Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    There is no more Sylvanas loyalist storyline. It's over. Ion said she might remember you and take your actions from Legion/BFA into consideration, but will not spare you just like she wasn't going to spare you from Azshara when she originally intended for you to die along with the rest.
    And I bet some people will still defend here and think she is a decent yet misunderstood little flower...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Are we still talking about Sylvanas? I am sure you describe Baine.

I wanted her to die before BfA. I want the same now.

- - - Updated - - -

If this will destroy the Alliance, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I am proud of Teldrassil and Theramore. I would build second Path of Glory.
    Wow...the delusion is over 9000 here...exactly the kind of person I'm talking about

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I’m looking through the spoilers for 8.3 and I’m not seeing any datamined information that shows Sylvanas loyalists leaving the Horde and following her.

Is this some kind of mistake? You’re telling me I have to listen to Thrall and Baine?

Could someone please confirm this? There has been separate storylines for those loyal and I have no clue why they would end that now.
    Lol you really thought we were gonna get something narratively interesting in this game?

When you guys figure it out?

We just don't want Alliance and their puppies that thinks how their are
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    someone with ethics and morals.
    (btw lol)

corrupt this game. And your hateful emotions and your bullying that's practicaly normal on this forum ... make things even better.

When you realize that many loyalist doesn't care what Sylvanas did.... They just care about what she represents. She represents War while Baine represents Peace.

Ask yourself who has bigger fanbase? Vol'jin or Garrosh. It's absolutly same thing.

And Sylvanas? She is just martyr now. Martyr for loyalist to fight for something. If Blizzard come with another loyalist questline, you can be sure that now it's playerbase went bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    P.s. Okay, after inserting some grammar I get it. So you want credit because you are just "roleplaying" a genocidal maniac.
    Cool, then I am roleplaying someone with ethics and morals.
    I think that's a problem here.

People come here roleplaying, and really there needs to be a "Lore-Roleplay" section to separate (as if forums aren't lorebreaking already! ;P)

However, there's a difference between "I claim I hate the Alliance because that's the core of the a faction war lore of the game." vs "No, really, I like how they wrote Sylvanas and Garrosh because the weak soyboys like the alliance must go! Now, I get to live my RL beliefs out in a video game, otherwise i'd be arrested for acting out to what I believe to be true". And it's hard to tell the two apart...

Not surprising. The loyalist path was tacked on mid ptr during the 'rescue Saurfang' quests as a response to backlash not because blizzard intended to have a meaningful branching narrative. The conversation with Sylvanas in the Ghostlands after she flees Orgrimmar and perhaps a couple lines of flavor text in Shadowlands is probably all you're getting. Remember that all along the loyalist path you just did what the rebels wanted to do not because it was a grand master plan but because blizzard threw in a lazy handwave to 'just go along with it' so they could have their one story. Be glad you got your conversation int he Ghostlands because it's really the most you could have hoped for here.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I’m looking through the spoilers for 8.3 and I’m not seeing any datamined information that shows Sylvanas loyalists leaving the Horde and following her.

Is this some kind of mistake? You’re telling me I have to listen to Thrall and Baine?

Could someone please confirm this? There has been separate storylines for those loyal and I have no clue why they would end that now.
    Have you missed 8.2.5?

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I think that's a problem here.

People come here roleplaying, and really there needs to be a "Lore-Roleplay" section to separate (as if forums aren't lorebreaking already! ;P)

However, there's a difference between "I claim I hate the Alliance because that's the core of the a faction war lore of the game." vs "No, really, I like how they wrote Sylvanas and Garrosh because the weak soyboys like the alliance must go! Now, I get to live my RL beliefs out in a video game, otherwise i'd be arrested for acting out to what I believe to be true". And it's hard to tell the two apart...
    Much of the problem here as well comes with players sometimes not realizing that Blizzard can be quite willing to accomodate RPers, but not to absurd levels.

It might be fun to RP as a Draenei who defected to the Horde after some happenstance and is now a double agent for the Horde, but why would Blizzard accomodate this very specific questline in-game?

Similarly the Sylvanas loyalist questline was a nice experiment, but players who somehow think that they are going to get to keep being her lackeys are just kidding themselves.
    They can RP as much as they want, but the truth of hte matter is that we are supposed to see Sylvanas as evil, every NPC acknowledges her as such, and any realistic continuation of the questline would either take the form of "keep killing my minions and liutenants to ingratiate yourself", or being thrown in a jail cell/executed. Neither of which are very fulfilling gameplay.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Not surprising. The loyalist path was tacked on mid ptr during the 'rescue Saurfang' quests as a response to backlash not because blizzard intended to have a meaningful branching narrative. The conversation with Sylvanas in the Ghostlands after she flees Orgrimmar and perhaps a couple lines of flavor text in Shadowlands is probably all you're getting. Remember that all along the loyalist path you just did what the rebels wanted to do not because it was a grand master plan but because blizzard threw in a lazy handwave to 'just go along with it' so they could have their one story. Be glad you got your conversation int he Ghostlands because it's really the most you could have hoped for here.
    We can still convince Blizzard to make similar storyline in Shadowlands.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Sylvanas kills you at the beginning?
    If you want to pursue that either faction change to Alliance and RP as someone in disguise killing Horde or sit in the maw forever helping Sylvanas by feeding her your soul.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Mists of Pandaria, Cataclysm, Wrath and Burning Crusade were rather coherent.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH BURNING CRUSADE HAD A COHERENT HISTORY

After MoP mansplaining what Illidan was doing there because it made absolutely no sense in BC, including the cut Ashbringer questline with David Wayne. Yup, awesome storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Sylvanas kills you at the beginning?
    If you want to pursue that either faction change to Alliance and RP as someone in disguise killing Horde or sit in the maw forever helping Sylvanas by feeding her your soul.
    Still better than helping Alliance win a war against you. I would rather put my character into Maw forever than force it to bow to Baine.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH BURNING CRUSADE HAD A COHERENT HISTORY

After MoP mansplaining what Illidan was doing there because it made absolutely no sense in BC, including the cut Ashbringer questline with David Wayne. Yup, awesome storytelling.
    I didn't play BC as current so i didn't think it was fair to base an opinion off of something i didn't experience.

Sylvanas Loyalists? The storyline is that those characters are awful, trashy wretches who backed a horse that turned around and kicked them in their stupid stupid faces.

Do you really want the brain trust of WoW writers to expand on that?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Gotta keep those lore standards high for a video game about slaying internet dragons for imaginary loot. :^)
    What an original and thought-provoking comment.

I don't understand people talking about being "loyal to the Horde" by being loyal to Sylvanas, when Sylvanas wants to kill the entirety of the Horde (along with her loyalists). So you'll be loyal to the Horde by... killing the entire Horde for someone who is very much NOT loyal at all to the Horde or you?

Hell, the Burning Legion had more noble goals than Sylvanas at this point. And hey, they also wanted to kill the Alliance and the Horde. I wonder if they would have betrayed the Horde to join the Legion instead if given the chance.
    Last edited by Biske; 2019-11-26 at 07:09 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

You may get a couple extra optional voice lines, the same way npcs do now and again, but that's about it. If you think you're going to get an option to actually side against the horde with Sylvanas, not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    Blizzard only budgets for about fifteen minutes of actual story per expansion. Rest of the play has to focus on helping randoms deal with wildlife at every outpost on the continent and fighting unknown henchmen of unknown henchmen.

If your plot point can’t be resolved within a minute or two you’ll just have to wait or if they’re feeling benevolent, read a licensed rag from a failed novelist.

Why do you think it’s taken three expansions to get one page worth of plot out of this character? Now you want extras and explanations? That is like a decades worth of material you’re wanting.
    Someone's salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Ask yourself who has bigger fanbase? Thrall or Garrosh.
    Fixed that.
    P.s. Even using your own comparison I think it'd be a close call.

P.p.s. And even if you were right, so what? You're really, really, really making this Godwin thing hard for me.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-11-26 at 07:33 PM.

The loyalist story is as follows: Sylvanas doesn't like and want you dead, the end.

There is no storyline for Sylvanas loyalists, she's just using you like everyone else. If her end goal is to rid all souls on Azeroth from the prison of life, do you really think you will be the one exception?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..