Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Probably not. It's poor storytelling.
    So... that is exactly the reason why it would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Whats so funny? Nerd culture is just that toxic. It's pretty much Daenerys 2.0.

Bruh. People don't hate Sylvanas due to the fact that she is a woman. They hate her because she turned into a shit character in the eyes of many people in the aftermath of WotLK. Her haters today were among the people that loved her back in the day.

Hell, people used to like Nathanos too, before he turned into an insufferable asshole as soon as Legion hit.
    Last edited by Dark Succ; 2019-11-26 at 05:36 PM.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    It's shocking how many people put Arthas' clear character flaws down to the influence of the LK/Frostmourne.
    He's the aryan savior king of the race they believe to be best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Why would Arthas kill Sylvanas??
    He should again be Arthas the paladin since his connection with the Lich King is removed.
    If you ignore the canon-lore that the spirit/soul of "paladin Arthas" ceased to exist a long time ago.

While the Lich King dreamt, the various personas in his mind - the death knight Arthas Menethil, the orc shaman Ner'zhul, and Matthias Lehner, the personification of the remnants of Arthas's humanity - fought for influence and control over the entity. It is noticeable that if arranged accordingly, Matthias Lehner is an anagram of Arthas Menethil.

Matthias tried to reason with Arthas, but Arthas killed him by running him through with Frostmourne. Ner'zhul was delighted by this, declaring that he and Arthas were now free to merge into a single glorious being. Arthas rejected this offer, stating that only he was worthy of the power of the Lich King, no one would tell him what to do again. He impaled the stunned Ner'zhul with Frostmourne, becoming the dominant personality of the Lich King and ending the dream.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Arthas has no right to kill anyone, especially since the suffering any scourge related beings have unleashed upon the world after his demise are still his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I think you didn't hear the extremely meager audience reaction to about her as well
    Sure, the average neckbeard who attends blizzcon doesn't like her, but the average WoW fan is able to understand the story.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Probably not. It's poor storytelling. Yes, Sylvanas has become a monster herself, but Arthas is the last person with the right to kill her given he is the one who set her on this path to begin with.

If Sylvanas is fated to die permanently, then the person who does it has to be one with a genuine grievance against her so that the playerbase feels a sense of catharsis as justice is meted out, something Arthas doing the deed would fail to accomplish.

The only person capable of realistically accomplishing the goal and having an abundant motive to do the deed whilst allowing players to share in that moment is Tyrande. With Blizzard, the obvious answer is usually the correct one. Who was going to be the next warchief after Garrosh? Why, Vol'jin, the guy they'd spent an expansion building up. Who was going to burn Teldrassil? Why, Sylvanas, the leader of the army attacking Teldrassil. And who will kill Sylvanas? Why, the person who is very vocal she will hunt Sylvanas down and who has been confirmed to a have a role in Ardenweald.
    lel
    way past that bud
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Depends which Arthas we'll meet. If it's the "Good" Paladin Arthas or the "Evil" Death Knight Arthas. If I am not mistaken he appears as his Good self in Edge of Night.
    Even "good Paladin Arthas" was a bit of a dick and disliked by pretty much everyone, including his mentor Uther. Only Jaina and Arthas' own close family and friends actually liked him. Uther and other paladins saw him as an entitled and arrogant child. Like @Obelisk Kai said, Tyrande is the most logical choice to end Sylvanas. I like to think it should be Alleria myself, but that has a lot to do with my bias against Tyrande, but also because it would be most emotionally resonant for Alleria to put down her own monstrous sister as well as ironic given Alleria could be primed to be a villain herself in a Void/Light expansion, taking on a role similar to Sylvanas' if they decide to make her an instrument for the Void Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Even "good Paladin Arthas" was a bit of a dick and disliked by pretty much everyone, including his mentor Uther. Only Jaina and Arthas' own close family and friends actually liked him. Uther and other paladins saw him as an entitled and arrogant child. Like @Obelisk Kai said, Tyrande is the most logical choice to end Sylvanas. I like to think it should be Alleria myself, but that has a lot to do with my bias against Tyrande, but also because it would be most emotionally resonant for Alleria to put down her own monstrous sister as well as ironic given Alleria could be primed to be a villain herself in a Void/Light expansion, taking on a role similar to Sylvanas' if they decide to make her an instrument for the Void Lords.
    Alleria makes more sense than Tyrande. Tyrande can kill Nathanos, but it should be Alleria who puts an end to her twisted sister. That could be the breaking point which leads her to give into the whispers, since she'd still be killing her little sister that she loved so much.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

To blame for what? They walked away because they refused to participate in a massacre of an entire city. That's the morally right thing to do. Uther was his superior and Arthas pushed him away. He explained that to Terenas even. Pls. Arthas apologizers go die in a metaphorical fire.

- - - Updated - - -

For leaving him at the gates of Stratholme. That's morally wrong. Purging Stratholme literally saved the kingdom.

What is Daenerys 2.0? I don't see how Sylvie and Danny tie together here.

Alleria makes more sense than Tyrande. Tyrande can kill Nathanos, but it should be Alleria who puts an end to her twisted sister. That could be the breaking point which leads her to give into the whispers, since she'd still be killing her little sister that she loved so much.
    You're freaking reading my mind!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You're freaking reading my mind!!!
    But will it happen? I mean, the guy who kills Sylvanas will obviously be a big dude in the expansion, and so far Alleria isn't mentioned anywhere... whereas at least we know Arthas is coming back. I find it unlikely either Alleria or Tyrande will kill her, though I personally believe Alleria should.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand either. They are completely different characters. One was always a psycho, while the other was a good guy assassinated in the span of one and a half episode.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Arthas does not deserve this "honor". Clearly Tyrande is deserving of the kill-shot that floors Sylvanas.
    Tyrande deserves to be mined by peons she ordered to kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    They like using AoE against their enemies.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

She will not die within the next 6 months. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    IDGAF who does it, as long as the dumb bitch finally goes away forever in 9.x.
    Yeah. Hopefully sylvanas and tyrande simul each other. At least that way both sides lose someone "dumb".

- - - Updated - - -

But if they do that, they would have to twist shit to make the void good, since alleria is alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    She will not die within the next 6 months. You heard it here first.
    Seems legit.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    It's amazing how you people would give everyone a pass if it means they kill Sylvanas.
    I would give literally anyone a pass if it meant they killed Sylvanas slowly and made her death excruciating. I would print the passes myself. If they could kill her twice, that would be cool. If she could be put into some kind of Chromie-Experiment-Time-Looping-Machine where she died over and over and over and over, and you could click the machine to produce a music roll of her endless screaming, that would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    That's exactly why I put "good" in quotes. He was a very flawed little prince, yes. That's still better then the psychopathic murdering maniac he eventually became. As a human he was at least motivated for the "greater good," even if his methods were bad.
    It is clear from this comment you don't even know the basics of the WoW story.

Arthas as Lich King never became a psychopath or murdering maniac. His motivations as a death knight and lich king were basically the same as a paladin. As a lich king his goal was to raise an army to defend Azeroth from the burning legion and the old gods. He believed raising them as death knights was the best way to produce the strongest army. As the lich king at least he no longer held on to the racist notions of the Alliance of killing orcs, trolls, etc for being inferior races. So he was actually more about the "greater good" as LK than as a paladin.

It turns out we didn't need to be an army of undead death knights to beat the Legion, but it certainly may have helped if we had been. Just because a 1% chance of us winning vs the Legion worked out, doesn't mean it was the right decision. But that's kind of the deal for most of the childish folks who worry about "good guys" in general. In WoW, the 'good guys' are always wrong. They selfishly put their own bias ahead of the greater good. The 'bad guy' is always the realist who wants to take the higher win % to ensure survival.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    It is clear from this comment you don't even know the basics of the WoW story.

Arthas as Lich King never became a psychopath or murdering maniac. His motivations as a death knight and lich king were basically the same as a paladin. As a lich king his goal was to raise an army to defend Azeroth from the burning legion and the old gods. He believed raising them as death knights was the best way to produce the strongest army. As the lich king at least he no longer held on to the racist notions of the Alliance of killing orcs, trolls, etc for being inferior races. So he was actually more about the "greater good" as LK than as a paladin.

Arthas was actively purging the living from Lordearon as soon as he came back from Kalimdor. The remnants in WoW, such as Argent Dawn, Scarlet Crusade and so on survived only because he had to leave for Northrend.

I love Arthas, but I do not dare deny that after picking up Frostmourne, he was full on Chaotic Evil.
    Last edited by Dark Succ; 2019-11-26 at 06:25 PM.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    you heard it here first folks.
    TBH I would actually like this. Dead Arthas finishes the job he started, somehow sucks her power and comes back. That would be the only villain come back I would support.