10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yep.

At this point, Giuliani can either accept his being scapegoated, and go down for bribery, extortion, treason against the USA, and other charges. Or he can hand what he knows over to Congress.

Before anyone bitches about attorney-client privilege; A> that could mean Giuliani gets disbarred, which is way preferable to criminal convictions from his point of view, and B> it doesn't even apply to Congressional subpoenas in the first place, and there's plenty of precedent on that point.

Why would attorney-client privilege come into it? Trump just publicly said he didn't send Rudy to Ukraine - here's the relevant part of the transcript (and by 'transcript' I mean an actual word-for-word record of one criminal pervert talking to another criminal pervert, and not any sort of summary memorandum):

Bill O'Reilly: "I don't really care what he says, but what was Rudy Giuliani doing in Ukraine on your behalf?"

Trump: "Well, you have to ask that to Rudy, but Rudy, I don't, I don't even know. I know he was going to go to Ukraine and I think he canceled a trip. But, you know, Rudy has other clients other than me. I'm one person."

Bill O'Reilly: "So, you didn't direct him to go there on your behalf?"

Trump: "No, but but you have to understand, Rudy is a great corruption fighter. He's one of the greatest in the last 50 years. He was the greatest mayor in the history of the city of New York, by far, much better than Bloomberg. I mean, Bloomberg when he took it over, the crime was in great shape. I mean, Rudy did a great job as mayor.

"You know, when you think, I mean, he has to look, I mean, he felt, he felt personally insulted by what happened during my campaign because there were a lot of bad things happening and you know that better than anybody else. A lot of really bad things were happening during my campaign. In a way, it's a miracle that I won because with all of those horrible things with the media against, with the the dishonesty, the tremendous dishonesty.

"Then you hear about Google and Facebook and Twitter, everybody against and we won. I guess you could say it was a landslide in the Electoral College."

And in any case, it's not like Giuliani was working for Trump - Rudy says Trump wasn't paying him, he was getting paid from money-laundering Russian oligarchs and he was getting paid by an expat Venezuelan money-laundering oligarch, and used to be paid by a money-laundering(pdf link) Qatari Sheik Abdullah Bin Khalid al-Thani (who is believed to have sheltered 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed)... there's a long list of people who paid Rudy Giuliani, and it's made of up financial criminals, terrorist sympathizers, and resource-looting oligarchs (as opposed to the West's capitalist UHNWIs or China's neo-feudal mandarins) - who are, by what is doubtless sheer coincidence, the same class of people (in many cases, the same exact people, such as Russian-Ukranian oligarch (and wanted embezzeler ) Pavel Fuks) whom Donald Trump does business with.
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2019-11-27 at 09:20 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    Looks like Rudy is the latest victim of the trump bus.
    "I didnt order him yo go to Ukraine, I thought his trip was cancelled, he has other clients."
    That's so nice of Rudy's other clients to ask him to do Trump a solid! 10/10 would Rudy again

Good news guys

GDP got increased from 1.9% to 2.1%
    Business investment dropped at a 2.7% rate in the third quarter, rather than contracting at a 3.0% pace as previously reported
    Whoot all those tax cut dollars being reinvested into the economy...umm.. trickling ….umm...down???

Inventories increased at a $79.8 billion pace instead of the $69.0 billion pace reported last month.
    Whoot for GDP bump...ummm...for unsold goods.....

Oh and that massive govt spending bump...On the defense side, orders for capital goods such as ships soared nearly 17% and bookings for military aircraft and parts jumped 18%.

and since that report, orders for durable goods are up (even more massive govt military spending)

Orders for durable goods rose sharply in October, but most of the gain was tied to defense-related goods such as fighter jets and ships. Bookings for civilian products barely rose, highlighting ongoing softness in the industrial side of the economy that’s constraining U.S. growth.
    Orders climbed 0.6% last month, the government said Wednesday. Economists surveyed by MarketWatch had forecast a 1.1% drop.
    Yet if military hardware is stripped out, orders edged up just 0.1%.

Even better news GDP estimates have been upgraded!!!

The CNBC/Moody’s Analytic’s rapid update of economists forecasts showed a median increase of 0.1 percentage points to 1.8%
    Atlanta Fed’s GDP Now forecaster now sees tracking fourth quarter GDP at 1.7%,

ONE...POINT...EIGHT...MAAAAAAAAAAGAAAAA
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I think I missed the last Soros meeting. What did we change Thanksgiving to?
    Oh damn, you missed a great one but I can give you the cliff notes. Yes as @Dontrike said we are changing Thanksgiving to ThankSJWiving, we are removing all masculine pro-nouns from the English language, we are moving forward with our plans to displace every Conservative white Christian in America and replace them with either an LGTBQ person or a racial minority, and finally we are setting up the groundwork for replacing the Russian government with our Lizard people shadow agents. It was a really productive meeting and our refreshment committee ended the night with unborn fetus popplers and christian blood margaritas, it was so much fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    Looks like Rudy is the latest victim of the trump bus.
    But Rudy said he had insurance!

This is so much tougher to do when everyone involved in Team Trump is a serial liar, or parroting a serial liar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Funny how this is the good news for Team Trump.

"GDP revised back over two percent".

And, as quoted, not expected to happen twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Funny how this is the good news for Team Trump.

"GDP revised back over two percent".

And, as quoted, not expected to happen twice.

its ok it will be quietly reduced next year just like trump 2.9% 2018 result was downgraded to 2.6%.

Don't you know 2% gdp is both a great economy and the worst economy ever. the only difference is whom is president
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Good news guys

Business investment dropped at a 2.7% rate in the third quarter, rather than contracting at a 3.0% pace as previously reported
    Whoot all those tax cut dollars being reinvested into the economy...umm.. trickling ….umm...down???

Inventories increased at a $79.8 billion pace instead of the $69.0 billion pace reported last month.
    Whoot for GDP bump...ummm...for unsold goods.....

Oh and that massive govt spending bump...On the defense side, orders for capital goods such as ships soared nearly 17% and bookings for military aircraft and parts jumped 18%.

and since that report, orders for durable goods are up (even more massive govt military spending)

Orders for durable goods rose sharply in October, but most of the gain was tied to defense-related goods such as fighter jets and ships. Bookings for civilian products barely rose, highlighting ongoing softness in the industrial side of the economy that’s constraining U.S. growth.
    Orders climbed 0.6% last month, the government said Wednesday. Economists surveyed by MarketWatch had forecast a 1.1% drop.
    Yet if military hardware is stripped out, orders edged up just 0.1%.

Even better news GDP estimates have been upgraded!!!

The CNBC/Moody’s Analytic’s rapid update of economists forecasts showed a median increase of 0.1 percentage points to 1.8%
    Atlanta Fed’s GDP Now forecaster now sees tracking fourth quarter GDP at 1.7%,

ONE...POINT...EIGHT...MAAAAAAAAAAGAAAAA
    Where is that 3%+ we were all promised? Where are the Trumplestiltskins to admit dear leader is wrong?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yep.

At this point, Giuliani can either accept his being scapegoated, and go down for bribery, extortion, treason against the USA, and other charges. Or he can hand what he knows over to Congress.

Before anyone bitches about attorney-client privilege; A> that could mean Giuliani gets disbarred, which is way preferable to criminal convictions from his point of view, and B> it doesn't even apply to Congressional subpoenas in the first place, and there's plenty of precedent on that point.
    I wonder what happens when Trump runs out of fall-guys. Once he's sacrificed everyone to take the blame, perhaps even his own family, he might fly off the handle more than he already has.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

That would depend on how much the fall guys talk.

Devin Nunes is trending on Twitter as the Director of Butt Licking. When did he get this promotion?

Only so much can fit into Trump ass at any one time..I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait; Devin Nunes is trending on Twitter, and the hashtag is something to behold

In June, Rep. Devin Nunes sued Twitter, as well as three individual Twitter accounts, for defamation. The complaint, which asked for $250,000,000 in damages and $350,000 in punitive damages, argued that, "As part of its agenda to squelch Nunes' voice, cause him extreme pain and suffering, influence the 2018 Congressional election, and distract, intimidate and interfere with Nunes' investigation into corruption and Russian involvement in the 2016 Presidential Election, Twitter did absolutely nothing." What were these disparaging and defaming accounts, attacking Nunes in such a way as to warrant this lawsuit? They were Devin Nunes' Mom @DevinNunesMom) and Devin Nunes' Cow @DevinCow).

That’s right: one account purporting to be owned by Devin Nunes’ cow and one purporting to be owned by Devin Nunes’ mom. Well, the owner of these accounts has filed his own legal papers in hopes of squashing Nunes’ lawsuit. The Sacramento Bee reported on the filing, noting that it argues, for one, that “No reasonable person would believe that Devin Nunes’ cow actually has a Twitter account, or that the hyperbole, satire and cow-related jokes it posts are serious facts.” It also says that no sentient person would believe that one of Devin Nunes’ actual cows would have and be able to use a Twitter account, since “It is self-evident that cows are domesticated livestock animals and do not have the intelligence, language, or opposable digits needed to operate a Twitter account.”

Adam Parkhomenko, who owns the account, submitted the filing, and the details are as hilarious as you might expect. The filing makes some salient points:

The satirical account frequently uses very obvious pun language, such as, “Devin is whey over his head” and “it’s pasture time to move him to prison.”

Parkhomenko’s attorney also cites “rhetorical hyperbole,” covered by the First Amendment, such as “treasonous cowpoke” and “Director of Butt Licking.”

And so a hashtag was born: #DirectorOfButtLicking. And it has gone viral.

I was trying to figure out why #DirectorOfButtLicking was trending... and then I realized... Oh @DevinNunes is in the news.... — Travis Bone (@TheRealTBone) November 27, 2019

And it took off like wildfire.

Oh no... #DirectorOfButtLicking is now the #3 trending hashtag.

You are going to ruin @DevinNunes' day if you continue to tweet #DirectorOfButtLicking.

So please, definitely don't tweet #DirectorOfButtLicking. https://t.co/BVvNgbK2Qq — Travis Akers (@travisakers) November 27, 2019

But there were people who did have questions about the legitimacy of the title.

You see, @DevinNunes doesn't like it when people call him #DirectorOfButtLicking because he is actually #SecretaryofButtLicking --it's a cabinet level position. https://t.co/9CxHNz43Sc — Anastasia Krupnik (@Shereste) November 27, 2019

Lest we forget how much people like Rep. Devin Nunes deserve this public reviling:

A patriotic reminder from our esteemed and not hyper-partisan talking-heads about doing the right thing...#WednesdayWisdom #TrumpCrimeSyndicate #DirectorOfButtLicking pic.twitter.com/y3VNfUD28y
    — KH (@labboypro) November 27, 2019

Just to clarify - did you say DO use #DirectorOfButtLicking or did you say DO NOT use #DirectorOfButtLicking? Just so I'm clear on whether or not I'm supposed to use #DirectorOfButtLicking. — Elaine Sowersby #Kamala2020 (@ElaineSowersby) November 27, 2019

Was Gym Jordan demoted from #DirectorOfButtLicking ? Go Nooney Tunes! @DevinNunes — Kristin ZBGW (@KZalibutters) November 27, 2019

But in the end, Devin Nunes is not simply a joke. He’s also an awful person.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post

Further confirming that the whole "Triggered" thing is all just about being assholes to people until they react. Could it get more childish? I suppose when your daddy is rich and hands you everything you've ever had in life you never need to actually grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Further confirming that the whole "Triggered" thing is all just about being assholes to people until they react. Could it get more childish? I suppose when your daddy is rich and hands you everything you've ever had in life you never need to actually grow up.
    You forget that should you be mean to trumpers they will scream and cry like the spineless babies they are.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    The Trump's family line needs to not continue.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    You forget that should you be mean to trumpers they will scream and cry like the spineless babies they are.
    "lol look at how TRIGGERED Libtards are when their family members are assholes to them!" - Republicans
    "OMG HOW DARE YOU BOO TRUMP!" - Also Republicans

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    "lol look at how TRIGGERED Libtards are when their family members are assholes to them!" - Republicans
    It's always projection about something, I guess.

Basically. Trumpers are that kid on the playground that runs around pushing kids but when someone pushed them they run to teacher crying about how they're the victim. It's pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    Basically. Trumpers are that kid on the playground that runs around pushing kids but when someone pushed them they run to teacher crying about how they're the victim. It's pretty funny
    And then they whine about how there's no civility in politics anymore when they're the ones who took it out back, shot it, then fucked the corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giuliani reportedly calls Trump to say he was "only joking" about having insurance.

This aligns with his recent "clarification" that he had dirt on Biden in case he got...fired...by Trump. Yeah, it really doesn't make sense. But then again, neither does telling the person known for blaming everyone but himself and attacking people who commit the treason of disagreeing with him that you don't have insurance.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again it's time for Guess the Speaker!

I signed these bills out of respect for President Xi, China, and the people of Hong Kong. They are being enacted in the hope that Leaders and Representatives of China and Hong Kong will be able to amicably settle their differences leading to long term peace and prosperity for all
    "That sounds....bills, plural?"

Yeah, besides the first one, Congress also banned export of certain weapons to the Hong Kong police.

"Oh. Well, it's still Trump."

Correct.

After Congress passed the bill, Trump’s aides debated whether the president’s endorsement could undermine efforts to reach an interim trade deal with China, and most of them ultimately recommended the signing to show support for the protesters, a person familiar with the matter said.

The decision was also influenced by the overwhelming majorities in the Senate and House in favor of the legislation, which was widely seen as making the bills veto-proof, as well as the landslide election victory in Hong Kong earlier this week of critics of Chinese rule, the person said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

If Trump had opted to use his veto, it could have been overridden by two-thirds votes in both the Senate and the House. The legislation would have automatically become law on Dec. 3 if Trump had opted to do nothing.
    We've talked about this before. Honestly, Trump's smarter move might have been the third option I forgot about, ignoring it entirely. The bills were due to become law no matter what, but if he vetoed it he would have tried to keep China at the bargaining table, and by signing it (which he did) they have yet another reason to walk away. Not signing it would have spared Congress from refuting him publicly, while still sending the same message of disapproval to China. Granted, any other President would have signed it too, but then, any other President wouldn't have anything to lose by doing so.

China has denounced the legislation as gross interference in its affairs and a violation of international law.

After the Senate passed the legislation, Beijing vowed counter-measures to safeguard its sovereignty and security.

Trump’s statement on the bill signing indicated that he was doing so with reservations about portions of the legislation, saying “certain provisions of the Act would interfere with the exercise of the president’s constitutional authority to state the foreign policy of the United States.”
    That bolded looks familiar. Hey @Skroe can you think of another bill, with nearly unanimous House/Senate consent, referring to denounced actions by a hostile foreign power, that Trump signed while commenting negatively on it? What term did we use to discuss such a signing? And how do you feel about leading questions?

I'm sure Trump's views on his Constitutional authority come from the same place about his tariffs, moving the Wall funds, and blocking subpoenas.