Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Does this mean DK's will have a new starting experience in 8.3? Because if so, i'm surprised that there's barely any datamined info of it besides some weapons and a few dialog lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Its almost guaranteed that any newly created DK (allied races) will be starting at lvl20 from 8.3 onwards.
    Not really. They start at 10 and that's been stated

10+ Year Old Account
    I've made a few on the PTR, but now they're locked off saying 'you need to purchase Shadowlands to access this blah blah'.

One thing I do not like are the DK's new eyes, they almost look grainy, like detail for the sake of detail instead of simply being a smooth glowing texture.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    I paid for DKs when I bought WotLK back in 2008. Not going to pay them again. If they pull this off we're going to court.

It will be Blizzard's last mistake.
    They are pulling it off.
    What are you going to court about?
    Who is we?
    Are you expecting to send Blizzard straight to jail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Not really. They start at 10 and that's been stated
    I am fairly certain that "starting at 10" happens after the level squish, i.e. when Shadowlands prepatch hits. It would be strange for 8.3 allied race DK's to start at a lower level than any other class does as an allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I am fairly certain that "starting at 10" happens after the level squish, i.e. when Shadowlands prepatch hits. It would be strange for 8.3 allied race DK's to start at a lower level than any other class does as an allied race.
    I see what you're saying and didn't realize which specific point in time we were talking

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah man, take them to the cleaners!

Camelboy, the hero we deserve.

Most allied races abilities are quite horrible for DKs, while under this thick DK Armor everything kinda looks the same...

Personally, i am sad that blizz now advertises race skins as content, how about adding more depth to classes? Shadowlands would have been the perfect time to introduce a new range dd class. Necromancer comes to mind, while dks need a new design, for some of their specs.

Really strange "allied races this, allied race that" meta currently at blizz.....visuals before gameplay....i see how this was made possible with all the original devs leaving a sinking ship, because thats the time all of this nonsense actually started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhunes View Post
    Not sure if this has been stated anywhere yet but to make an Allied Race DK on the PTR currently it says that the purchase of Shadowlands is required. (Which I did purchase already but I guess it doesn't count for the PTR) I guess this kind of makes sense since it's kind of an expansion feature. I'm guessing that they're not going to be available in 8.3 but at a later date. Maybe 8.3.5 or even the prepatch like DH before Legion.

Edit: Well I just saw a post on Wowhead literally seconds after I posted this that says this info lmao

Edit 2: Also side note, are they going to add any undead textures like the original races have? Like the 3 undeadish faces and 3 different skin tones and hair colors.
    Odd thing is I DO have it on order and it still says this to me..though I have three accounts and only one has it so many be that is why

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Its almost guaranteed that any newly created DK (allied races) will be starting at lvl20 from 8.3 onwards.
    Level 10 for allied race do..level 1 non allied race if I recall right

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Not like this is anything new...been doing pre-order stuff for a while "shrugs"
    It's good to see them flexing an amazing content spread in this upcoming, clearly very inspired expansion. Nothing screams pre-order me quite like being able to reroll a decade old class on the same race, only that race now can have one of five low resolution tattoos.
    Last edited by Merin; 2019-11-28 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    It's good to see them flexing an amazing content spread in this upcoming, clearly very inspired expansion. Nothing screams pre-order me quite like being able to reroll a decade old class on the same race, only that race now can have one of five low resolution tattoos.
    Umm...okay...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Level 10 for allied race do..level 1 non allied race if I recall right
    AFAIR it's 10 for Hero classes regardless of race from 9.0 onwards. 8.3 will still have default starting levels because otherwise they'd have no skills for at least 40 levels.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I've made a few on the PTR, but now they're locked off saying 'you need to purchase Shadowlands to access this blah blah'.
    I have the same thing too. Might have to wait until the PTR updates a few times. There's still the intro
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    I heard on BlizzardWatch podcast that DH and DK will start at level 1 after Shadowlands. But they didn't source it. And I might be misremembering anyway.
    Now that you mention it, it might have been allied races who start at 10 I was thinking of. I suppose in the case of allied race DKs it would be both technically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Shadowlands would have been the perfect time to introduce a new range dd class. Necromancer comes to mind
    Oh no not this again. Death knights are necromancers. Unholy is specifically the necromancer spec.

No, priests and paladins aren't the same. Paladins are ex priests, death knights are not ex necromancers, they're necromancers to begin with.

If they wanted to make unholy ranged I would be totally onboard though. With clawing shadows it basically gets there anyway.

Am I missing something here? All these people that are comparing the release of allied races to this and saying the allied races was a much better pre-release than this... how is it any different?

Allied races allowed you to essentially change the appearance of the CURRENT classes and gave you a few new racials. Isn’t this exactly what we are getting with the DKs? Yes I agree neither one is fantastic, but they are virtually the same. So are people genuinely aggrieved by this or just upset that none of the new races will affect min-maxing for DKs?

Quote Originally Posted by rhunes View Post
    How was I complaining about anything? I was stating something. Big difference there.
    Isn't a complaint a type of statement? How is there a "big difference" between the two?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Now that you mention it, it might have been allied races who start at 10 I was thinking of. I suppose in the case of allied race DKs it would be both technically.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no not this again. Death knights are necromancers. Unholy is specifically the necromancer spec.

No, priests and paladins aren't the same. Paladins are ex priests, death knights are not ex necromancers, they're necromancers to begin with.

If they wanted to make unholy ranged I would be totally onboard though. With clawing shadows it basically gets there anyway.
    Man, it's like watching the forums explain why demon hunters couldn't exist because of demonology warlocks all over again.

The only reason necromancers aren't currently a class is because they didn't feel like making them a class. That's it.

Most allied races abilities are quite horrible for DKs, while under this thick DK Armor everything kinda looks the same...

Personally, i am sad that blizz now advertises race skins as content, how about adding more depth to classes? Shadowlands would have been the perfect time to introduce a new range dd class. Necromancer comes to mind, while dks need a new design, for some of their specs.

Really strange "allied races this, allied race that" meta currently at blizz.....visuals before gameplay....i see how this was made possible with all the original devs leaving a sinking ship, because thats the time all of this nonsense actually started.
    Zandalari DK will be sweet.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    Isn't a complaint a type of statement? How is there a "big difference" between the two?
    If you actually read my post you would see that there is not a single complaint in it. I was stating information from the PTR. There is a big difference between a complaint and my statement.

10+ Year Old Account

I was hoping for fourth specs myself. Many classes could use them imo.