Thread: Blizzard\WC3R

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard\WC3R

So i am a bit of tired of Blizzard and thats saddens me. I remember that when u hear Blizzard firm, it means only quality. Today i see only chance in WC3R and even here is a problem. The release date is unknown even that it has only one month until so called "release" and even on the 15 years aniversary no word. First half of 2019 we didnt hear a WORD of it. Even in Blizzcon they didnt announce anything and thats probably coz they are affraid that they are not ready and they are no sure. The time is ticking and they are probably nervous. SC2 isnt evolving. D4 and OW i dont care about them. Suddenly i dont see what would i do on battlenet. played WoW before but, enough of it already. If they screw up with WC3R... that would be the last nail in the coffin. Does anyone else feels the same?

I'll keep an eye on Diablo,. just because i played d1, d2, d3 and every expansion pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard lost their touch ages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is kinda what happens when you get bigger, old talent that made you what you are leaves and you replace them with young blood that doesn't have the experience or the backbone to stand up to the guys calling the shots in favor of $$$ above anything. Also young blood is worse talent wise than old blood was, there are very few that are actually talented and most of them don't work for blizzard. They suffer greatly in the writing department, not that they were ever pinnacles of writing in gaming, but it's definitely at an all time low.

7+ Year Old Account
    I washed myself of Blizzard for good, over a year ago. During Blizzcon 2018. Removed every product of theirs from every device I own, and walked away. I saw NOTHING in the last Blizzcon that would even remotely make me reconsider that.

The guy in charge of writing Sylvanas was more concerned with making her his Mary Sue waifu (complete with redesigning an existing character in his image, turning said character into a self insert, and then shipping him with Sylvanas, IN CANON), much more than good storytelling. It's pretty creepy actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    This is kinda what happens when you get bigger, old talent that made you what you are leaves and you replace them with young blood that doesn't have the experience or the backbone to stand up to the guys calling the shots in favor of $$$ above anything. Also young blood is worse talent wise than old blood was, there are very few that are actually talented and most of them don't work for blizzard. They suffer greatly in the writing department, not that they were ever pinnacles of writing in gaming, but it's definitely at an all time low.
    It's a weird situation, but I don't think it has anything to do with Talent honestly, I'm sure there is many talented people at Blizzard but they're stiffed from people at the top who only look at the money.

Experience definitely has very little to do with it. Blizzard was built on the backs of inexperience, in both game design and business. Hell I watched a thing done by David Brevik on D1, they were so not business people that they (Condor) signed on to make D1 for $300,000, that wasn't even enough to pay their employees for the time worked.

The issues at Blizz don't boil down to talent or experience, they boil down to being slaves to the shareholders, if this year isn't better than last year you're not getting money.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Blizzard lost their touch ages ago.
    Yep. It started in WOTLK and in cataclysm this cituation was like a normal thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I washed myself of Blizzard for good, over a year ago. During Blizzcon 2018. Removed every product of theirs from every device I own, and walked away. I saw NOTHING in the last Blizzcon that would even remotely make me reconsider that.

The guy in charge of writing Sylvanas was more concerned with making her his Mary Sue waifu (complete with redesigning an existing character in his image, turning said character into a self insert, and then shipping him with Sylvanas, IN CANON), much more than good storytelling. It's pretty creepy actually.
    What about wc3r?

Yeh.. what's going on with WC3R anyway?? Less than a month away from supposed launch and no release date. Also, didn't the scope of the project get dramatically reduced? Isn't it basically just a visual makeover and nothing else is changing? I think I heard that they were changing the maps/environments to line up better with WoW right?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-27 at 06:56 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    So i am a bit of tired of Blizzard and thats saddens me. I remember that when u hear Blizzard firm, it means only quality. Today i see only chance in WC3R and even here is a problem. The release date is unknown even that it has only one month until so called "release" and even on the 15 years aniversary no word. First half of 2019 we didnt hear a WORD of it. Even in Blizzcon they didnt announce anything and thats probably coz they are affraid that they are not ready and they are no sure. The time is ticking and they are probably nervous. SC2 isnt evolving. D4 and OW i dont care about them. Suddenly i dont see what would i do on battlenet. played WoW before but, enough of it already. If they screw up with WC3R... that would be the last nail in the coffin. Does anyone else feels the same?
    At Blizzcon they announced the closed Beta, invited a bunch of people to it. What do you want them to announce? It's a remake, there wasn't a million announcement about SC2 remastered or WoW Classic, sure there was buzz around WoW Classic but it's not like they made ANNOUNCEMENTS for it, there's nothing to announce lol.

It's true that the lack of release date is weird, maybe it will get delayed, it doesn't bother me that much, usually a delay is a good thing, it means they keep working on it, I'd rather see the game delayed than released with bugs and crashes like D3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    It's true that the lack of release date is weird, maybe it will get delayed,
    They are legally not allowed to delay the official release do a date after 31.12.2019.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    They are legally not allowed to delay the official release do a date after 31.12.2019.
    Why is that? Because of pre-orders? Guess we'll play our first game on new years eve then lol.

Ya, but there are loopholes. There's nothing saying they have to release the full game on that date. For example they could release only the matchmaking and that would give them the loophole around the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Ya, but there are loopholes. There's nothing saying they have to release the full game on that date.
    It wasnt my intention to imply that they would have to release the full game ;P. I just wanted to point out that they have to do an official release this year, no matter the state of the game

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...thread/page108

search function must be broken, I guess
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

It wasnt my intention to imply that they would have to release the full game ;P. I just wanted to point out that they have to do an official release this year, no matter the state of the game
    I know, I was just adding onto what you said for clarity for others who may not know of how, stupid, loopholes work. As it is they only have the Matchmaking active for the current state of beta, so I imagine that's all we're going to get at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's a weird situation, but I don't think it has anything to do with Talent honestly, I'm sure there is many talented people at Blizzard but they're stiffed from people at the top who only look at the money.

Experience definitely has very little to do with it. Blizzard was built on the backs of inexperience, in both game design and business. Hell I watched a thing done by David Brevik on D1, they were so not business people that they (Condor) signed on to make D1 for $300,000, that wasn't even enough to pay their employees for the time worked.

The issues at Blizz don't boil down to talent or experience, they boil down to being slaves to the shareholders, if this year isn't better than last year you're not getting money.
    I'll state it again, shareholders do not give a shit about what is in a game or how it is made, they just want to see if the company is making money. Bottom line. They have no say in making games. With that, upper management may ask for ways to monetize, or ways to increase player activity which could lead to more cash shop transactions. But the devs themselves, the ones responsible for making the games aren't slaves to shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I'll state it again, shareholders do not give a shit about what is in a game or how it is made, they just want to see if the company is making money. Bottom line. They have no say in making games. With that, upper management may ask for ways to monetize, or ways to increase player activity which could lead to more cash shop transactions. But the devs themselves, the ones responsible for making the games aren't slaves to shareholders.
    I don't mean the devs themselves directly, but it bleeds down, the CEO has to please the shareholders, the heads of each division need to please the CEO, the leads of each game need please the head of the division, so in the end they just push for more player retention, more money made, etc. So while the devs may not be direct slaves to shareholders, they are indirect slaves.

They could have a great idea, but if it costs more to implement then the number pushers think it will make, its going to get shelved.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-11-28 at 04:43 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    We already have a WC3 megathread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    Yep. It started in WOTLK and in cataclysm this cituation was like a normal thing.

- - - Updated - - -

What about wc3r?
    My morals are more important to me than games. While WC3R does look like it will be good, I can't morally justify giving money to that company. So I'll pass.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...aft-3-Reforged

Please use the existing megathread for WC3 discussion. Thanks.