Thread: Honor's usage?

15+ Year Old Account

Honor's usage?

Since the whole AV event is active I've been doing more and more PvP on alts that are below 120 and it got me to thinking, what good is honor now? Isn't conquest how you level up ranks and stuff so you can purchase gear? It says I've obtained 6056/8800 honor. I guess what I'm getting at is what good is honor?

Levels with cosmetic rewards and titles and stuff.

It serves the same purpose as Conquest - it lets you get stuff. Go check out the rewards and see if you are interested

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    It serves the same purpose as Conquest - it lets you get stuff. Go check out the rewards and see if you are interested
    Where are the honor vendors for Horde and Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    There are no vendors. You just get the rewards as you level up in Honor ranks.

Its mostly titles, and mounts. I think some pets.

https://www.wowhead.com/prestige-pvp-system-and-rewards

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA removed any use of honor. In legion it gave gold/AP + cosmetic rewards. Now you get a toy(same one over an over) every 25 honor levels, which takes like a season. The system needs an overhaul.

There are no vendors. You receive the rewards upon reaching the honor levels required. Here is a list of them https://www.wowhead.com/pvp-overview-battle-for-azeroth

Essentially it's 1 mount in a few color variations, some flags ... who uses flags I don't know, and some titles out of which only "the Unstoppable Force" stands out as a cool title.

Truth be told, with the amount of time it takes to reach rank 500 you can probably farm every other mount, title and toy in the game.

One of the best essences in BfA is earned with honor. Thats a pretty huge upgrade for honor, since in the past it was just used for worthless entry level gearing only and now it basicly gives one of the best end-game relevant things in the game.

The only issue people got with honor in BfA is the high impact of the essence with it, you cant simply ignore it even if you dont even enjoy PvP. Never ever in the game was honor so relevant even at the end of the expansion.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    **snip**
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    **snip**
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    **snip**
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    **snip**

This is a screenshot taken from my mage as an example. The reward shown is a nice staff that would be an upgrade for him. My other characters also show weapons appropriate for their class & spec when I hover over that too. Is this reward only given to one character ever or is there a way for my other characters to get it or buy it too? Sorry for all the noobish questions but I've never really been big into PvP outside of vanilla and the end of BC.

This is a screenshot taken from my mage as an example. The reward shown is a nice staff that would be an upgrade for him. My other characters also show weapons appropriate for their class & spec when I hover over that too. Is this reward only given to one character ever or is there a way for my other characters to get it or buy it too? Sorry for all the noobish questions but I've never really been big into PvP outside of vanilla and the end of BC.
    You get the reward for each character you cap conquest on, it's not account wide.

Conquest doesn't reset either, if you earn 300 conquest one week, you'll still have 300 the next week. And you'll get more choices based on what the example is.

Like for that staff, it probably also has a one hander, and off-hand, and what not that you can choose from. Weapons in general basically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You get the reward for each character you cap conquest on, it's not account wide.

Conquest doesn't reset either, if you earn 300 conquest one week, you'll still have 300 the next week. And you'll get more choices based on what the example is.

Like for that staff, it probably also has a one hander, and off-hand, and what not that you can choose from. Weapons in general basically.
    Choices where? Are they automatically given or is there a vendor you go get them from? If there is a vendor, what currency does it take?

Choices where? Are they automatically given or is there a vendor you go get them from? If there is a vendor, what currency does it take?
    On Tuesday click on the pvp chest if you earned your 500 CQ for the week a selection of whatever the CQ item is listed on the CQ bar. In your case it would be a selection of weapons, main hands and offhanders along with 2 handers for your class/spec? Been 6 months or so since I've done any pvp in game so I could be off a bit on something but pretty sure its right (lol).

Do you know the "PvP area locations" for your designated faction?

Once your CONQUEST point bar fills up (conquest points is the currency....but there are NO vendors) you can talk to an NPC and he will give you several options to pick from. Probably happears on mini map a quest to deliver.
    Several weapon types when the reward is a weapon.
    Several different stat priority gear.

Every conquest cap completion a different piece of gear is availabe.

But because you are "behind" on the weeks...you can complete the conquest point bar several times....until you are on the current week.

In the last couple weeks of a PvP season, you will get rewarded 1800 rated pvp gear (in item level). Pretty good gear by only completing the cap.
    But if you only started now doing the weekly cap...it will take you ages to be "up to date" to earn this awesome gear.

NOTE: You can also open your PvP chest weekly to get a reward...but since you dont do rated PvP...it will be poor gear.

Edit: i hope i didnt say anything wrong...
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-11-27 at 01:27 AM.

The staff in the screenshot is merely a preview. Once you reach 500/500 conquest on a character (as others pointed out it is per character and not account wide) you can visit the PvP Vendor in Boralus or Dazar'alor and they will have a quest for you (which you only have to turn-in as it is completed) and you get to choose between several items for a specific slot - in this case it is a weapon. You can do that every week by capping Conquest points at 500. And the week AFTER you completed a Conquest cap you also get to loot the giant War Chest next to the PvP Vendor. So if you cap it and turn-in your quest on Tuesday, on Wednesday you can loot the Chest for some extra rewards - Azerite, PvP gear, PvP consumables, etc.

If you only care about getting them as transmog, you should cap conquest on a warrior.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since the whole AV event is active I've been doing more and more PvP on alts that are below 120 and it got me to thinking, what good is honor now? Isn't conquest how you level up ranks and stuff so you can purchase gear? It says I've obtained 6056/8800 honor. I guess what I'm getting at is what good is honor?
    Ever since Legion, It's fill an honor bar to get really bad rewards you might not even like instead of getting honor currency to buy things you like or want. Aka, they made it more grindier, take longer and less rewarding per week so you spend more time playing so you pay a bigger sub. Sadly that's the truth of it right now. Hell that's the truth since Legion, everything's been made 3x as grindier just for the sake of it, I will always remember Blizzard proudly saying "We brought back the vanilla grind you remember to the game!" like the fudging bastard they are that clearly don't understand a good grind even though they've had good grinds for the past 11 or so years before Legion was around.

And It's very linear and badly designed anyway, they give you conquest bars to fill out as well to get gear you want. And It's capped at per week, so one best gear piece per week and It's not even great. You can get a much better piece by doing a Mythic+ or even Raid Finder instead.

But lets say for this argument you need to fill the bar every week with 500 conquest which if you do Battlegrounds, arenas and abit of Warmode outdoor you'll finish in 3-4 days ish. Not only does this gear not provide an upgrade for you 90 % of the time, but you most likely already had random pvp gear drop from loot boxes that you are given when you finish an Arena/BG which ALSO drops random gear. There's no way to target the slot you want.

Same problem PvE gearing up has, you can do world quests, sure. But you'll spend weeks getting alot of your set, a trinket, two rings, the entire shebang... but you'll then spend another 2 weeks just looking for that ONE WORLD QUEST THAT GIVES YOU A 2ND TRINKET. It's all designed to make you play more and waste your damn time and i don't appreciate Blizzard treating us like "Time spent playing" matters more than what we do In the game, they look at their analytics and metrics more than listening to the feedback of players.

Even with Shadowlands I don't believe they'll do anything significant. My biggest worry with classes is that, yes they will "Unprune" the classes, by which they mean giev us BACK abilities previously removed, PvP specific talents returned to the regular spellbook and not just PvP specific and that's it. And claim that It's a new thing, but what that really is, Is a reset, a default. All the abilities we used to have + the ones restricted to pvp only should be a given, a DEFAULT state your class should be in and from that going forward they should be doing more abilities, more talents, more choices but Im afraid they won't and they haven't said anything on that subject at Blizzcon 2019 either.

So right now, I'm glad I'm avoiding PvPing, because the honor system sucks, It's too grindy with diminishing returns same like the Artifact/Azerite Power Dump Traits they had in Legion and are having in BfA too now.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Ever since Legion, It's fill an honor bar to get really bad rewards you might not even like instead of getting honor currency to buy things you like or want. Aka, they made it more grindier, take longer and less rewarding per week so you spend more time playing so you pay a bigger sub. Sadly that's the truth of it right now. Hell that's the truth since Legion, everything's been made 3x as grindier just for the sake of it, I will always remember Blizzard proudly saying "We brought back the vanilla grind you remember to the game!" like the fudging bastard they are that clearly don't understand a good grind even though they've had good grinds for the past 11 or so years before Legion was around.
    1. Do you realize that the RNG gear you got in your chest is ABOVE of the RATING/DIFFICULTY you play?
    Just like Mythic+10 gives you a 440 ilvl piece, its the same with PVP you get items ABOVE your rating, but its RNG, else it would be just stupid to hand out ELITE gear for 1800 noobs.

2. Weapons, the most important pieces of the past had rating and timegated req's, so it was not really getting what you like, it was more or less save up all your coins till you meet the rating and timegate req to get you pre-raid weapon.

Everything is bad with BfA I know I know, did you even play before LEGION/BfA and used the old systems for gearing? It does not really sound like you did for me.
    -