Poll: Is Anduin a Priest or Paladin?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    No, he literally smacked it in the face with a holy hammer, you know who smacks people in the face with holy hammers? Paladins

He destroyed the siege engine in the Lordaeron assault scenario, you'll have to find a video of it or play through it yourself I don't really care.

As for the cinematic it's around two minutes and thirty seconds in
    Priest's Smite has a hammer icon, a hammer is more of a holy thing in general since priests use maces as well. Regardless, if you classify a paladin strictly as "someone who uses holy magic and wears heavy armor" then yes, he's a paladin. However, he's more of a "cleric" who's not fully a priest but not entirely the marital warrior that most paladins are. He doesn't fully capture that image of weapon skills like Uther, Tirion, or even Arthas did.

That's why I said if he trained with someone like Muradin he'd become an unstoppable paladin considering how much raw power he has in the light. Perhaps he'd be more powerful than someone like Uther if he trained consistently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Wears plate armor, fights in melee with a sword, uses holy light.

Walks like a paladin, talks like a paladin, looks like a paladin. So obviously he's a priest.
    Exactly lol

Everyone knows World of Warcraft hasn't been canon since 2014. So we must look at the true source of Warcraft lore: Heroes of the Storm.

He's definitely a priest.
    I don't know many Paladins that use Leap of Faith.

He's a Fighter / Cleric

Praladin? /10char

How many times does it need to be said that game play restrictions and mechanics are non canonical? And in is a Priest. He could wield 2 2h greataxes, use commanding shout to rally his troops, and cast fel magic and still be a priest because Blizzard says he is a priest. I couldn't as a priest in game because there has to rule sets to obey for a game to function. So in game Priest wear cloth, cannot use 2h weapons or dual wield, and certainly cannot use fel magics.

Also Paladins are priest that are trained in martial combat and therefore can use weapons of war and wear heavy armor. If Anduin was a player character he would be a Paladin. But he is a lore figure and gameplay rules do not and have never applied.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skribzy View Post
    Everyone knows World of Warcraft hasn't been canon since 2014. So we must look at the true source of Warcraft lore: Heroes of the Storm.

He's definitely a priest.
    I don't know many Paladins that use Leap of Faith.
    WoW has lore canon. What the OP and many here are confused by is gameplay rule sets. There is nothing lore breaking about Anduin, dual classes, and the like. We just cannot follow that in game because of the current rule set.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Actually anduin multiclasses in two prestige classes. He is has 50 levels in "our treasure" and 53 levels in "precious son".

Lore characters don't really subscribe to gameplay idea of classes so as long as he isn't part of paladin order he is just a priest.
    hahahahaha thank you for the laugh.

Clearly he is a Priestadin, who specializes in Baby-Face and Sweetheart.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

He's a priest.

I'm not sure honestly how this is a discussion besides trying to argue canon already.
    He's used as a priest in all representation, he avoids conflict as much as he can, he uses the Light as his strength before anything else. He's been flat out stated to be a priest.

As pointed out, Thrall has wore plate, and he's also worn cloth. He's used a two handed weapon, and he's shown to be able to use all abilities outside of being restricted to a specialization. Game mechanics aren't applicable to lore.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    She is priestess.
    I agree, anybody that cries that much has to be a priestess or...another word that starts with pu...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I'm interested in seeing what people here think (regardless of what the writers have said)

Do you think Anduin would fall under the Priest class or Paladin class?
    Hero Class Priest. Was confirmed by Blizzard after his last appearance. Maybe to a stretch, Cleric - the stage before Paladin.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Hes a paladin, blizz just keep lying and saying hes a priest, but no shadow magic, wears armor and fights in melee with 2h sword, which is literrally the difference between the 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    He's a paladin. If a priest absorbs enough Light he becomes a paladin.

Paladins are like priests but just stronger in their beliefs.

Priests: 20-60% Light
    Paladins: >60% Light

Also. Priests are always servants of something. Andyboy can't be a servant cause he's the high king of the Alliance.
    That is not really a good way to describe them.

A priest uses and spreads the holy powers in their beliefs.
    A paladin infuses, and harnesses the holy power of their belief in their advancement.

Their beliefs can be the same, or stronger, has nothing to do with their class - what does have part of their class, as their belief of using the light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Hes a paladin, blizz just keep lying and saying hes a priest, but no shadow magic, wears armor and fights in melee with 2h sword, which is literrally the difference between the 2.
    Don't have to use shadow magic to be a priest.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

He mind controlled that dwarf in MoP.
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is a Priest, story characters just don't have to play by the same rules players characters do

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is Anduin.

He could use a gun and power armor and it would not effect his "class" because what defines him as a priest is the writers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen cloth armor sets lately?

They are made out of everything except cloth

Anduin wearing huge ass metalic chunks on his shoulders falls under that concept

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Anduin is a priest - it has been stated multiple times that some NPCs (especially leaders) are hybrid classes hence he's wearing the plate armor
    Then what two classes is he a hybrid of? Priest and what other class?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is not really a good way to describe them.

A priest uses and spreads the holy powers in their beliefs.
    A paladin infuses, and harnesses the holy power of their belief in their advancement.

Their beliefs can be the same, or stronger, has nothing to do with their class - what does have part of their class, as their belief of using the light.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't have to use shadow magic to be a priest.
    No, but if he did it would rule out paladin, so hes left with nothing that restricts him from being a pally but uses weapons/armor that restricts him from being a priest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    He mind controlled that dwarf in MoP.
    Source? I remember hearing something about it but i thought it was changed?

Source? I remember hearing something about it but i thought it was changed?