Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you're struggling with threat then you likely need to fix your rotation. SS/BT > revenge >SA >HS(when you have rage to spare). You also need to get hit capped which is 6% at 305 weapon skill or 9% at 300. You have mask of the unforgiven and should be using it to tank with until you're hit capped. You can also get lionheart helm which is also a very nice for threat.

Your talents are bad. If you want to cheese stuns then pop a FAP potion on the trash/bosses where it's relevant. here is what deep prot should look like all of the points in imp revenge are flexible.

You can drop most of your defense gear for dps gear as well. It's kinda of pointless to run with full defense gear while having a shield on 24/7. You get more than enough mitigation from shield block alone.
    Last edited by anveena; 2019-11-26 at 12:03 AM.

Imagine whining about the lack of tanks yet decides to play a DPS...

Love life as a tank, i can choose what i want when i want.
    And i only need to have 17 points in protection so i'm able to have a perfectly working DPS / PvP spec at the same time.

Another major reason...there is no end game for many tanks..the MT and offtank positions are taken. They see no point to it after they realize this and re-roll. That is exactly what I am doing.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    It is so bad that now people are selling tank services.....

It was less of a problem in bfa but the best time to find a tank was around legion IMO, the mechanics were simple enough so it was an enjoyable role.

Contrary to tanks, Healers are more fun than retail, you can use the same addons and all but the mechanics are much simpler and you don't have to dps too or do anything except spamming heals. There are times where it's easier to find a healer than a dps.

The problem with vanilla is that most hybrids are not viable as tanks but as healers only so that leaves warriors as the only tanking option but most of them prefer to go dps because the class offers great dps and they are better for pvp like this too SO in the end there is none who can tank dungeons at all. If you add the complexity of the tanking role on top of this then it's an overkill.
    I am a dps/pvp warrior. I tanked 5 mans all the time, like non stop. The thing is, past tense, I did. I have my stuff and now the pvp patch is out, I'm busy pvping.

There is no way I'm going to waste my time tanking for a pug unless I'm payed. If a geared tank has zero monetary value to the community, have fun looking for a fresh undergeared tank that still is interested in the content.

On the other hand if I'm tanking for a guildie, I'm going to ensure that no one else in the group needs his/her drop. This means I'll either reserve the item, or just make sure we don't invite melee/caster pugs for example.

These are the 2 most common things I see people complain about, but they aren't going away. I don't play this game so I can fullfil the tank roll for every group in LFG and just be that altruistic nice guy everyone on the server loves. My play time is a limited valuable resource, and I try to maximize it by doing something productive for me or my guild.

I wouldn't say extinct, more that most people have been lead to believe that only warriors can tank, which is false. What's especially sad, is that people have this notion for something as trivial as dungeons....

The tank problem is even worse than retail, I can't find a tank at all and the tanks that join my group usually have requirements like being paid or res an item. I managed to finish the entire brd without a tank because I had an 60 lvl warrior who could tank in dps gear, he was raid geared. Lbrs+ is very hard without a clean tank and you can't outlevel the dungeons.

Is it me or this is a serious problem?
    If you're a Warrior... then why don't you tank?

It's not like you can ask a Warlock to switch to tank spec. You are the tank class.

Shocking, the game with like 80% less viable tank specs and the only tank spec left being a fucking dreadful horseshit experience to level.... has fewer tanks. Did not see that one coming.

The tank problem is even worse than retail, I can't find a tank at all and the tanks that join my group usually have requirements like being paid or res an item. I managed to finish the entire brd without a tank because I had an 60 lvl warrior who could tank in dps gear, he was raid geared. Lbrs+ is very hard without a clean tank and you can't outlevel the dungeons.

Is it me or this is a serious problem?
    It was a problem in VAnilla, but it is part of the charm you all had for private servers and Classic. So, you can roll a warrior and tank, roll a prot pally or feral druid and hope people will take you, or just deal with it. This is what it was and Blizzard will keep it this way because this is what you all wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    There is no way I'm going to waste my time tanking for a pug unless I'm payed. If a geared tank has zero monetary value to the community, have fun looking for a fresh undergeared tank that still is interested in the content.

On the other hand if I'm tanking for a guildie, I'm going to ensure that no one else in the group needs his/her drop. This means I'll either reserve the item, or just make sure we don't invite melee/caster pugs for example.

These are the 2 most common things I see people complain about, but they aren't going away. I don't play this game so I can fullfil the tank roll for every group in LFG and just be that altruistic nice guy everyone on the server loves. My play time is a limited valuable resource, and I try to maximize it by doing something productive for me or my guild.
    Yup the good old days of community on display right here folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    If you're a Warrior... then why don't you tank?

It's not like you can ask a Warlock to switch to tank spec. You are the tank class.
    Warlocks can tank dungeons. By the time a raid become "puggable" or on farm a warlock can tank it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    It was a problem in VAnilla, but it is part of the charm you all had for private servers and Classic. So, you can roll a warrior and tank, roll a prot pally or feral druid and hope people will take you, or just deal with it. This is what it was and Blizzard will keep it this way because this is what you all wanted.
    Eh, dont know if it is problem on streamer servers or in US, but neither server on EU I play on has had any problem with playing Feral tanks(all instances) or even Shaman tanks(outside UBRS).
    Cant say for paladins since I dont play alliance sadly.

Yup the good old days of community on display right here folks.
    True, like in the good ol' days friends and guildies come first and fuck the people who mistreat you or someone of them.

Like I said earlier on this threat, the avg pug player mistreats the tanks so much that it is not worth the time and stress to tank for them.

Be nice to people and they usually help you out unless you're unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by curupuru View Post
    Eh, dont know if it is problem on streamer servers or in US, but neither server on EU I play on has had any problem with playing Feral tanks(all instances) or even Shaman tanks(outside UBRS).
    Cant say for paladins since I dont play alliance sadly.

True, like in the good ol' days friends and guildies come first and fuck the people who mistreat you or someone of them.

Like I said earlier on this threat, the avg pug player mistreats the tanks so much that it is not worth the time and stress to tank for them.

Be nice to people and they usually help you out unless you're unreasonable.
    That was just a commentary on how people weren't really any different back then compared to now. It was hard to find tanks back then. You really had to be one or rely on guild tanks because players were dicks back then too.

That was just a commentary on how people weren't really any different back then compared to now. It was hard to find tanks back then. You really had to be one or rely on guild tanks because players were dicks back then too.
    Ah, mistook your point then. Sorry about that.

I thought this said Rank and not Tank was going to say they don't exist because ONCE AGAIN blizzard chose only to update honor for a handful of people!

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Lol for real. The answer to that question is within ourselves. Just ask yourself "why am i not playing a prot warrior". You'll find the answer.
    Beside I'm sure all these mofo dps complaining always kill warriors on sight (for those who are in a pvp realm).
    the answer to this problem is 1 and simply\

blizzard needs to make playing tank much easier and much more forgiving then playing dps.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Why do you think every single new class has a tank spec?

Why do you think that role is the only one that drastically changed throughout the years?

Yes it's a giant problem in vanilla, live with it, that's the vanilla experience, wasting time searching for tanks is part of that experience.
    Why do retail players seem to infect every classic thread right from the start?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

blizzard needs to make playing tank much easier and much more forgiving then playing dps.
    Playing a tank is quite easy

You only have to hold aggro, interrupt and that's it

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

We've had 15 years to prepare for this. If tanking is still a arduous task, tanking is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by curupuru View Post
    Ah, mistook your point then. Sorry about that.
    No worries.

Why would anyone play a tank? Sucks at questing, sucks at pvp.