre boost the quaility of little Timmy’s play hasn’t drastically gone down at all. People who don’t want to or can’t learn how to play properly won’t do so just because they leveled instead of boosted.
    I've played through Classic with friends. The changes between Classic and Modern are nowhere near enough for it to be considered an entirely different game.

Wow isn’t a complicated game
    Never claimed it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I've played through Classic with friends. The changes between Classic and Modern are nowhere near enough for it to be considered an entirely different game.
    Well, I guess n one can refute that opinion and the merits of the benchmarks you used to gauge it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The changes are bigger then some sequels do with things like res/hit taken out a comply different world, reagents and ammo taken out totally different ability’s/old ability’s taken out.

With just cata it was likely more then enough to be a separate game but then you also have the massive graphical over hall of the last few expans new classes races ect.

To act like they are even close to the same is either ignorant to the extreme or asinine to the extreme.

The changes are bigger then some sequels do with things like res/hit taken out a comply different world, reagents and ammo taken out totally different ability’s/old ability’s taken out.

With just cata it was likely more then enough to be a separate game but then you also have the massive graphical over hall of the last few expans new classes races ect.

To act like they are even close to the same is either ignorant to the extreme or asinine to the extreme.
    The only real changes are some slight zone changes, a revamped talent system, and better graphics. Otherwise everything in Classic is still a part of Modern. So once again, claiming it's a totally separate game is really dumb.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only real changes are some slight zone changes, a revamped talent system, and better graphics. Otherwise everything in Classic is still a part of Modern. So once again, claiming it's a totally separate game is really dumb.
    I just gave you a list of things that are different... did you just not read it? I guess you must have taken the asinine option.

I just gave you a list of things that are different... did you just not read it? I guess you must have taken the asinine option.
    I did read it. Hence why I continue to list the only things that are ACTUALLY different in Classic. The graphics, a handful of the older zones, and the talent trees. Everything else is literally still a part of Modern so saying it's a separate game is ridiculous. If Modern didn't have ANY of the aspects of Classic then it'd be a different game. But it's still, in essence, the same exact fucking game.

7+ Year Old Account
    I did read it. Hence why I continue to list the only things that are ACTUALLY different in Classic. The graphics, a handful of the older zones, and the talent trees. Everything else is literally still a part of Modern so saying it's a separate game is ridiculous. If Modern didn't have ANY of the aspects of Classic then it'd be a different game. But it's still, in essence, the same exact fucking game.
    so where can i buy my quiver and hunter ammo? oh and where is a good spot to train my hit rating? do you know where i can get the gear to cap my resistances as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I'm talking about utter crap like:
    -store mounts
    -character boosts
    -"get this now before it's too late and we arbitrarily remove it"
    -purchasable cosmetics
    -whale targeting
    -cute fox people

I mean yeah sure it allows Activi$$ion Bill$$ard to rake in more money but it damages the integrity of the game. You'd expect to see crap like this in games like League of Legends and all of those billions of mobile "clash of clashes" clones. Not a monthly-sub based game like WoW.

Listen up, Kotick. If you want to suck $$$ out of your hapless victims then by all means do so but do it in a separate mobile game that is clearly designed to bleed the whales dry. Leave WoW alone and let us have our fantasy RPG.
    Nah i love all that stuff you listed it can stay it can all stay!

so where can i buy my quiver and hunter ammo? oh and where is a good spot to train my hit rating? do you know where i can get the gear to cap my resistances as well?
    Those are LITERALLY things that are so miniscule that they don't really dramatically change the game. You're grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    Wait, OP got banned for this post?

He's absolutely right, you know. The only reason publishers like Activision, 2K, Take Two, EA, Ubisoft, Jagex, etc still throw microtransactions and cash shops into fully priced AAA games is because people will still sheepishly buy into that crap. This is the future of gaming and as consumers, you all enabled them to do this. I can only hope that regulators around the world catch up to these scummy tactics and start banning loot boxes and cash shops entirely.
    Video game publishers are spending more and more on game development. The size of a game team has exploded exponentially as games have gotten more and more complicated, larger, and cost more and more to produce. Yet video game prices are pretty much the same. Inflation has driven prices of products up all around us, but the price of buying a AAA video game hasn't changed in decades.

These publishers have shifted their strategy to include things like MTX in order to offset some of those costs and keep games profitable. It also allows them to extend the lifecycle of a game, keeping it current.

Read this to get an understanding of the rising costs of video game development, and why their moetization strategy has shifted:

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...ollars-2018-10

7+ Year Old Account
    Those are LITERALLY things that are so miniscule that they don't really dramatically change the game. You're grasping at straws.
    needing to get specific pieces of gear with res doesn't change the game at all? it doesn't say make you have to clear content you wouldn't other wise do so you can get the gear needed to kill some bosses?

hunter ammo doesn't change the game either? you don't have to manage less bag slots and make sure you are stocked up when out in the world or raiding?

its not like hit ever effected the game either its not like you had to gear in ways to cap it out or any thing.

I mean sure if you ignore all the ways that these things change the game there is no changes at all and none of the other metric ton of other things lost from classic to bfa ever effected the game either.

needing to get specific pieces of gear with res doesn't change the game at all? it doesn't say make you have to clear content you wouldn't other wise do so you can get the gear needed to kill some bosses?

hunter ammo doesn't change the game either? you don't have to manage less bag slots and make sure you are stocked up when out in the world or raiding?

its not like hit ever effected the game either its not like you had to gear in ways to cap it out or any thing.

I mean sure if you ignore all the ways that these things change the game there is no changes at all and none of the other metric ton of other things lost from classic to bfa ever effected the game either.
    I've played a hunter since Vanilla. Feeding your pet has more of an impact than ammo does. Getting hit cap was so stupid easy that it's barely a mechanic of the game. And people are learning now that needing resistance gear wasn't really as big of a necessity as they thought it was back in the day considering how people have been beating MC without fire resist gear.

10+ Year Old Account

Well to be fair, some people would tell you that a 1964 1/2 Mustang and a 2020 Mustang are the same... $1 says certain people in this thread would be intractably in that camp.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    My entire post was tongue-in-cheeck. But you can't deny that the resemblance to scummy Chinese mobile games with cutesy anthropomorphic animals is there.
    I can absolutely deny that, I can also absolutely deny that would be a problem anyway. Cute stuff is fine, and this race isn’t even that cute.

American edgelording whenever something isn’t realistic and “epic” is a truly special type of obnoxious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Well to be fair, some people would tell you that a 1964 1/2 Mustang and a 2020 Mustang are the same... $1 says certain people in this thread would be intractably in that camp.
    It really seems that way doesn’t it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really seems that way doesn’t it.
    It does appear that way... I hope they aren't that clueless... but just about anything can happen on MMOC.

What people fail to grasp that if they are so offended by what Blizzard is doing then they should vote with their wallets and stop giving their money to Blizzard.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2019-11-26 at 03:30 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Gotta love the successful manipulation of players by corporations
    People HATED MTX games when they weren't needed but understood them in f2p or b2p live service games, but otherwise, unacceptable. But then p2w and loot boxes started infecting the mainline industry and that became the enemy, so they revert to employing f2p tactics in games with a full box price and expansions and now so many people are just okay with it.

Fascinating.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.