Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Where is the storyline for Sylvanas loyalists?

I’m looking through the spoilers for 8.3 and I’m not seeing any datamined information that shows Sylvanas loyalists leaving the Horde and following her.

Is this some kind of mistake? You’re telling me I have to listen to Thrall and Baine?

Could someone please confirm this? There has been separate storylines for those loyal and I have no clue why they would end that now.

edit: nvm guys my question was answered ↓↓↓

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Lol you really thought we were gonna get something narratively interesting in this game?
    Last edited by united; 2019-11-26 at 07:23 PM.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I’m looking through the spoilers for 8.3 and I’m not seeing any datamined information that shows Sylvanas loyalists leaving the Horde and following her.

Is this some kind of mistake? You’re telling me I have to listen to Thrall and Baine?

Could someone please confirm this? There has been separate storylines for those loyal and I have no clue why they would end that now.
    Yeah right, Blizzard is barely creative enough to write two coherent stories, let alone three. The loyalist angle died when Sylvanas was publicly ousted and shrieked away from Orgrimmar.

There is no more Sylvanas loyalist storyline. It's over. Ion said she might remember you and take your actions from Legion/BFA into consideration, but will not spare you just like she wasn't going to spare you from Azshara when she originally intended for you to die along with the rest.

It's going to end at some point, what's the difference between now and later? You're not going to become a raid boss with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas fanboy is shocked to find his Tsundre leader is throwing him under the bus.

Guess you missed how she was using you all along like everyone else and you were just a pawn in her plans to have you murdered and killed like non-loyalist to give her more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-26 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Removed meme video.

Blizzard only budgets for about fifteen minutes of actual story per expansion. Rest of the play has to focus on helping randoms deal with wildlife at every outpost on the continent and fighting unknown henchmen of unknown henchmen.

If your plot point can’t be resolved within a minute or two you’ll just have to wait or if they’re feeling benevolent, read a licensed rag from a failed novelist.

Why do you think it’s taken three expansions to get one page worth of plot out of this character? Now you want extras and explanations? That is like a decades worth of material you’re wanting.
    Last edited by Merin; 2019-11-26 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    Blizzard only budgets for about fifteen minutes of actual story per expansion. Rest of the play has to focus on helping randoms deal with wildlife at every outpost on the continent and fighting unknown henchmen of unknown henchmen.

If your plot point can’t be resolved within a minute or two you’ll just have to wait or if they’re feeling benevolent, read a licensed rag from a failed novelist.

Why do you think it’s taken three expansions to get one page worth of plot out of this character? Now you want extras and explanations? That is like a decades worth of material you’re wanting.
    Gotta keep those lore standards high for a video game about slaying internet dragons for imaginary loot. :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, you thought WoW was a decision making rpg? Follow the yellow brick road buddy, no diversions!
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

They clearly stated that the Loyalist story is over for BFA after seeing her off at Windrunner Spire.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    She already said she will kill everyone, that includes every loyalist sheep
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Go play The Outer Worlds or something if you want diverging paths (seriously, do it, it's a great game!). WoW is not there for that, and the loyalist option was only added at the last minute because unlike Garrosh, Sylvanas actually has a big enough fanbase that Blizzard didn't want to force them into betraying the bitch quite as abruptly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    --- snip ---
    LOL good stuff.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-26 at 01:07 PM.

The story is you lost. Sylvanas loyalists who refused to realign themselves with the Horde following the coup are rounded up and paraded through the streets in chains. She abandoned you.

At this point you're either aligned with the Horde, or at least pretending to be whilst secretly still being evil, go play with the people who still have their Gifts of N'zoth. (though on that note, they ARE actually getting a little something in 8.3.)

So actually, Blizzard see it as being more believable at this point that you want to be allied with THIS:

Than this:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    There is no more Sylvanas loyalist storyline. It's over. Ion said she might remember you and take your actions from Legion/BFA into consideration, but will not spare you just like she wasn't going to spare you from Azshara when she originally intended for you to die along with the rest.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure her personally gloating to your face that she sent the Horde to die to Azshara and release N'zoth to destroy them all after she abandoned the Horde at Orgrimmar was supposed to be the last straw for loyalist players.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-28 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah right, Blizzard is barely creative enough to write two coherent stories, let alone three. The loyalist angle died when Sylvanas was publicly ousted and shrieked away from Orgrimmar.
    They wrote 2 coherent stories? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The story is you lost. Sylvanas loyalists who refused to realign themselves with the Horde following the coup are rounded up and paraded through the streets in chains. She abandoned you.

At this point you're either aligned with the Horde, or at least pretending to be whilst secretly still being evil, go play with the people who still have their Gifts of N'zoth. (though on that note, they ARE actually getting a little something in 8.3.)

So actually, Blizzard see it as being more believable at this point that you want to be allied with THIS:

Than this:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I'm pretty sure her personally gloating to your face that she send the Horde to die to Azshara and release N'zoth to destroy them all after she abandoned the Horde at Orgrimmar was supposed to be the last straw for loyalist players.
    You can use the toy to if you cleansed the gift. The toy will give you said achievement in 8.3 to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    They wrote 2 coherent stories? Where?
    Mists of Pandaria, Cataclysm, Wrath and Burning Crusade were rather coherent.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Mists of Pandaria, Cataclysm, Wrath and Burning Crusade were rather coherent.
    Oh, before Metzen left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Oh, before Metzen left.
    Yup. Now it's just crappy story after crappy story that have no connection to each other at all.